• Tyler

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If this is how OklahomaUconn acts before the regular season has even started I would hate to see what he is like after a loss.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that i post up a discussion that could be deemed to have negative connotations and people start to jump on me not realizing all i want to do is start a discussion on playing time. I find it funny that i had a very similar couple posts last night that could be deemed to have a positive connotation (see http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/who-did-the-best-tonight.46305/#post-736169 , http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/napier-is-just-1-of-30.46309/#post-736055) and those get very few responses. Forgive my inability to word certain posts delicately enough to pass the judgement meters of readers. In the future when you see a thread by me try and understand that maybe im not a "negative nancy" but rather just someone trying to incite a conversation. People need to stop reading thread titles and responding with emotion.

Reaction Score
Then post " Where did you see the most room for improvement". See how that is less annoying and still starts the conversation you want to have?

Reaction Score
It's already been said by everyone on this thread and others, you choose to write negative things or try to spark negative discussion. The next time you're writing one of these boneheaded topics, just think about how you could phrase it the opposite way, and make the discussion about who impressed you or who are you excited about. Then somewhere down the line you can leak in your morbid depressing personality but at least it won't be the basis of discussion.

Do you get it? Just stop being a moron, and also the phrasing in the subject is awful. I want going to click this just because that subject offended me

Reaction Score
Then post " Where did you see the most room for improvement". See how that is less annoying and still starts the conversation you want to have?
Yea i have come to realize a thread title equates to roughly 67% of the subject matter of the posting.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I think the better question is who made the medium-est statement?

Reaction Score
man, this thread is bothered me...the guy poses a perfectly reasonable question and receives all this backlash? Then again, i guess its something thats innate with most message boards.

There is a ton of optimism -- especially from people on this board, myself included, who follow the team very closely -- for UConn right now headed into this season. Last night was a glorified 'run' against a D-2 (don't mean to slight D-2 players, they are very good basketball players just not at UConn's level), most players are going to look 'good' (a 5-5 in practive is far more revealing) I thought this question would generate a great discussion. In other words, i find it just as constructive as the discussion "who made the biggest statement?". We are fans , we are allowed to be critical (like the famous "one game at a time" replys you see in fan forums..who cares, we don't play on the team we as fans can look ahead all we want).

Anyway, all that rant and now I won't even contribute too much to the thread. I am out of the country and my stream was going in and out so i am probably not best fit give a good answer. All i can say is TO, considering his off-season, did not make much very convinced he deserves to be receiving 20+ minutes a game at this point. So, as a senior who started and scored buckets in the F4 for a championship team his freshman year, its pretty disappointing. Not saying his season is doomed and can't improve to be a very serviceable big for a tournament run, but at this point I am not a TO fan

Reaction Score
man, this thread is bothered me...the guy poses a perfectly reasonable question and receives all this backlash? Then again, i guess its something thats innate with most message boards.

If it was just one topic, you'd be right to characterize it as somewhat of an overreaction.

This is one of the more mild examples of his behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom