What is up with the table leg?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is up with the table leg??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Loved that tunnel scene also. It was funny to watch the players hitting Diaco in the stomach as he was holding them back. His energy was as high as the players. Bat crazy but the team obviously love him.

Remind me again, but did PP have his oxygen tank and tubes connected to his nose while holding the team back from his wheel chair? :rolleyes: Night and day folks, night and day.
Loved that too...great energy!

Reaction Score
I didnt forget - it wasn't relevant to point/post nor were all the other "national" people taking pokes about the score (and that it was a FCS school). 'em. It was a W and a much needed one.

I'll post the picture without the qualifier. I love it!

COCBCmoUsAAMB96.jpg:large

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
One thing is certain: people talk about UConn football even when we sahq thanks to him. I really hope there is a time when we are winning and he starts talking about golden footballs. The amount of national press that would eat that kind of stuff up would be enormous.

Reaction Score
This guy's bordering on cult leader nuts with those quotes, but it's cool. Just as long as we keep winning. :D

Reaction Score
Diaco on the new tradition:

The game of football is like a fine meal that we all eat together as brothers. And before you get eat, you have to 'set the table' right? So that's what we're doing, and that's great, except that there was no table when I got here. So you are all ready to eat but there is no table. And that table is preparation, the table is hard work, the table is the love that we feel for one and other, but there is no table so what are you going to do, not eat? No, you have to eat, so we are building that table, one leg at a time and maybe its wobbly at first, right? But that doesn't mean that you throw it away. No, you work to level the table using love, and working hard and soon you have a table on which you can eat okay? Then, you can set the table and cook the meal and whatever until you get to eat. So we're hungry, right? Kevin Ollie has hungry Huskies and so do we, so we're hungry and we want to eat, so we're building that table, with love and support, one leg at a time. Oh and there's a football because that's the game we play, that's what its all about right? And its gold because gold is the most precious medal and football is precious to us and we're precious together, so yeah that's what we're doing we're building a table of love, support, and golden footballs. What could be better than that?

Can I ask where you saw/got this? It's real, right? I only ask because it's the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

Reaction Score
I didn't know anything about the golden leg football table until right now. This guy is brilliant. Absolutely a brilliant motivator. I do hope he becomes he fantastic coach, and that we are able to keep him at UCONN for a long, long time.

It was real good to see words transition into actions last night. But that game is over and Army is up next now.

Reaction Score
Can someone post a link referencing that quote? I am assuming it is a joke. But never sure with Coach Bob.

Reaction Score
Nevermind, obviously the quote was made up. Kudos to whoever came up with it.

Reaction Score
CTMike said:
Never ONCE thought @CL82 made that up which makes it all the more spectacular...

The 2nd to last sentence gave it away. Too funny.

Reaction Score
UCONN Football: Building a table of love, support, and golden footballs since 2014

Reaction Score
Well Diaco did talk about eating:

"Now we've got this awesome moment and beautiful weekend," Diaco said. "For the rest of this weekend UConn country's going to enjoy the rest of their meals for sure. And all week at the water cooler, you can rock your gear."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The 2nd to last sentence gave it away. Too funny.
Yep, that's why I put it in there. I'm reading the thing and I'm thinking damn this sounds too much like something he'd actually say. I'd better throw in something about the golden footballs. That's one of the great things about HCBD, you pretty much say anything and it's not anymore ridiculous than the stuff he actually says.

COCBCmoUsAAMB96.jpg:large

"Yeah, golden footballs baby!"​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep, that's why I put it in there. I'm reading the thing and I'm thinking damn this sounds too much like something he'd actually say. I'd better throw in something about the golden footballs. That's one of the great things about HCBD, you pretty much say anything and it's not anymore ridiculous than the stuff he actually says.

Preview

Reaction Score
If Kevin Ollie said it then it would be inspirational. I'm all in like I was with KO

Reaction Score
I so want Diaco to succeed. He's crazy in a good way. Did you see the big screen pre-game, when they showed the team getting ready to come on the field. There was the coach with his arms out, holding them back until flash pots went off. That was hilarious. Made me like the guy even more.
At one point Diaco had his arms out, head up to the sky, eyes closed leaning back onto his players. I can only imagine what was going through his head. His passion, craziness and dedication to this team/state is what makes me hope is as successful as possible.

Reaction Score
I read that text exactly like Diaco would have said it. Not once did I think it was made up. Well done.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Okay, so now that that is over, who knows what the table leg is really for?

BTW, Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro