What do we know about Nebraska? | The Boneyard

What do we know about Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here are a few things.

They've played four cupcakes and won all four by an average margin of 47 points.

They have a very good freshman, Jessica Shepard, a 6'4" C/F who is averaging
23.3 pts and 9.8 boards against the aforementioned cupcakes. It will be interesting
to see how Geno plans to deal with her.

I know comparative scores are unreliable, but after losing to us K State beat Southern
by 12 points. Previously Nebraska had beaten Southern by 51 points.

We should expect more competitive game from the Cornhuskers.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And it's not in Kansas anymore, and they like to husk corn for some reason.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
We know they will lose Monday night. What we don't know is by how much.

Reaction Score
They deserve respect for wanting to play us.
Intelligence in a sea of wonderment?? Those of any quality who choose to play Uconn Women are few and far between.
Geno does not schedule cupcakes--that's what they become while playing UConn. Kudo's to Kansas and Nebraska for choosing to play the top dog.

Reaction Score
-Shepard looks like a very good freshman, strong and tough inside but with little shooting range. In the game I saw, she overpowered her opponent, but conditioning and fitness was an issue. I think she's going to have a difficult time with UConn's uptempo game, as well as Stewie/Morgan in the half court.
-Rachel Therriot makes that team go, she's the leader. She's long, skinny, and a solid player. With her last year the Bug Eaters went 17-4. Without her, after an ankle injury requiring surgery, the team finished going 4-7.
-Romeo is a definite three-point threat. In a game against Illinois last year, she made 7 threes. She must be respected and defended on the perimeter.
-They play three guards, along with Shepard and Blackburn (6'3"), so they aren't particularly big...they pass and share the ball well. One weakness to be exploited is a definite lack of overall team speed and quickness.

Massey power rating: UConn 86.83
Nebraska 55.78

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to be condescending- it was meant to be funny!
My post was intended to be funny- not condescending. Great program and great fans! Got a chance to spend time inNashville with Jordan Hooper- class all the way!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
If I recall, they have great fan attendance at their women's basketball games !
They sold out when we played there- and almost 100% of fan base showed up for regional final after A & M had beaten them on their home court.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I expect them to be good. I think they are top 30 - 35 right?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
-Shepard looks like a very good freshman, strong and tough inside but with little shooting range. In the game I saw, she overpowered her opponent, but conditioning and fitness was an issue. I think she's going to have a difficult time with UConn's uptempo game, as well as Stewie/Morgan in the half court.
-Rachel Therriot makes that team go, she's the leader. She's long, skinny, and a solid player. With her last year the Bug Eaters went 17-4. Without her, after an ankle injury requiring surgery, the team finished going 4-7.
-Romeo is a definite three-point threat. In a game against Illinois last year, she made 7 threes. She must be respected and defended on the perimeter.
-They play three guards, along with Shepard and Blackburn (6'3"), so they aren't particularly big...they pass and share the ball well. One weakness to be exploited is a definite lack of overall team speed and quickness.

Massey power rating: UConn 86.83
Nebraska 55.78
Bug Eaters?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They have short elephants and tall corn.

Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to be condescending- it was meant to be funny!

My post was intended to be funny- not condescending. Great program and great fans! Got a chance to spend time inNashville with Jordan Hooper- class all the way!
Of course. My comment was just general.

Reaction Score
I saw her a HS tournament last year and have exactly the same impression. I believe she was hurt for a long time in the interim and wouldn't have had much time to work on conditioning. She will be good, though.

Reaction Score
Johnny crack corn and I don't care!!! Antie Em~~!! So says the great and wonderful OZ~~

BROAD: hey, my friend.....wasn't it Jimmy that cracked the corn? At least it was back in the Appalachians. Happy Thanksgiving whoever cracks it.

Reaction Score
Haven't seem them play. Hard to know what to make of their scores...winning by 47 but against awful competition.
Sagarin SOS 349
Massey SOS 344

that's out of 349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members