Where did you watch the championship Game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where did you watch the championship Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My first son was born on the morning of the DePaul game of the 2011 Big East Tournament. UConn had not won a Big East Tournament game during the entire period when I was dating, engaged to and ultimately married to my wife until that very day.

Then we rattled off five wins in his first five days.

So, now we have two boys, and UConn has won two national championships in the years when each was born. I'm seriously thinking about having another (and another, and another, and another).

Easy fella you move quick.

I'll give you the opposite: I met my wife just before the Iverson/Allen game.

We went on an early date to a UConn/Villanova triple OT football game (she threw in a purple bra with a white tshirt).

We got engaged the day after the second WVU game at the Rent and wasn't pregnant until the 09 Final Four.

As an old man with a young child - I fully support you taking one for the program.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
3 other championship games were all at home, had to go on a business trip this year and watch it alone in my hotel room on Long Island (after scouting the hotel bar and deciding they were not intense enough to watch a game with). I was worried about the mojo, as I watched the other 5 games this year at home on the left side of the couch with my son.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
St Joes- Bobby V's in Windsor Locks
Villanova- Bobby V's
Iowa State- MSG
Michigan State- MSG
Florida- Bobby V's
Kentucky- Bobby V's

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
St. Joe's - Basement with friends
Villanova - Was staying the city with wife. We tried to watch at Van Diemens, was way too crowded, watched back in our hotel room. It was her birthday weekend but she was totally into it. Not sure how I managed to get her into basketball.
Iowa State - MSG with wife
Michigan State - Basement with wife
Florida - Friend's house
Kentucky - Basement with wife

That basement is proving to be a pretty special place.

St. Joe's - My couch.
Villanova - My couch.
Iowa State - My couch.
Michigan State - My couch.
Florida - Roderick's basement.
Kentucky - My couch.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Home and I wore the same UCONN shirt for every game. Had friends over for the final four and had them wear the same shirts for both games.

Mojo was good.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
St. Joe's - My couch.
Villanova - My couch.
Iowa State - My couch.
Florida - Roderick's basement.
Kentucky - My couch.
Didn't you watch a couple of the games in the woods? Lol

Reaction Score
St Joes- Home on BY chat
Villanova- Home on BY chat
Iowa State- Home on BY chat
Michigan State- Home on BY chat
Florida- AT&T Stadium, chimed in on BY Chat, partied at UConn hotel
Kentucky- AT&T Stadium, chimed in on BY chat, lost voice, partied after at bar near stadium with lots of Husky fans, in hotel at 2:30 am, changed BY name from 3rings to 4 at 3:00 am while watching sports center over and over.

Reaction Score
Indeed. Great time.

The entire game was one big yell. As for drinks, I do remember taking a tequila shot from a much young alumni (post 2010?) from a place on her anatomy that I know my wife would not have appreciated. But, hey, I had to defend my manhood when she doubted my drinking skills due to my age. I assume that was not you :cool:

Ah, I miss college some days.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Home on the BY Chat for all six games.

Reaction Score
St. Joes and Nova.... Buffalo with a car full of students
ISU and MSU.. The Garden.
Fla and Kentucky... Gampel.

Yeah, it was a pretty fun month.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
After a morning puking after a party for the FLA game I decided I was staying in for the championship game. Joined my peeps on the Chat.

My mojo:

1520625_10152061417514639_946352840677473745_n.jpg

Reaction Score
St. Joe's - My couch.
Villanova - My couch.
Iowa State - My couch.
Florida - Straw Hat bar, Anguilla
Kentucky - Straw Hat bar, Anguilla

UConn-Notre Dame, Straw Hat bar, Anguilla

Reaction Score
Cheddie said:
Florida - Straw Hat bar, Anguilla
Kentucky - Straw Hat bar, Anguilla

UConn-Notre Dame, Straw Hat bar, Anguilla

Love me some cilantro lime pesto . . .

Reaction Score
St. Joes - The Parlor in Hollywood for a Turner Sports/CBS kickoff party
Nova - The Garage in LA
Iowa St. - The Garage in LA
Michigan State - The Garage in LA
Florida - Lavaca Street Bar in Austin, TX
Kentucky - Section 125, AT&T Stadium

Reaction Score
St. Joes - Home alone
Nova - Home alone
Iowa St. - MSG with friend
Michigan State - MSG with friend
Florida - Trionas bar NYC
Kentucky - Trionas bar NYC

Reaction Score
St. Joe's and Nova - Home alone
Iowa St and Mich St - MSG
Florida - followed on my phone.. couldn't watch bc I was in a car with friends.. watched on DVR later
UK - I have never watched a UConn title game live so I didn't wanna jinx us.. went to sleep and set my alarm for about 30 minutes after the game was scheduled to end and watched on DVR Tuesday

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Playa Del Carmen, MX . . . with a Kansas fan/Kentucky hater . . . UCan UConn in the Ucatan!!

Reaction Score
Uconn actually broke my bad mojo streak at Chicago Sams. I have seen the Patriots lose the last two AFC championship games there. We are going to Buffalo Wild Wings when the get to the AFC championship this upcoming January :)

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
St. Joe - Stowe, VT
Nova - Stowe, VT
Iowa St. - MSG
Michigan State - MSG
Florida - Dallas (BoomerJacks pre-game & Hyatt post-game)
Kentucky - Dallas (BoomerJacks pre-game & Hyatt post-game)

Expensive, but very satisfying month

Reaction Score
I either have to be at the game or home by myself. I am just not a realistic, self contained, rational person who can handle company of any likes when the game is either close, on the fritz, or being ruined by the refs unless I am with exact equal diehards with the same pro-UCONN values as myself (hence every once in a while I'll be with my brother for the game). Which actually means I am probably a lot like many of you on here. It has to do with the fact that I need to see every last second of the game, witness every screen, dissect every play call, watch every match up I can, coach my brains out, etc. But many of my close friends don't share that same passion and don't follow UCONN sports as much as I do and therefore would simply distract me during games, say things I didn't want to hear, ruin the mojo some how or just simply get on my nerves...(Legitimately I can't take conversation that aside from during the commericials that doesn't discuss the play that just happened, ie. don't talk to me about your girlfriend right now dude I don't give a rats ass at this current moment).

So in conclusion I watched all of the games on my couch, some with my wife and 9 month old (when things were going well) some by myself (early to mid St. Joes and early Villanova)......I tell ya when we were winning though and this dad was chanting and cheering I got some of the biggest smiles I've ever seen out of my daughter, she is hooked already!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I watched the last 4 games in the same seat in my same local bar. They let me bring in my own Rolling Rocks because they didn't have any. For the KY game I faced a dilemma. I went to the 2011 FF with my lady friend and we had a great time. I knew I had to go to the bar for this year's final, but I didn't like the idea of my sweetie watching the game at home alone, especially since we were together for the previous NC. The problem was I had never allowed her to come to this bar before (because I need at least one thing for myself). I decide to make a exception for the mojo and have her join me. The fact that we won and the world didn't end from my two world's colliding proves I made the right decision.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
MSU BWW in Wethersfield
FL BWW in Wethersfield
KY BWW in Wethersfield

Had a great time there and would not mess with the mojo

Reaction Score
St Joe's- Caesar's Palace bar
Nova- Las Vegas airport bar
Iowa St- Friend's house
Mich St- CC's O'Briens
Florida-My house(upstairs w/friends)

So Sunday night I realized I had watched each game at different place and I was trying to figure out a new place for championship game. I finally decided I watched the Florida game upstairs with company. Monday night it was just going to be me and my wife so I could watch downstairs and I could count it as a different place.

Did you switch to downstairs due to a superstition, I mean lucky charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom