What do we know about Nebraska? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What do we know about Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
BROAD: hey, my friend.....wasn't it Jimmy that cracked the corn? At least it was back in the Appalachians. Happy Thanksgiving whoever cracks it.
Maybe. But actally, I don.t care.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Nebraska....big, blue skies; flat, flat land; see from one end to the other on a clear day; wonderful people, great food; they love basketball;they throw a hell of a regional. Geno loves them. Ergo, tomorrow's game. Don't under estimate them. UCWBB will more than likely win, but Nebraska will not be a cupcake.

Reaction Score
BROAD: hey, my friend.....wasn't it Jimmy that cracked the corn? At least it was back in the Appalachians. Happy Thanksgiving whoever cracks it.
Absolutely, without a doubt -----it was Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. Even in the Connecticut hills--I say that now from the Appalachian hills nearby,
Happy Turkey day. I'm waiting for my Yellow Turnips, potatoes, sweet potato and stuffin to cook
Chicken we bought--easier than Turkey. Thanks for tweeking this old disabled mind.

Also, when I lived in Yukon, Okla--it was the CORN that was as high as an Elephants Eye--when the wind wasn't blowing.

Reaction Score
Nebraska....big, blue skies; flat, flat land; see from one end to the other on a clear day; wonderful people, great food; they love basketball;they throw a hell of a regional. Geno loves them. Ergo, tomorrow's game. Don't under estimate them. UCWBB will more than likely win, but Nebraska will not be a cupcake.

Except for Exhibition games, designed to give small colleges some needed money and experience, Uconn/Geno tries very hard NOT to schedule cupcakes. Geno's visit to Nebraska to play the regional game, impressed him with all you say and a team that ISN"t a cupcake. Geno had great words about Nebraska before he left there.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Absolutely, without a doubt -----it was Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. Even in the Connecticut hills--I say that now from the Appalachian hills nearby,
Happy Turkey day. I'm waiting for my Yellow Turnips, potatoes, sweet potato and stuffin to cook
Chicken we bought--easier than Turkey. Thanks for tweeking this old disabled mind.

Also, when I lived in Yukon, Okla--it was the CORN that was as high as an Elephants Eye--when the wind wasn't blowing.

Actually, I thought it was Jimmy Crack Corn (it is) and was going to make that major correction, but I did the modern thing, and Googled Johnny Crack Corn, and there is was, in its alternative universe.

BTW, one of my sons lived in Blacksburg for several years (Phd and then post-Doc at VTech). The whole area is beautiful, and if you know of it, we once did the Floyd Jamboree where I managed to drop my Yankee snobbery and had a blast for a few hours.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I tacked a game preview to the top of the board. Here's a shortcut - Game preview

I wrote this quickly as I need to get the bird in the oven so Grammar Police, please take a vacation day.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Omaha Community Playhouse is one of the best in the country. The cranes hang out around the Platte by the thousands - an amazing March sight. Further west you cand see grouse and prairie chickens do their way cool displays.

Connie's been slowly building a program.. Moving it out of the shadows of football and women's volleyball.

Reaction Score
Actually, I thought it was Jimmy Crack Corn (it is) and was going to make that major correction, but I did the modern thing, and Googled Johnny Crack Corn, and there is was, in its alternative universe.

BTW, one of my sons lived in Blacksburg for several years (Phd and then post-Doc at VTech). The whole area is beautiful, and if you know of it, we once did the Floyd Jamboree where I managed to drop my Yankee snobbery and had a blast for a few hours.
We Yankees drop our snobbery when you have some of these "southern" kids as students--they are very sharp, keeps one on their toes. Blacksburg, VT area (also Harm's airplane was kept there in JAG), is about 150 miles or more south of me.
Thanks for being kind--when I rely on memory I generally get the important (who says?) facts straight and miss the details. thanks again. Next trip to Blacksburg--go to the World War D Day National monument at New Bedford, VA. They lost 19 sons on D Day, they never forget . about exit 145 just above Roanoke, Va on I 81.
Enjoy your Turkey--the Bird not the country.

Reaction Score
While I'm here safe in the bush Jim will see what happens when you poke a lion with a stick....
Bob Steele told us all about Albert---and cane with the Horses Head Handle--that he poked the LION with, him in his sunday suit too.

Reaction Score
Nebraska is about to get a reality check Saturday! UCONN by 35+!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's a great place to fall asleep behind the wheel when you are traveling back cross country with your best man in a Pontiac TransAm after a week long batchelor party.

Reaction Score
UConn football is 6-5, Nebraska is 5-6.

Thanks for correction. I should have checked. Still, we probably would lose to them.

Probably? :rolleyes: I wish coach Diaco great success. But the day our football team is competitive with the nationally ranked teams Nebraska plays like Michigan State (#4), Northwestern (#16), Wisconsin, Southern Miss, and and Iowa (#4) is the day that every P5 conference in the nation will eagerly solicit the University of Connecticut to join them.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Probably? :rolleyes: I wish coach Diaco great success. But the day our football team is competitive with the nationally ranked teams Nebraska plays like Michigan State (#4), Northwestern (#16), Wisconsin, Southern Miss, and and Iowa (#4) is the day that every P5 conference in the nation will eagerly solicit the University of Connecticut to join them.
The Wrap: UConn 20, No. 13 Houston 17, Hartford Courant, Nov. 21, 2015
UConn Falls Short In Upset Bid At [#22] Missouri [in 9-6 loss], Courant, Sept 19, 2015

This is Bob Diaco's second season. After UConn went 5-7, 5-7, and 3-9 under Paul Pasqualoni, the Huskies were 2-9 in Diaco's first season. This year UConn is 6-5 and bowl eligible for the first time since 2010. Hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Is this game on TV today? Would love to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom