What do they talk about in the Time Outs.... | The Boneyard

What do they talk about in the Time Outs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
those last two possessions were terrible. Christ i can draw up better plays.

Reaction Score
No coaching. Ollie was invisible tonight. Holy shi. Was he terrible tonight.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The same thing they talked about when they had the out of bounds play and Purvis almost airballed an uncontested layup?

This team has been poor in executing OOB plays, but even when things break their way, they don't capitalize.

Reaction Score
Pastner used his time outs very well. I hate to say but he out coached KO tonight.
How did we lose on our home court. Very disappointing.

Reaction Score
Second to last was really bizarre. Go right to the rim, worst case you get last possession with plenty of time. Run the clock like you have a two possession lead? You allow them to only have to play tough defense for ten seconds, converge on Boat and you end up with someone like Purvis decide the game for you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mcs333 said:
Pastner used his time outs very well. I hate to say but he out coached KO tonight. How did we lose on our home court. Very disappointing.

Agreed pastner shockingly coached a great game, missing best player, foul trouble and injuries.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
the kids didnt execute and memphis played great d, simple as that

Reaction Score
Many of the last possessions were pitiful, some of them were Boats fault no denying that. When he begins the 10 dribbles behind hi back in the same place with 5 seconds left I think they know he's going to shoot it.

What got me was coming out of the timeout in a 2 for 1 opportunity and standing out there dribbling - be aggressive hate that crap. Run offense, go hard to the basket get a foul or at least have plenty of time down the other end. Frustrating

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
OLLIE: Okay, listen up...

MILLER: We have to score her

PURV:
My guy ain't guarding me

BOAT: I got this

PHIL: What's the play?

DHAM: sheepishly thinks - {I'm taking a three}

AMIDAH: I'm just happy to be here!!

OLLIE: I miss my wife.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Many of the last possessions were pitiful, some of them were Boats fault no denying that. When he begins the 10 dribbles behind hi back in the same place with 5 seconds left I think they know he's going to shoot it.

What got me was coming out of the timeout in a 2 for 1 opportunity and standing out there dribbling - be aggressive hate that crap. Run offense, go hard to the basket get a foul or at least have plenty of time down the other end. Frustrating

Bingo Bingo Bingo.

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY THE HELL COACHES DON'T ALWAYS USE THE 2-FOR-1. IN THE NAME OF CHRIST, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME? ESPECIALLY A COACH WHO SPENT 13 YEARS IN THE NBA!!!!! HEY BOAT, SPEND 10-15 SECONDS WIPING YOUR DAMN SNEAKERS, THEN LETS SEE WHATS OUT THERE 25 FEET FROM THE BASKET!!!

OK, no more screaming. This game means nothing in the big picture, gotta win the conference next weekend.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah not going for the 2-for-1 was pretty dumb. Whether it be on Boat or Ollie - you need to take advantage of that situation.

Reaction Score
It kills me when they look like they have such freedom to make bad decisions on the court after this type of year. I figure by now they would know Samuels no 3s, purvis when they ain't falling drive, or they expect boat to take last shot give it to hamilton. And the letting time run down on second to last time out I was screaming at tv.

Reaction Score
The Viking said:
Bingo Bingo Bingo. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY THE HELL COACHES DON'T ALWAYS USE THE 2-FOR-1. IN THE NAME OF CHRIST, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME? ESPECIALLY A COACH WHO SPENT 13 YEARS IN THE NBA!!!!! HEY BOAT, SPEND 10-15 SECONDS WIPING YOUR DAMN SNEAKERS, THEN LETS SEE WHATS OUT THERE 25 FEET FROM THE BASKET!!! OK, no more screaming. This game means nothing in the big picture, gotta win the conference next weekend.

That's not on Boat - that was what was designed. DHam circled around from under the basket to set a screen for Boat at a designed time on the shot clock to start whatever it was we tried to run (whether Purvis was option 1 or option 3, only the team knows - I have a feeling option 1 may have been Hamilton flaring out to the left wing after setting the screen to get a kickout from Purvis, but it wasn't there).

Either way, The timing of it is entirely on the bench.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
KO was a killer play designer all of last year, even when we didn't execute. It was a breath of fresh air from the lack of play calling from JC towards the end of his career.

But when I say that KO has been MIA this year, this game is what I mean. Never mind the lack of play call, How on earth are you not going 2 for 1 right there?! ...that is unacceptable on our coaching staff's part

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
our best inbound play is a 50 foot pass into the back-court

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
our best inbound play is a 50 foot pass into the back-court
This is another baffling example of lack of coaching and play calling. We actually had drawn up plays that we could potentially score off of last season...where did those go?

Why is our only read to throw it deep and high to a big man, often times it isn't even a safe outlet either

Reaction Score
This is another baffling example of lack of coaching and play calling. We actually had drawn up plays that we could potentially score off of last season...where did those go?

Why is our only read to throw it deep and high to a big man, often times it isn't even a safe outlet either

I have an opinion. We talk about smarts, strength and just the overall skill of the game. Last year we had guys like Bazz, Giffey, DD and Lasan who were all very good overall players. They listened to the coaches, more than likely remembered and executed the plays as well as the in bounds, doing things on time as well as being crisp while doing so. Now we do have youth, buys with little knowledge and many skinny, less than physically imposing people. For instance on in bounds plays, timing is critical for execution as well as picks. We have REALLY crappy pickers out there, Brimah and Facey are stick figures so guys get through and between them very simply, makes the play call go away right? Giffey, Olander even, Kromah, tough smart players always found a way and DD long and an easy pass in on a lob.

We don't have the same player nor the same aptitude to pull a lot off. The brains of this years team is at least half the battle I'm afraid form point A - Z.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
I have an opinion. We talk about smarts, strength and just the overall skill of the game. Last year we had guys like Bazz, Giffey, DD and Lasan who were all very good overall players. They listened to the coaches, more than likely remembered and executed the plays as well as the in bounds, doing things on time as well as being crisp while doing so. Now we do have youth, buys with little knowledge and many skinny, less than physically imposing people. For instance on in bounds plays, timing is critical for execution as well as picks. We have REALLY crappy pickers out there, Brimah and Facey are stick figures so guys get through and between them very simply, makes the play call go away right? Giffey, Olander even, Kromah, tough smart players always found a way and DD long and an easy pass in on a lob.

We don't have the same player nor the same aptitude to pull a lot off. The brains of this years team is at least half the battle I'm afraid form point A - Z.
Did we think we had the greatest group of players heading into our last two NC seasons?...hell no

We had great coaching and great execution in those years. Part of coaching is doing the best with what you've got and in this case it's not much. This year execution sucks and the preparation and in game management (or lack there of) is baffling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom