What Dog Mania Wrote... | The Boneyard

What Dog Mania Wrote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, this is not a codex to DM's entries. Dog Mania wrote about yesterday's game that UConn was back. Some
less than thoughtful fans were perplexed. Dog Mania's point was that last night's victory affirmed that UConn
is still a basketball power. The turd in the dining room is conference realignment. Apparently, many observers
have written off UConn finding a chair in the Big 5 conference two step.

Even a prescient observer, Fishy, who combines a legendary sunny disposition and the patience of a Sufi saint
finds it daunting to try and decipher what UConn needs to do to be chosen. While major success on the basketball court is necessary; it isn't sufficient. Coach Ollie inherited a number of problems not of his own making. Our coach has shown already that he is capable of meeting challenges on and off the court.

So let me say that Dog Mania reminds me that I should be a better poster; that the Boneyard should be a better forum; that despite sufficient provocation wishing the seven plagues of Egypt on the Cuse forum, probably isn't as emotionally satisfying as I hope it will be. On the other hand it is totally Panglossian not to kvetch about
being thoroughly reamed by the current non system.

So I am investing in several Tibetan prayer flags, who knows; 500 yarders flying prayer flags may be a hidden requirement for UConn being chosen.

Reaction Score
MSG turnout certainly looked attractive last night. That's if any big league wants the NYC market.

Reaction Score
Top players are going to want to come here to play for Ollie and be successful. This is going to be another great run.

Reaction Score
No, this is not a codex . . .Even a prescient observer . . . patience of a Sufi saint . . . provocation wishing the seven plagues of Egypt on the Cuse forum . . . totally Panglossian not to kvetch . . . several Tibetan prayer flags,
How's the English Literature degree working out in the job hunt?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I am thankfully well beyond retirement age; my latest avocation is navel gazing.
Nice, very nice. It's difficult to argue in a civil manner with the hamsters in collective heads of these "bandwagoner's," and yet you do it with such concise elegant prose. (Us scientist types equate conciseness with elegance.) Please post more often, and don't forget to bring the beer. :D
Note to Strummer - It is likely that Zy was posting in the forerunners to this forum before you were aware the UConn had a basketball program. There's a line in a John Wayne film that goes, if you won't respect your elders learn to respect your betters.

Reaction Score
English majors do just fine in the job hunt :). It's a myth that they struggle.

Other humanities, though...like, say PoliSci or Philosophy...ugh...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
English majors do just fine in the job hunt :). It's a myth that they struggle.

Other humanities, though...like, say PoliSci or Philosophy...ugh...

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm a poli sci major. I'll be a lifelong low-level miserable desk jockey, but I'll be employed.

Reaction Score
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm a poli sci major. I'll be a lifelong low-level miserable desk jockey, but I'll be employed.
Can we both just agree to make fun of sociology and women's studies majors then?

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score

I have been infrequently posting but lurking around this site's various incarnations since the mid-80s. I can understand how Zymurg can be mistaken for a youngster showing off his vocabulary, instead of the guru-like figure that he actually is. Appreciate this mini-resurgence, people, because this is a legend stepping out of the mists. His wisdom should be lapped up like a barnyard kitten getting a squirt from the farmer's cow. When he posts, picture him sitting at the peak of a mountain, naked except for the vintage UConn pennant over his privates, loin-cloth style.

Reaction Score
UConn is not BACK.

We never left. We were banned from the tourney in an unfair move by the NCAA. Nothing new about the NCAA harassing us. Nothing new about us owning the Garden. Nothing new about us having deep runs and elite eights.

Last year we were 20 and 10.
Year before that we made the tourney and had two lottery picks.
Year before that - National Title

We never left.

Reaction Score
No, this is not a codex to DM's entries. Dog Mania wrote about yesterday's game that UConn was back. Some
less than thoughtful fans were perplexed. Dog Mania's point was that last night's victory affirmed that UConn
is still a basketball power. The turd in the dining room is conference realignment. Apparently, many observers
have written off UConn finding a chair in the Big 5 conference two step.

Even a prescient observer, Fishy, who combines a legendary sunny disposition and the patience of a Sufi saint
finds it daunting to try and decipher what UConn needs to do to be chosen. While major success on the basketball court is necessary; it isn't sufficient. Coach Ollie inherited a number of problems not of his own making. Our coach has shown already that he is capable of meeting challenges on and off the court.

So let me say that Dog Mania reminds me that I should be a better poster; that the Boneyard should be a better forum; that despite sufficient provocation wishing the seven plagues of Egypt on the Cuse forum, probably isn't as emotionally satisfying as I hope it will be. On the other hand it is totally Panglossian not to kvetch about
being thoroughly reamed by the current non system.

So I am investing in several Tibetan prayer flags, who knows; 500 yarders flying prayer flags may be a hidden requirement for UConn being chosen.
Yeah, like what he said! Thanks for having my back. And that was so beautifully written it brought tears to my eyes.

Reaction Score
UConn is not BACK.

We never left. We were banned from the tourney in an unfair move by the NCAA. Nothing new about the NCAA harassing us. Nothing new about us owning the Garden. Nothing new about us having deep runs and elite eights.

Last year we were 20 and 10.
Year before that we made the tourney and had two lottery picks.
Year before that - National Title

We never left.
Yeah, we get it. All true UConn fans agree with your point, but that wasn't my point in that other thread.

Reaction Score
Nice, very nice. It's difficult to argue in a civil manner with the hamsters in collective heads of these "bandwagoner's," and yet you do it with such concise elegant prose. (Us scientist types equate conciseness with elegance.) Please post more often, and don't forget to bring the beer. :D
Note to Strummer - It is likely that Zy was posting in the forerunners to this forum before you were aware the UConn had a basketball program. There's a line in a John Wayne film that goes, if you won't respect your elders learn to respect your betters.
Zy is the E. F. Hutton of the Boneyard. I wonder if the new guard even knows what that means. Not only is his prose spectacular, he's got an excellent basketball mind and is always a great read.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, we get it. All true UConn fans agree with your point, but that wasn't my point in that other thread.

This is not being snarky or sarcastic, but that was what it seemed like in the other thread.

Two big negatives for UCONN: We are in a sh!tty conference, and the future of the program requires getting into a P5. We all know that. What UCONN has done this year in basketball might not help, but it certainly can't hurt.

We were getting dumped on nationally over the past year or two. Without question, both KO's and this team's effort the past year+ has gone a long way towards quelling that sentiment. Kudos to them.

I'm in the camp who don't think we ever left (see recruiting), but it is validating to actually show it on the big stage.

Reaction Score
1. I was in classes with Uncle Cliffy several years before Gore invented the internet, so no, unless by "forerunner" you mean some old dudes sending postcards to each other.
2. There's another line in a John Wayne film that goes like this: "blow it out your ass, Pilgrim."

Reaction Score
I believe Tyler O is a sociology major....take that as you will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member