When's the announcement that JMac gets his scholarship? | The Boneyard

When's the announcement that JMac gets his scholarship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With a scholarship available now, I can't see how he doesn't get one.

UCONN owes it to him. Runs the offense last year. Solid backup this year. Plus his trick shot vids and their publicity to the school, the program and the facilities.

Double plus: He's a been a phenomenal representative of the program.

Reaction Score
Most felt Mark Hinckley should have gotten a scholarship based on his level of play too.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is he still going out with doty? if so he has to break up with her then i'm ok with it. :p

$ isn't a issue to him. if his dad is still on that stance then use it elsewhere but he has earned one for all the crap we give him considering his skills...

Reaction Score
He deserves it for the beating he took last year. Kid may not have all of the skills for this level, primarily the footwork, but he took a pounding last year, never complained, gave it his all, and became only the third QB, in our FBS era to have a 2k, yard passing season. He may not need it, but give him a ship because he has proven he deserves it.

Reaction Score
My understanding is he has or would pass on a scholly due to his family's financial situation, allowing someone who needs it to get it.

Reaction Score
my count has us at 81 right now...although im not sure about shortell, and hansson. would love if someone can tell me whats the situation with those 2. ive heard conflicting reports.
even so, we would be at 83 max, but i would say he doesnt need it, and hopefully wont use it...if he can.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My understanding is he has or would pass on a scholly due to his family's financial situation, allowing someone who needs it to get it.

Im pretty sure he has turned it down prior or let it be known he would. Isn't his father a big California agent?

Reaction Score
Shortell's last tweet was 15h ago and had nothing to do with UConn. Not much information there: https://twitter.com/TheJugg88

he has a UCONN mention on Aug 1st, but i heard he was going to oklahoma about a week ago. not sure. He's on the online roster though.

anyways, i was incorrect earlier with my count. i forgot knappe...we have 82 (without shortell/hansson) 84 with them.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think shortell will rs this year and have 2 years left to play. just a guess from me unless he turns out to be some 1 that can help asap. hes a big buy, any chance he leaves the te position for a line spot based on our needs?

pj

Reaction Score
i think shortell will rs this year and have 2 years left to play. just a guess from me unless he turns out to be some 1 that can help asap. hes a big buy, any chance he leaves the te position for a line spot based on our needs?

He could be another one of these TE/DE/LB types we're piling up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If his parents don't want the scholly (because they are the ones writing the check, then issue a press release with the story. We could use some good PR.

Reaction Score
If his parents don't want the scholly (because they are the ones writing the check, then issue a press release with the story. We could use some good PR.

Yes. Because all lawyers want their relatives and clients to know that they make so much money they can turn down a free $50k.

Reaction Score
Johnny comes from a family that has done very well, so Johnny has passed up a scholarship. It is a very classy move. Regardless of opinions on his play at QB, very few have made as much of their time in Storrs. He is a remarkable kid from a very nice family. I've met his dad and he is very likable and fun person. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnny get a scholarship for his senior year as a way to say thank you.

Reaction Score
Whatever one says of his performance, he is and has always been a class act and excellent representative for our program. If he is turning down a scholarship, as I suspect he is in lieu of people who require it more, then that is yet another positive reflection on him and the people who are drawn to UConn.

I have always said, and will continue to say, that I would rather go 5-7 every year and be proud of the young men in our program than go 12-0 and be ashamed of the dirtbags. Luckily we have always had a happy medium.

When winning trumps all, I look to the NFL.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. Because all lawyers want their relatives and clients to know that they make so much money they can turn down a free $50k.

hmmn, I was thinking more because it gives their son the opportunity to to do publically what he has taught in private but I guess I see some how some people might view it as chest thumping.

Reaction Score
I Don't care if his father is bill gates and his mother is Alice Walton offer the kid a scholarship!!

Reaction Score
I Don't care if his father is bill gates and his mother is Alice Walton offer the kid a scholarship!!
Who's to say that they haven't and he has privately turned it down? And requested that it was kept quiet?

Reaction Score
People, whether wealthy or poor, aren't in the habit of eschewing free money. That's from Rumrunner's Guide To Humanity, Volume One, Chapter One, Page One, Line One.

So far I haven't seen a need to write line two yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom