What is up with the table leg?? | The Boneyard

What is up with the table leg??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sit behind the UConn defense bench and right behind it was a table with what appears to be. Gold football and a wooden table leg. I saw Graham Stewart carry the leg when the team ran out... Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 186
Reaction Score
It appears they're attempting to start some kind of tradition, like FSU, Clemson, and others. No clue what the object, but it appears it has some significance or meaning to the team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it went down like " I said turkey leg, not table leg! Ah hell, let's just go with it!"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Diaco on the new tradition:

The game of football is like a fine meal that we all eat together as brothers. And before you get eat, you have to 'set the table' right? So that's what we're doing, and that's great, except that there was no table when I got here. So you are all ready to eat but there is no table. And that table is preparation, the table is hard work, the table is the love that we feel for one and other, but there is no table so what are you going to do, not eat? No, you have to eat, so we are building that table, one leg at a time and maybe its wobbly at first, right? But that doesn't mean that you throw it away. No, you work to level the table using love, and working hard and soon you have a table on which you can eat okay? Then, you can set the table and cook the meal and whatever until you get to eat. So we're hungry, right? Kevin Ollie has hungry Huskies and so do we, so we're hungry and we want to eat, so we're building that table, with love and support, one leg at a time. Oh and there's a football because that's the game we play, that's what its all about right? And its gold because gold is the most precious medal and football is precious to us and we're precious together, so yeah that's what we're doing we're building a table of love, support, and golden footballs. What could be better than that?

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I so want Diaco to succeed. He's crazy in a good way. Did you see the big screen pre-game, when they showed the team getting ready to come on the field. There was the coach with his arms out, holding them back until flash pots went off. That was hilarious. Made me like the guy even more.

Reaction Score

The game of football is like a fine meal that we all eat together as brothers. And before you get eat, you have to 'set the table' right? So that's what we're doing, and that's great, except that there was no table when I got here. So you are all ready to eat but there is no table. And that table is preparation, the table is hard work, the table is love the we feel for one and other, but there is no table so what are you going to do, not eat? No, you have to eat, so we are building that table, one leg at a time and maybe its wobbly at first, right? But that doesn't mean that you throw it away. No, you work to level the table using love, and working hard and soon you have a table on which you can eat okay? Then, you can set the table and cook the meal and whatever until you get to eat. So were hungry, right? Kevin Ollie has hungry Huskies and so do we, so we're hungry and want to eat, so we're building that table, with love and support, one leg at a time. Oh and there's a football because that's the game we play, that's what its all about right? And its gold because gold is the most precious medal and football is precious to us and we're precious together, so yeah that's what we're doing we're building a table of love, support, and golden footballs. What could be better that that?
This dude is batshyt crazy.

Reaction Score
After hearing some stories at half time during a conversation with @FfldCntyFan about what it was like before Diaco got here this kind of atmosphere was desperately needed. Stuff like this as kooky as to may sound to us...the kids on this team eat it up. That game last night wasn't pretty by any means...BUT they willed themselves to win. Things are being done the right way here again.

Reaction Score
I so want Diaco to succeed. He's crazy in a good way. Did you see the big screen pre-game, when they showed the team getting ready to come on the field. There was the coach with his arms out, holding them back until flash pots went off. That was hilarious. Made me like the guy even more.

Loved that tunnel scene also. It was funny to watch the players hitting Diaco in the stomach as he was holding them back. His energy was as high as the players. Bat crazy but the team obviously love him.

Remind me again, but did PP have his oxygen tank and tubes connected to his nose while holding the team back from his wheel chair? :rolleyes: Night and day folks, night and day.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I think if Diaco has talent he can lead a team. If he can keep progressing 2016 and beyond could be really exciting.

Drop Diaco into a top 10 program and I think people would be singing his praises and his insanity as genius.

Reaction Score
You did kind of forget to mention the previous tweet teasing Diaco with a picture of him celebrating with "When you beat Villanova by five points"

Reaction Score
You did kind of forget to mention the previous tweet teasing Diaco with a picture of him celebrating with "When you beat Villanova by five points"

I didnt forget - it wasn't relevant to point/post nor were all the other "national" people taking pokes about the score (and that it was a FCS school). 'em. It was a W and a much needed one.

Reaction Score

The game of football is like a fine meal that we all eat together as brothers. And before you get eat, you have to 'set the table' right? So that's what we're doing, and that's great, except that there was no table when I got here. So you are all ready to eat but there is no table. And that table is preparation, the table is hard work, the table is the love that we feel for one and other, but there is no table so what are you going to do, not eat? No, you have to eat, so we are building that table, one leg at a time and maybe its wobbly at first, right? But that doesn't mean that you throw it away. No, you work to level the table using love, and working hard and soon you have a table on which you can eat okay? Then, you can set the table and cook the meal and whatever until you get to eat. So we're hungry, right? Kevin Ollie has hungry Huskies and so do we, so we're hungry and we want to eat, so we're building that table, with love and support, one leg at a time. Oh and there's a football because that's the game we play, that's what its all about right? And its gold because gold is the most precious medal and football is precious to us and we're precious together, so yeah that's what we're doing we're building a table of love, support, and golden footballs. What could be better that that?

That is demented but I'm totally buying into it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"so yeah that's what we're doing we're building a table of love, support, and golden footballs..."

Didn't Vince Lombardi say the same exact thing? :)

Reaction Score
I didnt forget - it wasn't relevant to point/post nor were all the other "national" people taking pokes about the score (and that it was a FCS school). 'em. It was a W and a much needed one.
Since when is context not relevant? Those tweets are totally related and why he is "fascinating" to the author. Agree on everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom