What's wrong with the managers? | The Boneyard

What's wrong with the managers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They seem to be late getting Geno's stool and clipboard out to him on timeouts. Doing great with the water bottles and towels but they better step it up before we get into conference play or we will be in trouble.

Didn't want to leave the managers out of the "what's wrong" discussions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They seem to be late getting Geno's stool and clipboard out to him on timeouts. Doing great with the water bottles and towels but they better step it up before we get into conference play or we will be in trouble.

Obviously you know nothing about managers. I managed in HS and college and have coached many managers throughout my illustrious career. I know more about managing in my little pinky than you do in....both your thumbs combined. (if they are even opposable).

I won't even lower myself to tell you what is wrong with what you wrote. Just know you did.

Harummmph!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Coaching managers?
Is that a full-time job? :)
Can I apply?
How high is the salary…low to mid 70's?

Reaction Score

I absolutely love that this is probably our biggest issue at the moment LOL

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Obviously you know nothing about managers. I managed in HS and college and have coached many managers throughout my illustrious career. I know more about managing in my little pinky than you do in....both your thumbs combined. (if they are even opposable).

I won't even lower myself to tell you what is wrong with what you wrote. Just know you did.

Harummmph!

You know she was kidding, right?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Coaching managers?
Is that a full-time job? :)
Can I apply?
How high is the salary…low to mid 70's?
I'll put a word in for you. (not sure if it will good or not though :rolleyes:)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Everybody knows that UConn has the best Managers in WCBB. No other team comes close. The team couldn't possibly function without them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Everybody knows that UConn has the best Managers in WCBB. No other team comes close. The team couldn't possibly function without them.
That's the whole problem with WCBB - no parity in the recruitment (and training, thank you Meyers) of managers! Until other teams close the manager gap any type of parity will never develop. And has anyone checked into the NCAA recruiting rules on managers - I am sure Uconn has been skating very close to the edge on that front. I distinctly remember a post on here from a few years back about how one of Uconn's biggest boosters was seen passing a note or holding a sign or buying a big mac for one of the highest rate ever managers coming out of HS just before the big managers playoff.

And while we are on the subject of team problems - what is up with the practice players?! They clearly did little pre OSU to get the team ready.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
It's even worse -- the water in the water bottles isn't doing its best. On a close up during the 8:00 time out, you could clearly see that the meniscus in many of the bottles was very, very low. If I remember my old chemistry, that's a lack of surface tension. And why is that? Obviously the water is just laying around all day -- not taking extra waves or doing evaporate-condense sprints. So it's not in the shape you need for the surface tension required of a world-class program. Someone needs to get into the pipes and show that water what it means to be UConn water.

Jim

Reaction Score
It's even worse -- the water in the water bottles isn't doing its best. On a close up during the 8:00 time out, you could clearly see that the meniscus in many of the bottles was very, very low. If I remember my old chemistry, that's a lack of surface tension. And why is that? Obviously the water is just laying around all day -- not taking extra waves or doing evaporate-condense sprints. So it's not in the shape you need for the surface tension required of a world-class program. Someone needs to get into the pipes and show that water what it means to be UConn water.
Don't blame the managers for the water. 2013 was an off recruiting year. On the brighter side, I hear the 2014 vintage water is looking pretty good.

Reaction Score
And while we are on the subject of team problems - what is up with the practice players?! They clearly did little pre OSU to get the team ready.

Not so worried about the practice players, but with is going on with the walk-ons? There is a certain standard to the high fives that’s just not being met this year. And really, with only four other players on the bench at any one time, it’s not like they’re knocking themselves out. Next year, with all those recruits – all outside shooters (so far) – it’s going to be a mess.

Plus, since Kaleena is on the bench that’s like a double bonus because 1) she’s not out there jacking up three after three after three – and 2) when Polly or Tierney does come down the line to high five Kaleena, she can’t do it with her arm in that sling unless they high five her forehead or something like that. So it’s really only like three other players.

The future doesn't bode well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom