White Flag | The Boneyard

White Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hello all,

I am new to this board (well posting) and I wanted to say congrats to all of the fans here. I have to be honest I am a Tennessee Lady Vols fan first and foremost , BUT i am a fan of womens college basketball as well and it would be foolish of me not to admit the greatness that is going on there. Long story short, If you're nice to me , I'll be nice to you.

Reaction Score
MLTSo5. You are welcome to the boneyard anytime. Some of our members hold long grudges and are not very welcoming to any LadyVols fan who might express an option or two that runs contrary to what we (as a group in general) feel is the true history( good and bad) of our two great programs. That said, numbers don't lie and the reality is UConn has replaced Tennessee as the greatest current WCBB program; some would say now the greatest of all time and still going strong......All sports dynasties run in cycles and it's hard to see any team in any sport dominating forever. We believe as long as Geno is running the show UConn will be always be the best and win another 4 or 5 championships before he retires.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Welcome, this isn't the Summitt, its a pretty welcoming board (they put up with me)

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Welcome to the board.Will be interesting if you bring some fresh insights and opinions about women's basketball.
I am a die hard Connecticut fan,but,I respect all teams,including Tennessee,and have the utmost respect for what Pat Summit accomplished over the years.
It would be fun if Connecticut and Tennessee would resume playing one another.Those years of head to head battles were some of the most intense games in women's basketball history.
Your team is on the right track,talent wise,to become a major player in women's basketball.It will be interesting to see how they progress under the present coaching staff,and if you are adding DeShields,it will be a team that could be extremely dangerous come tournament time.

Reaction Score
Hello all,

I am new to this board (well posting) and I wanted to say congrats to all of the fans here. I have to be honest I am a Tennessee Lady Vols fan first and foremost , BUT i am a fan of womens college basketball as well and it would be foolish of me not to admit the greatness that is going on there. Long story short, If you're nice to me , I'll be nice to you.
I am one of the UConn fans that believes we should set aside our past differences & have a reconciliation between the 2 teams. It would benefit the basketball fans, team players & women's basketball. It's more than just trading niceties !

Reaction Score
Hello all,

Hello.

Reaction Score
Welcome, MLTSO5!

Do you happen to know the Great Margot of youtube fame? If so, please pass on this Boneyarder's appreciation of the fiery passion she shows for your team.

Reaction Score
Welcome, I go to the other board, but only to read the thread titles....amazing... some there can't even type Geno's name....(He who must not be named)...........:) but it's refreshing to get others' point of view...There were some very nice people there at one time,when one was able to log in, that would just discuss WCBB, and were not team biased.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How long have you been following the LV?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Welcome- how tall do you think DD is- if you have any insight, pls start a new thread!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
As you know, we have 2 or 3 of your fellow Volfans here. So far we haven't chased them off. Welcome.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Welcome, MLTSO5!

Do you happen to know the Great Margot of youtube fame? If so, please pass on this Boneyarder's appreciation of the fiery passion she shows for your team.
I think everyone knows Margot. Don't her videos draw hundreds of thousands of views? Well. dozens, anyway.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I actually went to the VolNation board a week ago and was surprised at the tenor of threads - some hatred of Geno and Uconn, but also some surprising praise for the basketball played and the coaching. Postings that probably would have gotten people banned from the pay site. There is also a pretty obnoxious Uconn poster on there as well.

Reaction Score
I thought you were surrendering the next 3 or 4 National Championships to UConn

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hello all,

If you are civil, the Yard will be civil. Might even be nice.

If you extoll the virtues of the Lady Vols at every opportunity, you'll ruffle some feathers and probably hear about it.

Oh yeah, and: Geno > Pat. That's the general consensus around here! :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Welcome, MLTS. I sincerely hope you're treated with civility here. We have lots of visiting fans; they add balance and new perspectives. It's great to have one more.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We especially need threads comparing A'ja Wilson and Elena Delle Donne.

. . . or more threads that lambaste Dee Kantner's officiating (be sure to call her "Kanter") or Carolyn Peck, either because of her anti-UConn bias or her inadequacies as a wcbb analyst. Or both.

And as a LadyVol fan, you will be remiss if you don't regularly remind us that Geno's recruiting effort is DOOMED because the word is out (to recruits and their families) that UConn is in a conference that stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom