• Jones

• Diallo

• Other '16 recruit

• Other '17 recruit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who do you guys think will be the next player to commit? Pick pick from the choices above. If you pick other, please type who you think that player will be.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would love a backcourt of adams gilbert and diallo

Reaction Score
Who do you guys think will be the next player to commit? Pick pick from the choices above. If you pick other, please type who you think that player will be.

If we land one of those three, I'd be really happy.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Gut tells me Gabriel to Duke, don't know how involved with Jones we are, but I do think Diallo comes our way either for 16 or 17

Reaction Score
Wow. a lot of people think we still are a lock with diallo i see... IMO his meteoric rise and lack of interest in changing classes puts him in the same boat as gabriel. both top 25 guys we got in before they blew up, both fielding offers a crazy clip.

Reaction Score
Wow. a lot of people think we still are a lock with diallo i see... IMO his meteoric rise and lack of interest in changing classes puts him in the same boat as gabriel. both top 25 guys we got in before they blew up, both fielding offers a crazy clip.

A lot of people are clinging to the fact that he is followed by @UCONNMBB who only follows commits or players. I don't know what to make of that, but I think we are in good shape. As for Gabriel - I mentioned in this in a previous thread - isn't Giles considered a strong Duke lean? Plays the same position as Gabriel, same body type, and is a top 3 prospect. I can see Gabriel wanting to go to Duke even with a Giles commit, but I am not sure Duke would strongly pursue him in that case. On another note - I have seen people state that Gabriel and Adams are best friends but I have never seen that written. Is this just an assumption since they played with Mass Rivals? Gabriel himself stated that last year he wasn't even on the A team with Adams. If he indeed is best friends with Jalen, he will be even more tempted by our offer when he sees Jalen kill it this year.

Reaction Score
A lot of people are clinging to the fact that he is followed by @UCONNMBB who only follows commits or players. I don't know what to make of that, but I think we are in good shape. As for Gabriel - I mentioned in this in a previous thread - isn't Giles considered a strong Duke lean? Plays the same position as Gabriel, same body type, and is a top 3 prospect. I can see Gabriel wanting to go to Duke even with a Giles commit, but I am not sure Duke would strongly pursue him in that case. On another note - I have seen people state that Gabriel and Adams are best friends but I have never seen that written. Is this just an assumption since they played with Mass Rivals? Gabriel himself stated that last year he wasn't even on the A team with Adams. If he indeed is best friends with Jalen, he will be even more tempted by our offer when he sees Jalen kill it this year.
Giles is a PF, while Gabriel is a combo. But Duke did just land Tatum, so things would be awfully crowded if Gabriel comes aboard.

Gabriel will be a tough recruiting battle for sure, but a lot still has to play out. UConn should definitely have a shot there.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score

All the guys in the Mass AAU team are very close, and most people see them as friends because of this tweet once we offered Gabriel ...

How Giles affects Gabriel we'll see but Ollie has definitely keyed in on him and we should feel good because of that alone

Reaction Score
Giles is a PF, while Gabriel is a combo. But Duke did just land Tatum, so things would be awfully crowded if Gabriel comes aboard.

Gabriel will be a tough recruiting battle for sure, but a lot still has to play out. UConn should definitely have a shot there.

You are certainly not wrong, we are recruiting Wenyen as a 3, and many schools are, but no doubt about it, this kid is playing the 4 in college.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
There's no reason Duke can't play Tatum, Gabriel, and Giles together at the 3, 4, and 5 respectively. But I don't see Chase Jeter as one and done and who knows about Brandon Ingram and his rail-thin body leaving after 1 year. It could be a VERY crowded frontcourt at Duke next year if the dominoes fall this way.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You are certainly not wrong, we are recruiting Wenyen as a 3, and many schools are, but no doubt about it, this kid is playing the 4 in college.
He could play the 4 with larrier at the 3 if ollie wants to, right? Or when we want 3 guards out there. he could the 5 at times with Ollie's system, daniels and giffey did at times.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm honored to be included as an option but unfortunately am above the age of eligibility to play in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I'm honored to be included as an option but unfortunately am above the age of eligibility to play in the NCAA.

Lucky for you Joober there is no age requirement. You've already taken care of step 1 by losing the weight. Now step 2 is dunking over diamond stone after getting your UConn scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom