What's the delay on the CCG Deregulation? | The Boneyard

What's the delay on the CCG Deregulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last I heard everyone was onboard and it was expected to pass in April.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last I heard was there weren't enough votes for any specific scenario. Difficulty going from conceptual to actual.

Reaction Score
CCG Deregulation - a search suggests Conference Championship Game Deregulation for others who also may have had no $$$$&*%$$$ clue what CCG represented.

Reaction Score
According to this Dennis Dodd article from April, it's supposed to pass by the end of the year. "The legislation is now expected to move forward after being delayed somewhat by NCAA governance reform."

Note this paragraph:

"The move would directly impact the Big 12 and ACC, which developed the legislation. The Big 12, which is the only Power Five league without a championship game, is merely seeking the option of staging such a contest with 10 teams. The ACC’s ultimate intentions with a 14-team league in football, one which already holds a championship game, are not clear."

Could it be so that the ACC can add a 15th team (UConn) to get their network out of ESPN? We really have to hope that this is a possibility because there aren't many other options out there.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...nship-game-restrictions-to-be-relaxed-by-2016

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
According to this Dennis Dodd article from April, it's supposed to pass by the end of the year. "The legislation is now expected to move forward after being delayed somewhat by NCAA governance reform."

Note this paragraph:

"The move would directly impact the Big 12 and ACC, which developed the legislation. The Big 12, which is the only Power Five league without a championship game, is merely seeking the option of staging such a contest with 10 teams. The ACC’s ultimate intentions with a 14-team league in football, one which already holds a championship game, are not clear."

Could it be so that the ACC can add a 15th team (UConn) to get their network out of ESPN? We really have to hope that this is a possibility because there aren't many other options out there.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...nship-game-restrictions-to-be-relaxed-by-2016
It's most likely that the ACC supported this legislation so that the Big 12 wouldn't come poaching 2 teams in order for conference championship game. They would never admit to that publicly.

Swofford's recent comments were that that the ACC has no short term or long term plans to 1) expand 2) go to single division in football or 3) go to 3 5-team divisions in football. This of course is public face and plans can change, but I really don't think they will add us as #15 in football unless the network gets off the ground and they need us to make it work. I don't see an ACC network getting off the ground within the next 5 years. Maybe in 10 when new deal is up.

Our hopes lie with:
Big 12 going to 12
B1G expanding with us or an ACC/Big 12 school (where we backfill within the conference that was poached)
ACC getting ND all in (which will not happen assuming they get a shot at playoff in a good year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom