Why couldn't we do what SMU just did? | The Boneyard

Why couldn't we do what SMU just did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Observations and thoughts? I just saw an SMU team playing with unbelievable intensity. More so than we did against Cincy.

Our team better be taking some notes from this game...

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
It's because we softened Cincy up for them. ;)

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Posts like this drive me crazy. The Cincy-UConn game on Thursday was one of the intensest games I've watched all year. It wasn't a matter of want, we didn't execute.

I should have been more specific then. I think SMU's defense tonight was more intense than our's.

Reaction Score
Did you see that same SMU play with that same type of intensity when they lost in Cincy's building?

Reaction Score
Yea the road factor hurt us a lot...plus we were missing our 2nd best player. I think we take down Cincy easily at home

Reaction Score
Matter of being at home in college hoops. I have complete confidence we'll beat that Cincy team by 12+ at the XL center.

Reaction Score
We could have...shots didn't fall. Bazz loves to dish to DD behind the arc...he'll be there next time.

Reaction Score
Guys, we were missing DD, arguably our #2 scoring option these days. And we played Cincy tough. With DD, I'm pretty sure we win the game.

Reaction Score
We could have...shots didn't fall. Bazz loves to dish to DD behind the arc...he'll be there next time.
I just couldn't get myself to post about the last game until now. DD might have made a big difference in the outcome of that game, but Kromah had a really good game who likely took some of Daniel's shots.

Just seems like many fans forgot how well we played in the first half. I thought it was one of UConn's best halves of the year. With that said, I thought Bazz and Boat tred to do way too much in that second half, and made a lot of bad decisions and took a lot of bad shots. At times it seemed that Bazz made it a him against Kilpatrick thing. He had 3 to 4 airballs in that game.

What bothered me most about that game was that it would have been a nice signature road win, and it was a very winnable game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't know what our conference road record is the past 3 years, but it's likely pretty bad. We could have really used a signature win at Cincy, because the Memphis win has been de-valued a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom