Which team do you think should be #2 in week 4 (Nov. 30)? (two choices) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which team do you think should be #2 in week 4 (Nov. 30)? (two choices)

Which team you think should be #2 in week 4 (Nov. 30)? (two choices if you cannot decide)

• South Carolina

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • Baylor

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Maryland

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Others

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You can't compare any team to Uconn. Uconn continues to distance themselves from every other team and this season its a ridiculous the margin. So who is number 2. No team imo has proven they stand alone second to Uconn. Santa Clara Albany West Kentucky all have shown they can compete with the top 20. Teams outside the top 20 've shown that they can compete which imo reflects better coaching with lesser known talent. the difference is nothing new. It's team ball discipline a d hard work. I think many of the top coaches got a little lazy in their discipline of top players. You can't be afraid of losing atop player. The team comes first. You can win with a good Team more then with a good player. Some top players want the control. They have wants that don't always include the team. Imo this is the problem. One good player can t beat a team. So who is number 2? Almost any team because no team has distanced themselves from the pack. As for Tennessee nothing has changed for years. They still have the top talent and still don't have a team.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
UConn fans are in a unique situation. We are the only fans that can truly critique "bad wins" since we are the only ones who can truly appreciate them. Bad wins are rare for UConn and WCBB isn't at a point where voters can ding teams for bad wins. There aren't enough really good teams for that. I expect some shuffling in the top 10 but I wouldn't be surprised if it all looked pretty much the same. The bottom 5 or so teams will probably get some shuffling too. We have to face the fact that most teams in the top 25 are just trying to win right now. There isn't much thought or care of how to win at this point. The sad part is, by the time they figure it out UConn will be even better than they already are. Then the cycle will continue and we will have to listen to morons talk about how it's Uconn's fault that there's no parity in WCBB... and so on... and so forth. I hope whoever we play tonight plays hard for 40 minutes, doesn't let up, and tries to win. I think K-State did that and Nebraska did that at times before they got tired. That's where you start. This years top 25 teams look like they want to walk out on the court and just win and the mid-majors and terribly ranked teams are taking it to them and rightly so. My solution... Noone gets a ranking period at this point. You get a ranking the day before the NCAA tourney starts and the ranking criteria is the same as always you just don't know where you fall. Now coaches can't play it safe in OOC schedules and players must work hard ALL YEAR if they want it.

HGN

Reaction Score
When I was watching the Nebraska vs UConn game I was thinking the UConn bench might qualify for a top 64 spot for the Big Dance....... But it is a little early.:D

Reaction Score
They seemed to have a good time in Hawaii from the videos published; that good time did not translate to the basketball court, however.
Slogged is an appropriate word. I attended the game last night. Had Sessions and Cuevas not turned it up in the second half, it would have the sloggiest of games. The refs called way too many petty fouls. 42 fouls combined. No one really got into a flow. This should have been a blow out.

I think Baylor is playing better ball than both USC and Notre Dame at this point in the season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Slogged is an appropriate word. I attended the game last night. Had Sessions and Cuevas not turned it up in the second half, it would have the sloggiest of games. The refs called way too many petty fouls. 42 fouls combined. No one really got into a flow. This should have been a blow out.

I think Baylor is playing better ball than both USC and Notre Dame at this point in the season.

I'd be lying if I didn't say our fans are concerned with our early season play, but I looked back at last season's box scores and we had many such games then, too. We play Duke at home on Sunday in what will be our 4th game against a currently ranked opponent, so they can't be too awful to still be undefeated.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I didn't say our fans are concerned with our early season play, but I looked back at last season's box scores and we had many such games then, too. We play Duke at home on Sunday in what will be our 4th game against a currently ranked opponent, so they can't be too awful to still be undefeated.
I don't think anyone thinks they are awful, just that they don't necessarily look the part, but they didn't really look the part last year and still made it to the FF. The problem lies in their goal. If the goal is to win a NC this year it is gonna have to look a bit than what it looked last year to get it done and surprisingly with a more talented starting line up the output has been largely the same. I predicted after losing Welch, Ibiam, and Olivia that there would be a trade off in terms of focus. I thought there would be more offense and the defense would suffer. I don't think there has been more efficient offense and I'm sure Dawn isn't pleased with the amount of points being given up either. Losing two starters isn't easy that's for sure and some of the players may have taken what they did for granted.

Reaction Score
They seemed to have a good time in Hawaii from the videos published; that good time did not translate to the basketball court, however.
YOU are a USC fan!! Let us Uconn fans make less of USC's close wins, your job is to cheer USC. A win is a WIN. 1 point loss is a loss.
Big difference between the two. Feburary is weeks off---and the game is in Columbia. I don't put UConn W's in the Win column until the game is played. Nor do I put in L's. The games in Hawaii, Paradise Jam are supposed to be FUN for the teams---don't knock it..

Reaction Score
When I was watching the Nebraska vs UConn game I was thinking the UConn bench might qualify for a top 64 spot for the Big Dance.. But it is a little early.:D

First you'd have to "define" what is Uconn's BENCH! If Butler is part of that BENCH, Chong, Katie Lou , Collier, Ekmark, Lawlor too.
Top 64 ranking isn't out of the question. It depends a lot on how KLS, Collier, Butler, Ekmark are playing in April. It is a very good mental exercise however!!!l Please note---I think Chong and Lawlor are ready now both are playing as if they belong as first off the bench.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
YOU are a USC fan!! Let us Uconn fans make less of USC's close wins, your job is to cheer USC. A win is a WIN. 1 point loss is a loss.
Big difference between the two. Feburary is weeks off---and the game is in Columbia. I don't put UConn W's in the Win column until the game is played. Nor do I put in L's. The games in Hawaii, Paradise Jam are supposed to be FUN for the teams---don't knock it..

Of course my job is to cheer, but after attending close to 1000 MBB and WBB games I think I also know at least a little bit about the sport, too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The bad news for Baylor is that Alexis Prince is our 8-12 weeks due to a knee injury. Wallace is filling nicely, which makes the injury a little less impactful. And Alexis Jones is starting to find her groove.

With the news about Turner I have to eliminated them as a contender for the number 2 spot. Tennessee is out and SC doesn't seem to be playing too well yet

By the process of elimination, I choose Baylor. But that's where I've had them all year.

Reaction Score
Of course my job is to cheer, but after attending close to 1000 MBB and WBB games I think I also know at least a little bit about the sport, too.
You no doubt know WBB---and probably men's BB. I've seen maybe 5 or 7 times as many games for many college teams, and HS, and Cyo--I don't pretend to know as much as you do.
But Mom always told me not to hang family dirty laundry for all to see. Which means if you don't have good things to say about your family or your team--only say it to FAMILY or those on your TEAM's board.
Most top teams have enough dislikers no need to add to that. Only the Coach, players or the Admin of the college has the ability to change what is happening with a team--as loud as some fans may yell--they are Whizzing in the breeze. \
So if you want to Witch (with a B) about USC go ahead I'll be very big in damning any thing they do--. But remember these are kids--18 to 22, not robots or clones, with feelings.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You no doubt know WBB---and probably men's BB. I've seen maybe 5 or 7 times as many games for many college teams, and HS, and Cyo--I don't pretend to know as much as you do.
But Mom always told me not to hang family dirty laundry for all to see. Which means if you don't have good things to say about your family or your team--only say it to FAMILY or those on your TEAM's board.
Most top teams have enough dislikers no need to add to that. Only the Coach, players or the Admin of the college has the ability to change what is happening with a team--as loud as some fans may yell--they are Whizzing in the breeze. \
So if you want to Witch (with a B) about USC go ahead I'll be very big in damning any thing they do--. But remember these are kids--18 to 22, not robots or clones, with feelings.

Thanks mom, I really needed to be told what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom