What's up with the scoreboard? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's up with the scoreboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ridiculous. No scores. No stats. Continual Bush League. The F15s should have taken the scoreboard out.

They had that one FIU-UCF score. That's it. As if the entire college football universe consisted of two AAC out-of-conference games.

Reaction Score
They did that the past 2 years with the new jumbotron. Not sure why they got rid of it.

Yes, exactly, that's how they handled it in the past. The video space was a little smaller but all of the necessary info was there.

I've already emailed Rent mgmt. and the Athletic Office (Warde and Event Mgmt. Director.)

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I hope you or your wife weren't one of the folks that tripped on the top step of the section stairs! My brother and I sit in the last row aisle seats and counted about 10 different people who got tripped up by the final step.
Nope- we managed to get through the whole event unscathed. I did notice a fellow with an oxygen tank who sat in front of us was still in his seat after the stadium was nearly empty (just us band geeks who stayed for the alma mater). There 3 state troopers standing around him. I hope he was OK.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure somebody would've mentioned the co-ed who nearly flashed 26,000 men, women, and children.

That was awesome.
Was that the nice side breast shot?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nope- we managed to get through the whole event unscathed. I did notice a fellow with an oxygen tank who sat in front of us was still in his seat after the stadium was nearly empty (just us band geeks who stayed for the alma mater). There 3 state troopers standing around him. I hope he was OK.

I wonder if he was the same guy we saw laying on the ground outside of Gate A when we were leaving the stadium. Looked like heat exhaustion or something. Some paramedics were looking after him but it looked like the guy was alone. I hope he is okay.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I thought for sure somebody would've mentioned the co-ed who nearly flashed 26,000 men, women, and children. That was awesome.
I wasn't 100% sure what I saw. Fleeting glance. What got on?

Reaction Score
There were positives. A lot less advertisement and less music. I prefer a more pure simple look. Now if they could get rid of the on field fan games and all the on field presentations. I'm there to watch football not a carnival.
No spitting match here Dev, just a comment. The pure simple look you desire is that of a lower division of football. Those games are not televised and therefore no need to fill time during TV timeouts. The so called carnival you refer to is also often time used to honor various former players, veterans of war etc. I will not insult you with being young or silly but you obviously do not understand the event you are attending.
You must have been really pizzed with the flight of the eagle and -15s that took a few moments of concentration from football to start the game! :confused:

Reaction Score
I wasn't 100% sure what I saw. Fleeting glance. What got on?

There was a blond in the front row clearly not wearing a bra under her Uconn tank top. When she saw the camera zooming in on her she pulled the shirt down to show the camera the Uconn letters in front but she pulled it down a little low and the crowd noticed! There were a lot of cheers and I was one of them showing my appreciation!! She was pretty embarrassed however.... But hey it's college, have fun!

C

Chief00

The lack of replays of plays of interest ( UConn's missed extra point) continues to make the stadium a second rate facility in terms of game day experience . True, wins help but there is so much mismanaged off the field!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The lack of replays of plays of interest ( UConn's missed extra point) continues to make the stadium a second rate facility in terms of game day experience . True, wins help but there is so much mismanaged off the field!
Exactly. They are going backwards. Used to show highlights and replays.
Where is the rock star on this, standing up for his school?

Reaction Score
Why are we reinventing the wheel with the scoreboard lack of graphics, replays, scores? Is there a school we could send the bozos running the show at Pratt and Whitney field to? Where does this ineptitude come from? :confused:

Reaction Score
Was it me, or was the PA system waaayyyy too loud? When you can barely hear the person next to you (and it's not because of crowd noise) , methinks it's another fluffed up attempt to create "atmosphere".

Agree, way too loud

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There was a blond in the front row clearly not wearing a bra under her Uconn tank top. When she saw the camera zooming in on her she pulled the shirt down to show the camera the Uconn letters in front but she pulled it down a little low and the crowd noticed! There were a lot of cheers and I was one of them showing my appreciation!! She was pretty embarrassed however.... But hey it's college, have fun!
No pictures? Didn't happen.

Reaction Score
No spitting match here Dev, just a comment. The pure simple look you desire is that of a lower division of football. Those games are not televised and therefore no need to fill time during TV timeouts. The so called carnival you refer to is also often time used to honor various former players, veterans of war etc. I will not insult you with being young or silly but you obviously do not understand the event you are attending.
You must have been really pizzed with the flight of the eagle and -15s that took a few moments of concentration from football to start the game! :confused:
I may be silly but I am not young. Senile is a possibility. I don't mind the military stuff, it is more the Nickelodeon type games. I grew up in Eastern PA and attended a game almost every weekend during the season (Penn St, Lehigh, Laffayette, Kutztown) and never saw any of these type things.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else who contacted the Rent or Athletic Office gotten any response? I have not yet and will phone both tomorrow if need be. Another game with ridiculously poor in-game fan experience is something we do not need.

Reaction Score
Here's an update. I received the following reply from Kirsten Britton, Athletic Dept. Director of Event Mgmt.

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that you had such a negative experience at last Thursday’s game. We did have a technology malfunction with the game clock on the scoreboard side of the stadium and were unfortunately not able to get it operational for the game. We have been assured by the stadium staff at Rentschler that it will be fixed for this Saturday’s game.

I have also forwarded your feedback relative to the video board content to our Assistant Athletic Director of Video Services David Kaplan. I know that his staff is working on several of the items that you addressed.

Specifically, I noted that what was shown on the video board was too small to be read from the opposite end of the field and that having in-game stats pretty much only over the student sections meant a lot of fans down that end of the stadium had almost nothing in the way of in-game stats all day.

If anyone else wants to reach out to press for improved scoreboard stats and better content in general (i.e., closer to what we had last year), the person she references can be reached at David.Kaplan@uconn.edu.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
How about a definitive statement on replays? If it's the conference dictating - fine, say so, and we'll #AskAresco why the AAC continues to suck eggs.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I had to put up with my wife asking me the score and time remaining, down, etc...all because of the lack of info on the big screen. It was pretty inconvenient. Glad it's being addressed...or at least being brought up.

Reaction Score
Here's an update. I received the following reply from Kirsten Britton, Athletic Dept. Director of Event Mgmt.

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that you had such a negative experience at last Thursday’s game. We did have a technology malfunction with the game clock on the scoreboard side of the stadium and were unfortunately not able to get it operational for the game. We have been assured by the stadium staff at Rentschler that it will be fixed for this Saturday’s game.

I have also forwarded your feedback relative to the video board content to our Assistant Athletic Director of Video Services David Kaplan. I know that his staff is working on several of the items that you addressed.

Specifically, I noted that what was shown on the video board was too small to be read from the opposite end of the field and that having in-game stats pretty much only over the student sections meant a lot of fans down that end of the stadium had almost nothing in the way of in-game stats all day.

If anyone else wants to reach out to press for improved scoreboard stats and better content in general (i.e., closer to what we had last year), the person she references can be reached at David.Kaplan .

Sorry, I didn't realize his email would be blocked out. You can find it on the Ath. Dept. web site under staffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom