Where does Yo8i Berra rank? | The Boneyard

Where does Yo8i Berra rank?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
In MLB history as a hitter or catcher?

In Yankee history?

It’s an interesting question. So, we needed some insider help. We watched the incredible doc~ It Ain’t Over and invited Lindsay Berra on our family podcast- Sliders & Curveballs.

Two Red Sox fans interviewing Yankee family royalty, what could possibly go wrong? Let us know what you think. We welcome your feedback.

Mike & Joseph

Reaction Score
The documentary was very good. And it made me think. It’s a shame that Yogis fun loving, quirky humorous side takes away from a stellar resume.

Which catcher has a better argument than him?

GemParty

Reaction Score
The documentary was very good. And it made me think. It’s a shame that Yogis fun loving, quirky humorous side takes away from a stellar resume.

Which catcher has a better argument than him?
Longtime no talk Deep. I enjoyed the doc. Our podcast is an insider look to some of those movie elements. We’d love your opinion.

I think most believe Johnny Bench is the top HOF catcher.

Yet, Yogi’s stats stack up with anyone. + the guy was married 65 years. He was a Saint.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yogi was an awesome player.

One thing I always found amazing was how seldom he struck out.

A sample from his prime (years strikeouts exceeded home runs in red):
1950 - 28 HR - 12 SO
1951 - 27 HR - 20 SO
1952 - 30 HR - 24 SO
1953 - 27 HR - 32 SO
1954 - 22 HR - 29 SO

1955 - 27 HR - 20 SO
1956 - 30 HR - 29 SO
1957 - 24 HR - 24 SO
1958 - 22 HR - 35 SO
1959 - 19 HR - 38 SO

Oh, and at age 19 he landed in Normandy on D-Day.

GemParty

Reaction Score
We go in depth on the Strikouts, and why he was such a good hitter. We compare to Rose, Gwynn, Ichiro for 600 AB. All 4 of their stars are outer worldly, but 12 SO is mind blowing. Most guys have that by May 10th.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wish I knew of this in advance. I would have provided a list of comments for you.

For full disclosure; first cousins of my father grew up on The Hill in St Louis. One married a guy who was very good friends with Yogi (Laudy basck then) growing up. They visited a couple years before I was born (summer 1958) and went to a Yankee game. Lino (Yogi's friend from the hill) starts yelling "hey Laudy" during batting practice, Yogi goes to see who was calling his name. We have (old fashioned) home movies of my father, uncles & cousins meeting Yogi by the first base dugout.

Without question Yogi was one of my all time favortes. He also was quite a bit more intelligent than most gave him credit for. He had an exceptional business accumen and ended up extremely well off through investments and business ventures.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I wish I knew of this in advance. I would have provided a list of comments for you.

For full disclosure; first cousins of my father grew up on The Hill in St Louis. One married a guy who was very good friends with Yogi (Laudy basck then) growing up. They visited a couple years before I was born (summer 1958) and went to a Yankee game. Lino (Yogi's friend from the hill) starts yelling "hey Laudy" during batting practice, Yogi goes to see who was calling his name. We have (old fashioned) home movies of my father, uncles & cousins meeting Yogi by the first base dugout.

Without question Yogi was one of my all time favortes. He also was quite a bit more intelligent than most gave him credit for. He had an exceptional business accumen and ended up extremely well off through investments and business ventures.

Lindsay tells us stories, about the Hill. Joseph can’t wait to try Broomsticks & Bottlecaps. Did he ever play?

Reaction Score
in 2000, Yogi came to the GHO Celebrity Pro-AM. He didn't play but followed his group around the course in a golf cart that I drove. He was so engaging with the fans, so many asking him to say "It ain't over". Asked him what was his most memorable game - Don Larsen's perfect game.

GemParty

Reaction Score
in 2000, Yogi came to the GHO Celebrity Pro-AM. He didn't play but followed his group around the course in a golf cart that I drove. He was so engaging with the fans, so many asking him to say "It ain't over". Asked him what was his most memorable game - Don Larsen's perfect game.
Let us know what you think of our show! I hope it brings back good memories for you.

GemParty

Reaction Score
fantastic conversation!!! wonderful complement to the film. Congrats!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you. My son will be happy to hear it.

If you haven’t explored our library, take a peak. We’ve interviewed Hassan, Facey, Freeman, Olander, Karaban, most of the Media, Joe D memories, Dom, Borges, Joyce, Fanta, David Benedict and Coach Calhoun.

For authors- Michael Jordan’s biographer who gave the Bible for The Last Dance, Willie Mays co biographer, Giannis, Stephan Curry’s author.

Fun hobby.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Very cool!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Yogi was an awesome player.

One thing I always found amazing was how seldom he struck out.

A sample from his prime (years strikeouts exceeded home runs in red):
1950 - 28 HR - 12 SO
1951 - 27 HR - 20 SO
1952 - 30 HR - 24 SO
1953 - 27 HR - 32 SO
1954 - 22 HR - 29 SO

1955 - 27 HR - 20 SO
1956 - 30 HR - 29 SO
1957 - 24 HR - 24 SO
1958 - 22 HR - 35 SO
1959 - 19 HR - 38 SO

Oh, and at age 19 he landed in Normandy on D-Day.
Wild life. Best stat, married 65 yrs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom