What Does UConn Do Now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Does UConn Do Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NO ONE says Let's grow the AAC into a conference we can be proud of. It would easier if people were fighting to get in your conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Go with white. UConn's blue doesn't pop out on television.

But since the other team is blue and white....does it matter?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
NO ONE says Let's grow the AAC into a conference we can be proud of. It would easier if people were fighting to get in your conference.

That's because I wouldn't be proud of it until the kicked out every school but UConn and maybe Cinci.

Reaction Score
Football, football, football. AD and University has to do everything it can to get the program winning and selling out. Agree with playing B1G schools as much as possible. Basketball will take care of itself - just dont short change KO on the contract.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Get creative, to interest fans at the Rent.

image-3772881210.jpg

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I agree with everything here and what other posters said. I am a season ticket holder and hope to be forever. Many here say it is all about the eyeballs - which is why the B1G took Rutgers so it should be more important to get very good TV ratings even more than selling out every game ? I do not know our TV ratings are but I know a lot of people who rarely go to games but do watch on TV. I also think these conferences cannot believe that this tiny state can be this good - is it a size thing ? :p

its both really. Its being in games that are on the primetime networks and getting great ratings in Fairfield/New Haven and Hartford and its having the stadium full of obvious UConn fans going nuts for the team. Its not just about having people watch, its also about perceived level of support for the program as well as how it all looks on TV. Can't have 15,000 people there but have everyone watch from home- know what I mean?

As for the size thing I totally agree with you. And there has been some real quality talent to come from CT high schools. This is where marketing from UConn and from the CT High School Coaches Association would come into play. Would love to see an ad or something from UConn honoring its big time CT players that have made an impact on UConn football, with the end being something like "were building this together".

We should also be trying to sell season ticket packages in the most unique ways possible at various in person locations, starting Saturday at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Who would that be?

I honestly don't know, googling now. Nope can't find it.

But I did find the general idea. You need to keep more instate talent to UCONN. Selling them on the idea that you might change conferences is not going to work.

Reaction Score

But I did find the general idea. You need to keep more instate talent to UCONN. Selling them on the idea that you might change conferences is not going to work.
We've been working on fencing the state for quite a while. We get around at least 50% of the top 10 football players each year.

Reaction Score
Diaco will turn things around but you guys are expecting a miracle worker. What was Calhoun's record as a first year coach at UConn?

Reaction Score
Diaco will turn things around but you guys are expecting a miracle worker. What was Calhoun's record as a first year coach at UConn?
Miracle workers exist and, you're right, I want one.

Reaction Score
To answer, what does UConn do now?

::: Wait 2 years ::: if nothing happens or if nothing is about to happen ::: SUE.

Reaction Score
To answer, what does UConn do now?

::: Wait 2 years ::: if nothing happens or if nothing is about to happen ::: SUE.
haha!... this does add some needed levity to the thread topic, imo

Reaction Score
haha!... this does add some needed levity to the thread topic, imo

Not levity at all. Have you read the P5 document? UConn and similar schools are going to show up, lay out their budget, their success across multiple sports, and they are going to show that the P5 attempt to take everything for themselves is not on strong legal footing. Uconn is one of the few schools that has invested enough and has won enough to be included with the P5. They are not going to be frozen out.

Reaction Score
UCONN has to strike soon, and they have to form a coalition with like minded schools. The only problem is that there are few like minded schools left.

But if the P5 does try to basically form their own league or make it ridiculously hard for Group of 5 schools to compete, then a lawsuit is justified imo.

Reaction Score

Is this free advice from ND? Let's see - last title 26 years ago? Anything else of note since? One women's BB title in 2001? Smoke and mirrors and a phony reputation can only get you so far.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b6Y63dc7qIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Upgrade the Rent to 50K immediately. 10+ yrs ...time to show we meam business and can accomodate lotsa beefy midwesterners.

Reaction Score
No one denies that UConn is a great basketball school....

But, it may take more then being a great basketball school....

If UConn can put together a football team that can dominate the AAC, beat their bowl opponents most years, and build a national brand and following (similar to basketball), they would be an automatic.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Upgrade the Rent to 50K immediately. 10+ yrs ...time to show we meam business and can accomodate lotsa beefy midwesterners.

DING DING DING! It could be viewed as risky to expand the Rent now but you could add a 3rd deck on UCONN's sideline to get the capacity to 55K very quickly and, I'm guessing, cheaply (compared to the $2B just approved). I understand the whole "fill the seats you have now" argument but our 40K stadium is a huge deterrent. If we're going to the B1G at any point, we would need to expand the stadium anyway.

Man, I wish I would win Powerball already. That stadium would be 65K with covered seats, open air, and 2 huge HD video boards on each side. That or I'll just build a new 65K stadium on campus.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No one denies that UConn is a great basketball school....

But, it may take more then being a great basketball school....

If UConn can put together a football team that can dominate the AAC, beat their bowl opponents most years, and build a national brand and following (similar to basketball), they would be an automatic.

Yeah, just like how Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Louisville dominated the Big East and won their way into the B1G/ACC!

Also, yeah no big deal just get to a top 5 national brand in football similar to basketball and were good. No big deal.

Reaction Score
Ok...then just lose the label..."basketball school"...Only Cuse seems to also carry that label....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom