Wheres everyone want/think Lamb and Drummond will end up? | The Boneyard

Wheres everyone want/think Lamb and Drummond will end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lamb
Realistically Want: Golden State/Portland
Don't Want: Toronto
Realistically Think: Portland

Drummond
Realistically Want: Cleveland: Rise of Kyrie. Drummond needs a point to create for him until he learns some post up moves.
Don't Want: Sacramento
Realistically Think: Sacramento/Portland

Reaction Score
I want Andre to get on a team with a strong veteran frontcourt presence. If he gets a KG/Udonis Haslem type of veteran big to show him the ropes, professionalism, attitude, and work ethic he will really prosper.

OR, he could be JeVale McGee version 2.0 on a crappy team with no organizational structure like Washington.

please, please find a good team.

Reaction Score
If he has KG on his team...holy ...Andre cannot find a better mentor to get his motor up

caw

Reaction Score
Lamb

Drummond
Realistically Want: Cleveland: Rise of Kyrie. Drummond needs a point to create for him until he learns some post up moves.

Lamb
Realistically Want: Portland/New Orleans/Phoenix/Dallas
Don't Want: Toronto/Golden State (they have two decent SG's already and no PG)
Realistically Think: Portland/NO

Drummond
Realistically Want: Cleveland/Boston(just some rumors that they are shopping and interviewing top 5 candidates, but imagine how good he would look with Rondo throwing him passes)/Wizards (Can play next to Nene and run the floor with Wall)
Realistically Think: Sacramento/Cleveland/Bobcats (as much as I love Kemba, that team is just a mess)

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Would LOVE to see JL go to the Bobcats. The Walker/Lamb combo is a proven winner & Charlotte could certainly use some of THAT!

Reaction Score
these two players succeeding in the NBA over the next few years will be huge for recruiting in the near future. A big man and shooting guard/ small forward going to UConn and then getting drafted in the lottery and putting up good numbers would be enormous. Some will say Andre Drummond was going to be a lottery pick anyway, but you would be surprised to find out that a lot of high school kids don't do research enough into that stuff. That is why players really want to go to Kentucky. Some high school players seriously think Calipari is preparing these guys for the NBA in the 6 months he works with them instead of their draft status being almost solely based on their talent/ abilities that have almost nothing to do with Calipari. Based on this, I think that Portland and Sacramento would not help east coast recruiting because high school kids that go to sleep at or before 11pm aren't going to be able to watch them play. Between school, workouts, and practice I'm assuming a lot of kids go to sleep before the games even start, let alone finish. Cleveland and Washington I think would be the most ideal situations. It's unlikely they will go 3 and 4, but Drummond certainly could go either pick. If either do go to the west coast, than it appears Portland or Golden State would be the best.

Reaction Score
I don't want any of our guys in Portland with that medical staff.

Reaction Score
As a celtics fan, i would take lamb or drummond. Drummond with Rondo could get insane but i dont know if we have the pieces to trade that far up. It would have to be one/both 1st round picks and Bradley. Right?

Reaction Score
I wish Drummond would get to San Antonio and be mentored for Duncan' position when he retires (soon). Maybe worth pursuing for SA.

As for Lamb I'd like him in a high flying, run and gun offense. I don't follow the NBA enough to know of a good one.

Reaction Score
I wish Drummond would get to San Antonio and be mentored for Duncan' position when he retires (soon). Maybe worth pursuing for SA.

As for Lamb I'd like him in a high flying, run and gun offense. I don't follow the NBA enough to know of a good one.

Drummond actually said that both the Spurs and Celtics were teams that contacted him that were outside of the lottery, and I think both would be ideal fits if those teams traded up. However, these scenarios are pretty unlikely.

For Drummond, I'd like him to go to the Cavs. I think he needs a good PG to really flourish, and Irving showed a lot of promise in his rookie year.

As for Lamb, I wouldn't mind him going to either the Bobcats or Cavs, but both are possibly earlier than he's currently projected (though I wouldn't be shocked if he were able to move into the top 5 if he really impressed in workouts), but for a realistic pick, I'd say Portland. They've got a decent foundation there, and have the #6 and #11 pick in the draft. If they could grab Lamb and someone like Lillard with those picks, I think they could be set up very nicely for the future.

caw

Reaction Score
As a celtics fan, i would take lamb or drummond. Drummond with Rondo could get insane but i dont know if we have the pieces to trade that far up. It would have to be one/both 1st round picks and Bradley. Right?

I can't see how the Celtics will get this done.

#21 and #22 aren't enough, so I think they would have to include a future pick or Bradley. The unpopular decision would be to try and use Pierce to move up (with one of the two draft picks). Of course at his age, I'm not sure Pierce will get you that much.

