What is the best individual, single-game performance in UConn history? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

What is the best individual, single-game performance in UConn history?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
UConn was favored by 1.5. In fact, it was one of the more famous bad beats because Chris Duhon made that half court shot at the buzzer which meant anyone that chose UConn -1.5 lost.
Here’s a story on that from the LV Review Journal:

Reaction Score
Here’s a story on that from the LV Review Journal:

The book was closed at -1.5 once the game was underway, but up to that point the spread went back and forth before game time. Duke was favored by a couple pts earlier on.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The book was closed at -1.5 once the game was underway, but up to that point the spread went back and forth before game time. Duke was favored by a couple pts earlier on.
No they weren’t. And either way, your original point was that Duke was “heavily favored.” Which is just wrong.

Here’s Rovell writing at that time. Nothing on the line moving — nothing on UConn going from underdogs to favorites, which would have been in the lede if that had been the case:

It’s fine to be wrong on the internet. Just take the L and move on.

Last edited:

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Caron Butler carrying the team on his back and nearly beating Maryland all by himself in the '02 regional finals.

Reaction Score
Actually, I'm more concerned about who's coming in as recruits, who's staying from the 2023-2024 roster, and who may be coming in the portal...rather than the best UConn men's game in history.

Reaction Score
Nobody has won 3 since UCLA in the 60's & 70's.

Is there a chance in this "one and done" world? I would have thought that would have been a consideration. GUESS NOT.

Reaction Score
That game against Maryland was in the Elite Eight before the Final Four. The only Final Four loss UConn had was in 2009 against Michigan State. If UConn doesn't go 21-33 at the FT line they probably win that game.
And beat NC’s ass in the championship game. Thabeet would have handled Tyler and our 1-4 was just good as theirs

Reaction Score
I was there too, surrounded by UCLA fans, all of them asking 'who the hell is #34'?
Ray averaged 21 points per game in 1994-1995 and was a Third Team All American. If UCLA fans didn't know who he was then I would have questioned how much they paid attention to college basketball outside of their own team. Lol

Reaction Score
The first UConn game I ever watched was Kemba dropping 40, but that was a freebie game so it can't count here. Because that was my first, I can't speak to games before that which means I'm probably missing most of the best games

For some reason I always think of Brimah's 40 points against Coppin St lol, but also a freebie game

Bouknight 40 against Creighton was crazy to watch, but that ended in an L

Clingan vs Illinois' box score isn't GOAT-level, but that was one of the best individual performances I've seen. He owned everything, everywhere, all game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom