What is UCONN's season outlook?

What is UCONN's season outlook?

• National Championship - Undefeated

Votes: 77 71.3%
  • National Championship - 1 Loss

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • National Championship - 2/3 Losses

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Final Four - No National Championship - season a complete failure (who cares how many losses)

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have we done this yet? I don't remember doing it anyway. Something to pass the time for a couple days.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We is some optimistic muthers, ain't we. :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I conscientiously object due the lack of a "We're Doomed" option. I really don't like to temp the fates on this stuff.

Now, I will throw salt at my screen, turn around three times, sing the fight song and go on with my day.

Reaction Score
Yes we did this last year, same result - nearly unanimous we were on our way to 386 straight wins. That lasted 2 games. (But I just voted "Undefeated NC" - that IS the most likely scenario)

Reaction Score
I conscientiously object due the lack of a "We're Doomed" option. I really don't like to temp the fates on this stuff.

Now, I will throw salt at my screen, turn around three times, sing the fight song and go on with my day.
It seems like respect for mojo went out the window some time in the past two or three years. I'm as guilty as anyone.

Reaction Score
Geno promised a return to the White House in 2016.

If I recall correctly, he also promised a repeat championship during a post-parade speech
at the 2000 victory cerebration. :oops:

In fairness, he had good reason to make that promise. The 2001 team figured to be outstanding.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ed4ourgirls said:
If I recall correctly, he also promised a repeat championship during a post-parade speech at the 2000 victory cerebration. :oops: In fairness, he had good reason to make that promise. The 2001 team figured to be outstanding.

Had the 2001 team stayed healthy I think they could have been in discussion as the best team ever. That team was STACKED with talent and watching them play was a joy...

Reaction Score
Only seriously possible loss would be at South Carolina.
WHAT??? look at the poll results. No way (the only dissenters were from Tenn, USC, Stanford, Duke, ND, Baylor,.... Dang I counted 15 others. Must have been multiples of the last couple schools mentioned). :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Keeping the focus on UConn, their biggest chance for a loss would be, like last year, an early road game before they really incorporate the new pieces. Once the new year hits the remaining teams will all look about the same as they get crushed. Assuming and hoping everyone remains healthy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Come on folks we're almost there. 95 votes. 5 more and we have a valid poll.

Looks like we have a few (4) Debbie Downers. :oops:

Reaction Score
Nothing is going to slow this train down! Though as ed4ourgirls reminds us, we need to pray for a healthy season.

Reaction Score
Have we done this yet? I don't remember doing it anyway. Something to pass the time for a couple days.

Geno is afflicted with the "KEN JENNING's" syndrome. People watched at first to see him win. Then to see him lose. Then they stopped watching because he was going to win anyway. Seems like the scenario that is now haunting Geno.
Real fans of Jeopardy (the show) still watched--real UConn WBB fan fill seats.

Reaction Score
Keeping the focus on UConn, their biggest chance for a loss would be, like last year, an early road game before they really incorporate the new pieces. Once the new year hits the remaining teams will all look about the same as they get crushed. Assuming and hoping everyone remains healthy.
Just proves the (undesirable) point that a (early) loss is not always bad.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno is afflicted with the "KEN JENNING's" syndrome. People watched at first to see him win. Then to see him lose. Then they stopped watching because he was going to win anyway. Seems like the scenario that is now haunting Geno.
Real fans of Jeopardy (the show) still watched--real UConn WBB fan fill seats.
Hope he doesn't lose it on an easy question like Ken did.

Speaking of Jeopardy have you seen the new guy on there? Matt Jackson? Tearing it up. Over $230K so far. Kinda weird guy though.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Just proves the (undesirable) point that a (early) loss is not always bad.
I think last year's loss was one of the most beneficial losses in UCONN history. An NC at 38-1 works for me.

Reaction Score
I think last year's loss was one of the most beneficial losses in UCONN history. An NC at 38-1 works for me.
True, but I hope this year's team can still use the motivation of last year's loss to keep them focused in practice. I would much rather the team go undefeated this year.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
True, but I hope this year's team can still use the motivation of last year's loss to keep them focused in practice. I would much rather the team go undefeated this year.
Me too. I want a glorious send-off for the class of '12, however incarnated. Also, a 70+ winning streak carrying over into '16-17 would be great for the game.

Reaction Score
Come on folks we're almost there. 95 votes. 5 more and we have a valid poll.

Looks like we have a few (4) Debbie Downers. :oops:

Lol, what a great way to out the visitors/trollers/anti and non-UConn folks on the board.
Who in their right mind would be a UConn fan and select the downer options before the season even begins.
Now I'm just guessing here............... :eek:
grumpy_cat_disapproves_of_happy_puppies_by_dhulteen-d5npusw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member