Where Are They Now? - List of WNBA Players Playing Overseas | The Boneyard

Where Are They Now? - List of WNBA Players Playing Overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DT is not in the list. She should be in the UMMC Ekaterinburg team with Griner.

Reaction Score
DT is not in the list. She should be in the UMMC Ekaterinburg team with Griner.
I noticed that as well. Seems odd, being that she sat out the WNBA last year. I wonder if they know something that we don't?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If you look at 'current' players list for the WNBA, DT was not listed this year, if you wanted to see her stats you had to go to the history section to find her. If a player doesn't play for a WNBA season they are dropped from the 'current' - so this list is only current roster players who are playing overseas.

(I was actually hoping the link was for all USA players playing overseas as I would be curious to see some of the ones who haven't made NBA teams.)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
She's playing, as is Toliver, Griner, Nolan and a couple others.

I thought the web site I looked at was a nightmare, but the "stats" was useful to see who is playing. I guess they play in 2 different leagues at once? Russia and Euroball?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She's playing, as is Toliver, Griner, Nolan and a couple others.

I thought the web site I looked at was a nightmare, but the "stats" was useful to see who is playing. I guess they play in 2 different leagues at once? Russia and Euroball?
European basketball is set up similarly to how European football is arranged - you have different levels of national leagues, and the top teams earn the right to play in competitions across national borders each year. With football it is 'Champions League' and 'UEFA Cup'. This wiki page is pretty good for the history and current competitions, with links to some of the national leagues at the bottom:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_professional_club_basketball_system

Reaction Score
UConn, Washington Mystics, Turkey. Seems like Bria and Steph cannot get away from each other.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya still on her traditional extended fall vacation and rest period. Smart.

I think she will join up with her Shanxi sisters in a few weeks. In the mean time, it looks like Penny Taylor is filling Maya's shoes as the team's "Import player" and doing quite nicely, with a couple of 40+ point outings.

If she and DT are 100% next year, I would tab the Mercury as the title favorites in the "W", even over my fav team , the Lynx! But not sure how the Olympics will affect things. Maybe Penny takes the whole W season off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom