Where Would UConn WBB Be Without... | The Boneyard

Where Would UConn WBB Be Without...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New York- which gave us Sue Bird, Tina Charles, Bria Hartley, Stef Dolson, and Stewie... wow.
or
California- which gave us Diana Taurasi, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, and Katie Lou Samuelson (premature?)
or
Montella, Italy- coach

- with NO disrespect intended to Massachusetts (Rebecca Lobo, Kara Wolters) or Connecticut (Nykesha Sales and Jen Rizzotti) or Texas (Moriah is the only kid, but oh man, what a special one!!).

[I think that's most of 'em, but apologies in advance for any senior-induced memory lapses]

Last edited:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Where would UConn BB be without John Toner?

Got us into the founding of the Big East
Hired two coaches, one with a limited something on his resume (head coach at my alma mater, Northeastern) and the other a complete unknown, as well as giving them the support to succeed.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, was the driving force in building the Gampel - not that the field house wasn't good enough for championship class teams.

The rest is history

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What about transfers that, while certainly not being a causal benefit, were nonetheless followed by great things? For instance, could you add Lauren Engeln to your list of California players? Three consecutive NCs followed her transfer. Or after EDD left? 90 consecutive wins ensued.

This is, of course, not to say that we were destined to enjoy lesser success had those two players not transferred, but nevertheless: thank heavens for California and Delaware. One never knows what sort of butterfly effect may have occurred under alternate circumstances.

Yes, my tongue is currently attached to my cheek…

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Pennsylvania is another state to be thankful for.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Add Wilnet Crockett to California list, then give Ohio credit for Barbara Turner, Mel Thomas and Tamika Williams (and Hunter?)

Pittsburgh: Swin Cash and Ashley Battle.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pennsylvania is another state to be thankful for.
Battle, Cash, Doty. Gardler, Pattyson, Rose, Webber, Irwin.

California- which gave us Diana Taurasi, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, and Katie Lou Samuelson (premature?)
You can add in Clark, Crockett, Engeln, Houston

New York- which gave us Sue Bird, Tina Charles, Bria Hartley, Stef Dolson, and Stewie... wow.
Chong, Dixon, Wright, Espinoza-Hunter

Connecticut (Nykesha Sales and Jen Rizzotti)
Buck, Conlon, Czel, Edwards, Fernandes, Glenney, Lawlor, Marquis, Williams

Massachusetts (Rebecca Lobo, Kara Wolters)
Berube, Wolff

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hell, I could be thankful for Pennsylvania exclusively because of Meghan Gardler...For obvious reasons to be solely thankful for her…

Reaction Score
As I mentioned on a previous thread, Pennsylvania's Wendy Davis brought me to Geno and his UConn teams.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
Battle, Cash, Doty. Gardler, Pattyson, Rose, Webber, Irwin.

You can add in Clark, Crockett, Engeln, Houston

Chong, Dixon, Wright, Espinoza-Hunter

Buck, Conlon, Czel, Edwards, Fernandes, Glenney, Lawlor, Marquis, Williams

Berube, Wolff

Yeesh! :D Let me please rephrase that...GOD BLESS MANY OF THE FIFTY STATES OF AMERICA. Meyer - Engeln? Engeln??? Then also Samarie Walker :rolleyes: I was foolishly attempting to identify the best of the best, but every young lady who has worn that Husky uniform deserves our appreciation.

- Only this knucklehead could have forgotten the great MAYA. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sure New York, California.....but it was one recruit from the south that made the orange see red. :)

Reaction Score
Lets not forget Canada and James Naismith. If not for him we would all be discussing womens field hockey

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Colorado - (Strother)

Reaction Score
You guys beat out Clemson for a recruit ?

Unfortunately for Clemson everyone beats them out for recruits.

I know you know who I am talking about. More importantly they (Tenn) know who I'm talking about. Of all the recruits mentioned, nobody's recruitment ruffled an opponents feathers more than Miss Maya.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bristol Ct. Laura Lishness and Kathy Ferrier! Don't forget ESPN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom