Why can't Ollie recruit any good players to Uconn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why can't Ollie recruit any good players to Uconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat was easily the least heralded recruit from the 2011 class. Who was a better get for the program- him or 5 star Drum?

Shabazz and J Lamb were both 2-3 star recruits until well after they committed. Who was a better get for the program- them or top-30 Roscoe?

Oriahki and Ater Majok were both 5 star recuits. Coombs-McDaniel and Omar were both top 40 recruits. The list goes on...

R-E-L-A-X

Shabazz and Lamb were both top 100 (at least players). Bazz was very well known and was as high as #38 in his class before reclassifying. Lamb upon commitmment was a 4 star recruit and rated the #13 shooting guard in his class (http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/high-school/fast-rising-norcross-prospect-picks-uconn/nQSW5/)

Boat was the least heralded of his class; arguably the best class we've ever had in that the other two players in his class were top 10 players (DD and Drummond). Pretty selective rationale.

I'm not ready to say that the sky is falling and that KO cannot recruit as Adams will be a star and Enoch is going to be an excellent player, but with Stone seemingly leaning towards UW and all of our wing targets gone, it's tough to say that this year's class off a championship, KO contract, practice facility, and everything else is not a bit of a disappointment. Many of us were borderline excited when Ali and Jackson de-committed as we assumed that we'd wrap up guys who were better fits. Think we'd really love either of them right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's this local joint called Domino's that opened up a little while ago. They deliver and everything.
i heard that they have good cheesy bread.. never tried it though

Reaction Score
I'm going to sound like a broken record. We're coming off a national championship and just opened a multimillion dollar practice facility. Although KO landed two very good recruits who happen to be regional talent, KO swung and missed on all the wings and centers he went after. Other than Stone, all were modestly ranked and with many of them we weren't losing out to big time Blue Chip programs.

Although in the end we'll be fine, but its completely reasonable to be disappointed. Now if we land Stone, that changes things, though it won't change the fact that KO wanted one of the wings (Jones, Mack, Clarke to name a few) and came up empty.

Some point to Hamilton as the reason why, but there are many programs that have been able to add recruits the play the same position where there is already a talented on in the fold.

IMO, it's our lame duck AAC conference. Now if you think things were difficult when people thought our conference was suspect, it's going to be brutal now that everyone know the AAC s*cks.

With our FB program in a state of rock bottom s*ckiness, a big-5 invite anytime soon looks quite unlikely.

With all that said, if UNLV can keep on pulling in big time talent while in a none big-5 conference, so should we. I think Hamilton, and Adams too, show that the program is capable of such. I'd just like to see KO do it with more top 60 recruits per class year after year.

Reaction Score
as gampel crumbles and memorial stadia is rising again

hockety & soocer are getting dollar infusions

way to build the big money programs

appears aspergers is contagious & uber storz

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I love this thread.

Perfect mix. Some rational posts , some emotional posts, some glass half empty posts, some glass half full posts.

Even better that it's a repeat of repeated threads.

Reaction Score
Hey Husky fan dan,long time no chat.

Despite the poor grammar articulated in the OP's OP it is still too well written to be penned by HFD. Too many Capitol letters, the dude used a freaking comma and there's no slashes. A freaking comma!

Reaction Score
If some people on this board are not complaining they are not happy.Ollie will get his fair share....Purvis, Hamilton, Adams were pretty much top 25 kids, Brimah, Enoch, Facey great upsides.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So glad someone resurrected this. I'm guessing it was UCONNSwag. Nice job everyone! All joking aside, I think there was a real fear that being in the AAC would be a detriment since it's viewed as a "less than" conference (even tho that perception seems to be changing).

But glad Ollie is not only on a roll again with the transfers, but also landing blue chip freshman types. I smell another NC in the next few years. Then we can all be anxious over whether or not Ollie jumps for the NBA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom