Whos is your favorite UConn opponent player of all time? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whos is your favorite UConn opponent player of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Pittsnogle, because I like to say Pittsnogle. And he wore this to his wedding:

786cdf33ce5cc1d53399bab6094603e7.jpg

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Gary McGhee, for reasons that should be obvious. I mean I like this guy so much that I watch a video clip of him at least once a month. It's always the same clip, of course.

On a serious note, John Garris. I always liked his game, and he seemed like the prototypical UConn big man (undersized and tough) of that era.

Reaction Score
Ok, I have a big list, since I've been watching college basketball a long time... and I don't hate players because they were opponents... I like players based on how they play.

GTown - Loved these guys in the 80's. Ewing, Mourning & Mutumbo (hey, I love shot blockers). But Reggie Williams with his smarts was exciting to watch. Charles Smith was a self made gritty, hardly recruited Big East player of the year. Perry McDonald was a strong & productive 6'4" PF. One thing I always was impressed with GTown was they've always had a lot of players who played hard. Otto Porter this year, Monroe & Hibbert recently too.

exCuse - Rony Siekaly & his brawn. Lawrence Moten with his ease of scoring. DC with his brute force. Sherm Douglas with his amazing passing. Stevie Thompson with his awesome dunks from Sherm.

BC - Dana Barrows could fill it up. I remember when we had to Box & One him with Lyman DePriest to shut him down. Bill Curley & Danya Abrams just did all the dirty work that no one could find fault with. Troy Bell could light teams up too.

Pitt - Had CT native Charles Smith & who could forget Jerome Lane's historic dunk, smashing the backboard. I still remember that as one of the most impressive dunks of all time.

PC - Ryan Gomes, a true hard worker & over achiever. Loved Murdock's defense. He could shut guys down & steal the ball.

St. Johns - So many great guys in the 80's. Mullin never seemed to miss a shot. Walter Berry could score with his eyes closed. Sealy was so slippery, always found a seam. Artest could bully anyone.

ND - LaPhonso Ellis, David Rivers, Adrian Dantley, Kelly Tripuka, Pat Garrity, Luke Harangody, Monty Williams, Orlando Williams... they had many great scorers.

Seton Hall - Terry Dehere & Jerry Walker were great in their best years.

Nova - Harold Pressley, Harold Jensen, Doug West, Ed Pinckney, Kerry Kittles, Randy Foye... let's not forget Hartford's Brooks Sales.

Louisville - Milt Wagner, Never Nervous Purvis, the McCrays.... a blast from the past

Marquette - Has had some solid gritty guys lately with DJO, Crowder, Bulter, Hayward... but who can forget D.Wade in the NCAA tournament 10 years ago?

I'm sure I'm missing some other great players. Don't hate for me admiring some great players, but I've always rooted for Big East teams... except against UConn, of course.

D

Deleted member 3149

Probably Royce White of recent history. Never seen a player pick apart an entire team like he did to us in 2012. Oriakhi, Drummond, Lamb, Napier, and Boatright were ripped to pieces.

Reaction Score
alonzo mourning. I would get fired up whenever we played GT.

lawrence moten

mailk seely, RIP

billy owens

allen iverson

but you know there are about 10 uconn guys that struck fear in any big east opponent. I'm sure they saw the schedule and said Oh shiat, ray allen is playing us this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom