Who should UCONN be playing on rivalry weekend? | The Boneyard

Who should UCONN be playing on rivalry weekend?

Who should UCONN be playing rivialry weekend?

• Memphis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cincinatti

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Temple

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • UMASS

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • NAVY

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Iron Bowl, Clemson-USCeast, UofL-Kentucky, Houston-SMU, UCF-USF and many more playing this weekend. I put up schools that I thought could be reasonable options because neither BC or Cuse is lining up to play us. Some people are split on whether we should be playing UMASS but I put them in because they would probably be willing to play us every year. Thoughts?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UMass is actually a feasible opponent that is regional that I wouldn't mind playing every rivalry weekend, as long as it was in Amherst when they hosted it (smaller stadium, better environment). Especially now that we play them in hockey east it would be fun to be able to play them every year in football too. Maybe a trophy of some sort can be created (would rather with UMass than UCF but love where Diaco's head is at) and we can sign a 8 year deal or so at the beginning.

Reaction Score
none of those teams mean anything to me, actually no one in the AAC does. rutgers, BC, i would even take syracuse.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Rutgers makes the most sense.

I doubt BC would play us even if their football life depended on it.

Reaction Score
Maybe I should have included Rutgers, they are playing Maryland this weekend, doubt we have much of an opportunity to lock them into an annual rivalry game baring an invitation to the Big 10.

pj

Reaction Score
Navy would move the Army game for us. (joke)

Reaction Score
A rival opponent should set one's teeth grinding. A loss would ruin an otherwise decent season. A win would crown an otherwise awful season. Their fans are all a bunch of inbred dyckheads. The date is automatically circled, then re-circled on the calendar. There should be bar fights when the fans mingle. There is no one in the AAC like this. There is only one - BC.

Reaction Score
A rival opponent should set one's teeth grinding. A loss would ruin an otherwise decent season. A win would crown an otherwise awful season. Their fans are all a bunch of inbred dyckheads. The date is automatically circled, then re-circled on the calendar. There should be bar fights when the fans mingle. There is no one in the AAC like this. There is only one - BC.

After this season, my teeth are already grinding!

Reaction Score
Depends on conf affiliation - Stony Brook isn't an option??

UMass as it stands now.

actually, beyond BC, UMass is the next realistic choice. But I think that says a lot about the state of US in a bad way.

Reaction Score
I'd rather play Yale than UMass, Harvard not withstanding!

Reaction Score
UMASS - Closest Div 1 school to Storrs, long history of playing them in multiple sports. Both football teams are relatively even as far as being in Div 1. I know UConn has a decade head start but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't mean much. An outstanding coaching & staff hire along with a handful of key player commits could propel either school.

BC - Will only agree to play UConn on a regular basis when it benefits them and right now it doesn't. They don't need to play UConn as they already have a couple regional rivals in Cuse and UMass.

SYRACUSE - Same deal as BC. They don't need to play us. They have Pitt and BC as regional rivals. If Calhoun was still coaching they might have been able to hammer out a multi-year home and home in football as long as basketball was tied with it. But Boehiem doesn't owe Ollie anything and it looks like there is almost a concerted effort by the former Big East football schools to shun the Huskies in football. If there wasn't I would have expected to see Pitt and Cuse on the schedule sooner than Mizzou.

Temple - They have the PA schools for rivals and Rutgers a few miles up the road.

I think UMass is your best bet for a rival. Makes the most sense and would most likely draw the best of any if both schools could find their niche in Div 1.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If it's "in-conference", it has to be Temple.

If we are allowing it to be out-of-conference, then Rutgers and BC are the most likely. I would favor Rutgers in that one, since we have more of a football rivalry with them than we ever did with BC...

Reaction Score
False choices. BC is a rivalry. Rutgers is a rivalry. We are in a frankenleague, an unnatural assembly of throw away parts sewn together in the semblance of a league.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
BC or Rutgers, depending which league invites us first.

Polling is now closed.

Reaction Score
I'd rather play Yale than UMass, Harvard not withstanding!

Yeah, I'm kidding about Yale. But UMass? Ugh! How about CCSU?
Isn't this a program that aspires to B1G or AAC?

Reaction Score
Iron Bowl, Clemson-USCeast, UofL-Kentucky, Houston-SMU, UCF-USF and many more playing this weekend. I put up schools that I thought could be reasonable options because neither BC or Cuse is lining up to play us. Some people are split on whether we should be playing UMASS but I put them in because they would probably be willing to play us every year. Thoughts?
No insult meant here but I could not vote, you should have included none of the above. :)

Reaction Score
No insult meant here but I could not vote, you should have included none of the above. :)
This is true soon after I posted I realized I should have added a "no yearly game/I'm too depressed to care" option.

To others that say BC and rutgers, I had in mind who we should be playing this year and next, and we are not lining up against either school on a yearly basis without more conference realignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom