Western Michigan 2013 (1-11), 2014 (8-5)... | The Boneyard

Western Michigan 2013 (1-11), 2014 (8-5)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...UCONN 2014 (2-10), 2015 (?)

While on paper I am finding it hard to find a path to 6-6 and a bowl game, I keep thinking about what P.J. Fleck's team did his first two years at WM and it gives me optimism. Both are high energy guys, cleaned house in their first season (and pissed some people off doing so), and worked as assistants under top college coaches at big programs.

When logic and reason get me down, I gotta have faith. In Diaco I Trust...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think ECU is winnable as well... even on the road... that QB they had last year is gone...

Reaction Score
Villanova
Army
USF
Navy
Tulane
Temple

That's 6. Not all that difficult.

you do realize that we lost to 4 of those teams last year, and the other 2 we didn't play, right?

Reaction Score
my not-so-popular opinion is that 2015 won't bring a much better record than 2014.

On paper we might even be worse than pre-season 2014 when we had a veteran Center and CB Jones and WR Davis and QB Cochran etc to be excited about. 2015 is Diaco's first full recruiting season and a good portion of the recruits will likely be redshirted.

2016 is when we see a better record. Hopefully this year we see closer games (no 41-0 losses to Cincy) and better execution on the field, and a less conservative offense.

Reaction Score
Villanova
Army
USF
Navy
Tulane
Temple

That's 6. Not all that difficult.

I have three games that we need to win (i.e., if we don't win all three it will be a long year) : Villanova, Army, and USF.
I have four games that we be a huge challenge to win (i.e., if we win any of these games we're almost certainly going to a Bowl Game): BYU, Missouri, Cincinnati, UCF
That means we need to win three of these five games to get to 6-6: Navy, at Tulane, at Temple, East Carolina, Houston

Maybe I scarred from the absolute pounding we took from Navy awhile back, but I'm less optimistic about that game than you are. Temple's not the old punching bag it used to be. Houston and ECU are solid. Tulane not great but we have never been a good road team. However, we could win all five if we are decent and we catch some breaks (i.e., cold, windy weather for Houston / ECU games would help)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
you do realize that we lost to 4 of those teams last year, and the other 2 we didn't play, right?

It's not last year and we're not BC losing to the same teams 23 times in a row.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I have three games that we need to win (i.e., if we don't win all three it will be a long year) : Villanova, Army, and USF.
I have four games that we be a huge challenge to win (i.e., if we win any of these games we're almost certainly going to a Bowl Game): BYU, Missouri, Cincinnati, UCF
That means we need to win three of these five games to get to 6-6: Navy, at Tulane, at Temple, East Carolina, Houston

Maybe I scarred from the absolute pounding we took from Navy awhile back, but I'm less optimistic about that game than you are. Temple's not the old punching bag it used to be. Houston and ECU are solid. Tulane not great but we have never been a good road team. However, we could win all five if we are decent and we catch some breaks (i.e., cold, windy weather for Houston / ECU games would help)

These programs haven't gotten better as much as we've gotten worse. Last year's squad didn't look like they knew how to play football. I'm counting on the coaches and the players to fix that. They have the size, speed, and talent. If they can get better between the ears and in the ticker department, you'll see a big jump and see it rather quickly. You'll know by week 4. If the answer is no and there isn't noticeable momentum at the end of the season, then a change needs to be made. Coaching regimes, don't recover from back to back 2 win seasons.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Lincoln Riley ECU's OC since 2010 left to go to Oklahoma. Couple that with the loss of Carden and Hardy ECU will have a pretty big drop off

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
And WMU is probably going 5-7 this year, not sure I get the point.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Maybe Diaco needs to adopt some kinda of coach-speak clieche like PJ Fleck did at WMU. He has: "Row the Boat" haha
6-26_Western_Michigan_poster.jpg

Reaction Score
And WMU is probably going 5-7 this year, not sure I get the point.

What part of a team going from 1-11 to 8-5 do you not understand?

I'll explain it for you. We went 2-10 last year.

There is always hope.

Stop your trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member