If they think they can resign Ray and Garnett for cheap, short deals, I would keep the #21 and #22 and hope for some combination of White/Harkless/Melo/Ross to fall to you.

Assuming the Celtics can do this they end up with:
PG: Rondo
SG: Bradley
SF: Pierce
PF: Bass (I would resign him)
C: Garnett

Bench:
SG: Allen
SF: Harkless/Ross?
PF: White/Melo?
C: Johnson

The worst (IMO) at #21 and #22 will net you Miller and Teague. You could theoretically end up with much better.

I might also resign Stiesma, Pietrus and Dooling for insurance if they didn't ask too much.

Reaction Score
Drummond on the Celtics could be a possibility. I don't think Lamb would fit well with Rondo in the back court. If the Celtics blow up the team, than I don't think Pierce would mind getting traded. He is still quite valuable in a 3 or 4 team trade. No terrible team like Washington is going to want Pierce right now. But if someone like Chicago wants to send a good young player to Washington and the Celtics send Pierce to Chicago and the Celtics get a draft pick, than that could work. Obviously there would be many players and draft picks involved. In my mind Avery Bradly is worth the same as a top 5 pick with the exception of Anthony Davis. Bradley was the best perimeter defender I saw play in the NBA this season. Rondo has made all nba defense the last few seasons and Bradley is without question a better defender. His shooting really improved towards the end of the year, and he can finish on the fast break. Remember, he was considered by many to be the #1 high school player in his class 3 years ago. The guy is oozing with talent and has proven himself on the NBA level. Anyway, I think the celtics have the pieces to make basically any move they want. Even with keeping Rondo they have Bradley, Johnson and two first round draft picks this year. That's a lot of pieces to work with. If Pierce isn't opposed to a trade that sets him up with another title run, than the Celtics can really make some major moves.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd hate to see any UCONN player end up in Charlotte, Toronto, New Jersey, Golden State or Sacramento. Partly cuz those teams mostly suck and partly cuz they don't seem to have a lot of potential.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i dont care where they fall, as long as they get on a team , get a lot of playing time, are successful and learn from a great coach and veterans who can show them what they need and not have them learn everything on their own

H

huskymagic

Lamb

Drummond

Andre is going to go 2nd to the Bobcats. Jordan has learned that passing up on UCONN talents hasn't turned out well for him. He took Adam Morrison over Rudy Gay lol and now he is trying to make up for that awful blunder. If MJ is somewhat intelligent his choice is made up to get Drummond.Bobcats desperately need a big man with big time potential. Gilchrist and Thomas Robinson wont cut it as they are at their peak basketball wise and don't have star capabilities.

Lamb I say goes either 5( Sacramento) or 9 to the Detroit Pistons. Hopefully Lamb goes anywhere but the awful Sacramento team that we will never watch on the east coast,

Reaction Score
I want Andre to go to a team like the Celtics or the Rockets. They have coaches that are player friendly and could help the young man develop a solid work ethic. Where I think he lands; Bobcats or with the Wizards.

Jeremy. I would love to see him with the Suns or the Magic. I would hate to see him here in Minnesota. We need another SG/SF like Hugh Hefner needs a girlfriend. But I think that he lands with the Pistons...and we will never seem him again. And heaven help him if he lands with the Bucks. Wow.

Reaction Score
I think the ideal fit for Drummond would be the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons have a nice core of Gordon, Stuckey, Knight, Prince, Monroe, Maxiell, and Jerboko (sp?). I wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak into the playoffs next year as their young pieces continue to grow. Monroe looks to be one of the better young big men in the league, and they went over .500 in the second half last season.

A potential Monroe/Drummond frontcourt would really be a force to be reckoned with if both players coninue to develop. What would make this such a good fit for Drummond is that his lack of skill and basketball awareness would be easily compensated for by his frontcourt mate Greg Monroe, one of the more skilled big men in the NBA. This would be a traditional inside/outside frontcourt, or in other words, the exact opposite of the cluster *k we had with Oriakhi and Drummond last season.

The Pistons are a well run organization that looks to be headed in the right direction after a brief rebuilding phase. The problem is that they are picking tenth, I believe, so it seems unlikely that Drummond would fall that far. I wouldn't think it would cost a lot though if the Pistons wanted to trade a couple spots to grab him.

It seems unlikely, but the best case scenario for Lamb would be if the Cavs talked themselves into taking him at four. It would be an unpopular pick, but Jeremy Lamb would be a very good pick, IMO. I've talked about this at length before, but if you're looking for a complimentary piece on a title contender, I don't think there are many guys in this draft class better suited to play that role than Lamb. He moves more gracefully off the ball than 90% of the players in the NBA, he doesn't need a lot of room to get his shot off, and he can score in a variety of ways. Couple that with his plus vertical leap, plus height, and length, and I think the Cavs would be very pleased with their selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom