What changed in the SMU game? | The Boneyard

What changed in the SMU game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously we were hitting our shots, a lot greater intensity, looks like we were playing better defense which turned it to fast breaks and easy transition points. My question is was it as simple as guys making shots and that's really just been the problem all season to go from a lethargic team to one that played how they did yesterday?

i guess another big component was foul shooting, part of last years great success was the ability to close out games late by making foul shots. The team this year lost a lot of great foul shooters and has struggled from the line.

I'm hoping the team plays with the same intensity against Memphis on Thursday.

Reaction Score
Glen Miller said it best on the post game. Team ran slower tempo offense and scored 81 points. They executed the game plan by being more methodical on offense.

Reaction Score
What happened was a strategy to sag in the lane. We cut off the lane in the first half and it caused problems for them---we just were not scoring well either the first 10-13 minutes. Slowly we started to change it up a tad--remember we went to a full zone and got smoked once and a few times tried to go for a pure double and was burned as well. In the 2nd half our "potential" talent from our perimeter players just came out. We have more talent and it showed.

Reaction Score
Brimah stayed on the court. In the last game against SMU, despite it being a blowout, we actually outscored them during every individual stretch for which Brimah was on the court, and we were outscored (by a lot) when he wasn't.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Brimah stayed on the court. In the last game against SMU, despite it being a blowout, we actually outscored them during every individual stretch for which Brimah was on the court, and we were outscored (by a lot) when he wasn't.

I dont think Brimah had a particularly effective game yesterday. I though Phil was a better defender than AB yesterday. So that cant really account for yesterday, but overall, yeah we are better with AB on the floor as much as possible.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn received contributions from Purvis and P Nolan - something that was missing last time
The fact the AB stayed on the floor helped, though he didnt have his best game.
If UConn has more weapons than just Boat and DHam, this can be a very tough team.
My biggest wish is that Omar comes out and hits some shots
March belongs to UConn so let's hope the streak continues!!!!

Reaction Score
Obviously free throws/ shooting and fewer turnovers than usual

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The calendar.

historically, that's our MO

if it happens again this year, my faith will be fully restored and my skin will grow thick again

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Glen Miller said it best on the post game. Team ran slower tempo offense and scored 81 points. They executed the game plan by being more methodical on offense.

I was actually saying that to my fiance when we were at the game. I noticed they were very patient and careful/crisp with the ball to prevent turnovers. This resulted in a more efficient offense and dramatically reduced the fast break opportunities for SMU (when we played them in Dallas they killed us on points off turnovers!). That combined with more intensity on both ends of the floor and much better foul shooting... it is hard to beat this Huskies team when they do that.

Reaction Score
i saw a lot more dribble drive which helped free up other players for kick outs and made shots.

Reaction Score
So i guess we are slowing the pace down, it was quite obvious when boatright would dribble off 15 seconds off the clock. still scored 49 in the second half! I think brimah had some key plays, mainly the rim protection on what seemed to be an open slam by moreaira (sp), Nolan couldn't do that. also the three best perimeter players (boat purv ham) went 9/18 from trey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom