Where did you watch the championship Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where did you watch the championship Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The championship games have always been the same for me. I have been able to go out with everyone and drink some beers and watch the games, yell at the bars TV's and have a blast……Chicago Sams South, Bobby V's and Chicago Sam's North was home to the early rounds leading to the FF……..

But get me to the FF and I need to hear and review everything I can leading up to the games……also I need full control of the remote so I can review questionable plays and bitch…….

The Florida game I had about 12 people here at the house, had a few leading up to the tip and then I can't throw too many down, it's game time!

Monday I was real happy that all of the people who came over had work the next day and weren't coming over - it's the title game I am fine alone but I did get a bonus. My son came back from college to watch that one with me and we enjoyed some good father and son screaming and bitching until the final buzzer………got to review the close calls and see who was right when time allowed and then we shared a great hug as he has now become a full fledged proud Husky fan with 2 titles in the last 4 years………

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
All in my apartment here in Bangkok. It's 11 hours ahead here so the game times were inconvenient and not compatible with beer drinking. They re-aired the NC game in the evening the day after, though, so I opened a Singha and watched calmly with a contented smile on my face.

Maybe in another thread you can explain what goes on in your apartment in Bangkok.

Reaction Score
St Joe's - Home
Villanova - Friend's House
Iowa St - Thirsty Fan in NYC across the street from MSG
Michigan St - Home during my son's birthday party (he's young, I was not allowed to be near him due to my language issues)
Florida - Local bar in NJ
Kentucky - Van Diem's in NYC with the UConn alumni group, about 800 drunk, screaming fans (I have no idea how I made it back to my hotel that night).

Reaction Score
Game 1-5 at home
Game 6 in a hotel room in Miami

I ate one sleeve of Thin Mints per game. My last three boxes.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
St Joes - at home on my DVR, was close to live action by the time I finished, Cumming GA
'Nova - at home live
ISU - Jimmy Johnson's Big Chill, Key Largo, FL
MSU - Disney Wonder Cruise Ship - State Room and Diversions Bar, Port of Miami, FL
UF - Taco Mac, mostly full of Gator fans or SEC fans rooting for the Gators, Johns Creek, GA **made the win extra sweet
KU - at home, full volume, full control of rewind on the DVR **we got a few calls, but it was really 5 on 8 when it came to contact

Reaction Score
St. Joe's: Home
Nova: Home
Iowa: Mohegan Sun
MSU: MSG
Florida: Home
Kentucky: Home with daughter who had also watched the 1999 game with me (needed the mojo)

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Watched most of the tournament games at home.

I'm such a die-hard uconn fan that when it comes to the big games I can't be anywhere in public (bars,etc) because I can't stand listening to the fake/shallow fans or band-wagoners who spew bullsh!t when they really have no idea what they're talking about.
Or when the team starts doing bad I can't listen to someone talk about our players.

Rather watch in peace at home.
I DVRed the game against Florida, and watched it after everybody was asleep, just so my family didn't have to deal with the psycho that is Patrick! Hardest 3 hours of my life!

Championship game was easy HOME SWEET HOME!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
The bigger question is how many of us were at msg on Sunday vs. Mich st. ??

I'll start ME!

We rocked the garden like it was our FIRST home!
We took over Stout, Barney Rock, and Van Diemans like they were in Hartford!

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
St. Joe's - Basement with friends
Villanova - Was staying the city with wife. We tried to watch at Van Diemens, was way too crowded, watched back in our hotel room. It was her birthday weekend but she was totally into it. Not sure how I managed to get her into basketball.
Iowa State - MSG with wife
Michigan State - Basement with wife
Florida - Friend's house
Kentucky - Basement with wife

That basement is proving to be a pretty special place.

Reaction Score
2011 - had my first kid in March, watched all six games while holding him on a rocker in front of the TV.

2014 - had my second kid in February, watched all six games while holding him on the rocker in front of the TV.

We thought we were done at two.

Reaction Score
St. Joe's. Home, Minneapolis MN
Nova Home, Minneapolis, MN
Iowa St. 1st half. Queens, NY; 2nd half. Briarcliff Manor, NY
Mich St. 1st half Queens, NY; 2nd half Terminal D at LaGuardia
Florida Ale House, Orlando
KY Lobby Bar, Hilton Bonnet Creek Orlando

Almost went to MSG but UConn has lost every Elite 8 and FF game I've been to... was good
luck that I didn't attend.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
2011 - had my first kid in March, watched all six games while holding him on a rocker in front of the TV.

2014 - had my second kid in February, watched all six games while holding him on the rocker in front of the TV.

We thought we were done at two.
My 2nd/last was conceived during March madness of 2011!

Reaction Score
My 2nd/last was conceived during March madness of 2011!

My first son was born on the morning of the DePaul game of the 2011 Big East Tournament. UConn had not won a Big East Tournament game during the entire period when I was dating, engaged to and ultimately married to my wife until that very day.

Then we rattled off five wins in his first five days.

So, now we have two boys, and UConn has won two national championships in the years when each was born. I'm seriously thinking about having another (and another, and another, and another).

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Nashville in bar/restaurant across from The Comfort Inn with Breanna Stewart's grandfather! How cool is that!!!!

Reaction Score
Home for all the games with 10 pounds of pure mojo wings and drinks in front of me for each game.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
How do you put up with the Boneyard?

It's tough. But most of the time people here post crap because they're passionate about the team. I can accept that. What I can't accept are people who act like they care about basketball when the team is doing well and then bad-mouth them when they do poorly.

Reaction Score
St. Joes: Home w/ UConn fam & Rolling rocks
Nova: Home w/ UConn fam & Rolling rocks
Iowa St.: MSG with my fellow students
MSU: MSG with my fellow students
Florida: Front g* damn row of AT&T Stadium calling Patric Young small
Kentucky: Front g* damn row of AT&T stadium nearly hopping the student section fence in the heat of the celebration.

What a run. I'll remember this season like it was yesterday for the rest of my life. Pretty soon, with KO at the helm, I'll have countless other runs that I'll never forget either.

Reaction Score
St.Joes on phone while walkng around Disneyworld with my sons and grandchildren.
'Nova in hotel room at Disneyworld.
ISU at home in Venice,FL
MSU - ditto
Florida - at a charity auction at Venice Yacht Club walking around looking like a jerk watching game on my Ipad and then gladly spreading the results to a lot of unhappy Gator fans.
KY at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger