Which Conference do you want to see UConn in? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which Conference do you want to see UConn in?

Which Conference would you like to see UConn accept an invite to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like you, I wanted to see the same thing and this is why I wanted to post the poll. Also, I would love to get an even larger sample. To me, it would be nice if every season ticket holder took this poll. More importantly, to have a large number of people answering it, IMO would further demonstrate our interest not only in Realignment but interest in UConn. One surprise to me, is that I would have expected the UConn BB Fans Men's and Women's to lean more to the ACC, so far I have not seen this. Of course, I don't know the breakdown of the fan interest in taking this pole. Maybe one thing to consider after this poll is a question asking those that participated if they consider themselves to be WBB, MBB, FB, or both BB & FB Fans. Of course right now, I just want a larger sample population. This could also be a great exercise for any statistical math students at UConn.

After posting this pole, I realized it might have been good to have had two other categories, -
one I don't care, but then I realized - they don't have to answer.
two the first to invite us gets our vote - but to me this smacks of desperation, not saying that we aren't but it appears that the UConn president and AD no longer wish to pursue the anywhere but here mantra in any public forum - at least that is my opinion. It is why some of us if not all of us hope there is something going on behind closed doors -again JMHO
I like the notion that accepting the first offer smacks of desperation. Of course it does give me pause when I think well, we are. Still, I'd like us to steer a strategic course rather than accept some George McFly type pity invitation to the conference realignment ball extended by a reasonably hot chick just because her dad ran us over.

If the ACC invitation came first, I'd like to see Susan call the B1G immediately. Even a response like "Susan, we're not going to offer anything right now, but you're in our plans. Stay the course you are on" might be enough to cause me to reject the ACC's offer. My problem isn't with the ACC's schools. Rather it's with the bag holding the master key to the executive washroom at ACC HQ. Despite all Swofford's histrionics all he's managed to do with his destruction of the Big East is move the ACC from next to last place on the conference vulnerability list to last place on that list.

Reaction Score
I'll probably be speaking to the wall, but you guys have to understand the eventual destruction of the Big East was meant to be. It was and still is a means of catapulting athletic departments into other conferences. There's no way Penn State would even have stayed in the Big East. If you were Penn State, would you rather be with Providence, St John's, Seton Hall or the B1G? All the major programs in the northeast, besides maybe Rutgers, were independent. That tradition mainly only stood true for the northeast, Notre Dame and maybe BYU. They had conferences for 100 years everywhere else. The Ivies obviously ruled the northeast for a while before. We just passed the beginning stage (the Big East) and are now set to be picked. We're ripe.

For some other schools, the AAC is going to be their means of development. Cincinnati and USF/UCF are probably next up. If I was in the Big 12, I'd clamor for adding USF and UCF and maybe Cincinnati and Memphis, at least. No idea where Tulsa is going to go. I can see the Big 12 if the B1G adds Oklahoma. If Tulane develops into a strong athletic department again, it can go to the ACC or the Big 12. Very large conferences are nothing new. The end goal is supposedly 20-24 schools for each of 4 conferences. 96 maximum. Right now, there's 64 in power conferences, 65 if you add Notre Dame. 31 more schools to add.

We are very, very, very fortunate any of these "backstabbing" institutions lended us a hand to get out of the Yankee Conference. Otherwise, we' be maybe just a little bit better than UMass. And the campus would still look North Korean (dorm complex Frats was great.) Now some of their fanbases are in deep agony. No idea why we are so bitter. Championship #12 and #13 in basketball should have erased any anger.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I voted for the ACC since I think it would be better for UConn as an institution to draw undergrad applicants from the Northeast, and Virginia down to Florida, than to draw applicants from the midwest. In other words, demographics. With the B1G you'd get the mid-atlantic though, and UConn will always have a big presence in New England / NYC so it's not necessarily a decisive factor and of course there are plenty of other factors as well.

Reaction Score
I picked the Big Ten because everything else can go suck balls. But I also love the idea of being in a league that has both NYC and Chicago in its portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom