What's wrong with Geno? | The Boneyard

What's wrong with Geno?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Guy had five days to prepare the team for Ohio State and they played like bozos...

:) (Just trying to keep the recent, well-informed banter going here on the BY.)

sTu

Reaction Score
It has been awhile but the glass half-full members here actually almost make me appreciate them compared to the fellow behind me at the Ohio State game that SCREAMED at the UConn players like he must do at his TV.

Reaction Score
Too tired from cooking for 26+ people on Thanksgiving day, then doing the dishes afterward. Maybe he should have taken them all to his restaurant instead, then they might have won by 30.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It has been awhile but the glass half-full members here actually almost make me appreciate them compared to the fellow behind me at the Ohio State game that SCREAMED at the UConn players like he must do at his TV.
I apologize, sTu.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I thought he was remarkably restrained during the game, never lost his cool, during the timeouts actually spent some time diagramming plays.

As lacking in perfection as was the game, there was never a moment that the issue seemed in doubt, just whether UConn could find its swagger. Just a few more made shots of the long range misses; a normal if not great % from Stewie, a little more offensive agression and finishing from Kia and we would not be lamenting the lack of artistic merit. A 30-40 point win was within our grasp.

A typical post-Thanksgiving sleep through; methinks it's happened before.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wow... I thought I was being funny and clever. Lesson learned. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Guy had five days to prepare the team for Ohio State and they played like bozos...

:) (Just trying to keep the recent, well-informed banter going here on the BY.)
Yes, I think there was a quote from Geno saying that their practice the other day was phenomenal and they looked better at that point then they had looked at any other time this year. Then to go out and play so disjointedly was weird indeed.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
When the loyal Boneyard faithful start asking "Whats Wrong With Geno?" the best thing to do is for GA to take a road trip, to So Cal to check out possible recruits. I think this Friday and/or Saturday might be a good time ;):rolleyes:

There could be two very good HS teams squaring off on Saturday night :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Didn't Geno say the guy practice players weren't around and so they didn't have their usual challenges in practice?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought he was remarkably restrained during the game, never lost his cool, during the timeouts actually spent some time diagramming plays.

As lacking in perfection as was the game, there was never a moment that the issue seemed in doubt, just whether UConn could find its swagger. Just a few more made shots of the long range misses; a normal if not great % from Stewie, a little more offensive agression and finishing from Kia and we would not be lamenting the lack of artistic merit. A 30-40 point win was within our grasp.

A typical post-Thanksgiving sleep through; methinks it's happened before.
its KIAH... (others are rubbing off on me)

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
To me,the question proposed is funny.A Hall of Fame coach,and a potential great team have a bad day,after a decent lay off,win by 19,and there must be something wrong somewhere.I dare say,we all have bad days at work,at home,and such.I wish my bad days were compared to what this team accomplishes on their off days.It's like only winning with five numbers in the lottery instead of six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom