SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
For me unless 99, 3, Zion or Bruce say we're out we have as good a chance as the others. Yarders see other teams get involved and have a inferiority complex.
I'm assuming there's momentum there. Crystal ball is far from perfect, but there's been a ton of Duke picks. 15 Duke picks, 1 old BC pick, 0 UConn now.

Reaction Score
I stopped putting any stock into the crystal ball picks after Stone. Recruiting is fluid. We were in on Gabriel early and we have shown him that he is a priority by going 4 deep to his last game during the past live recruiting period. KO has been on fire, so I remain hopeful and optimistic.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
My thoughts on the interviews:

Kid has his head screwed on right
He handled the interview very diplomatically
F Kansas
The kid thinks his future is better served by playing the 3 in college
He says the Squid is the only one mentioning him as a 3.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I stopped putting any stock into the crystal ball picks after Stone. Recruiting is fluid. We were in on Gabriel early and we have shown him that he is a priority by going 4 deep to his last game during the past live recruiting period. KO has been on fire, so I remain hopeful and optimistic.
Why? Stone had Maryland picks on his crystal ball, and there was plenty Underarmour talk with he and Maryland.

Look it like this: if it were 15 to 1 crystal ball picks to UConn we'd all be psyched and expecting him to be leaning our way. He's that way with Duke as of right now.

The crystal ball can be seriously misguiding, but rarely does someone get 15 consecutive picks to a school without actual substance to rumors. Not saying we're screwed, but we're behind.

Reaction Score
He's stated he was a Duke fan growing up and K and his staff were tracking him the entire time out in Vegas, not really that hard to see why all those guys are making Duke picks right now.

Reaction Score
He's stated he was a Duke fan growing up and K and his staff were tracking him the entire time out in Vegas, not really that hard to see why all those guys are making Duke picks right now.
It just shows how these guys have no inside information.

Reaction Score
Why? Stone had Maryland picks on his crystal ball, and there was plenty Underarmour talk with he and Maryland.

Look it like this: if it were 15 to 1 crystal ball picks to UConn we'd all be psyched and expecting him to be leaning our way. He's that way with Duke as of right now.

The crystal ball can be seriously misguiding, but rarely does someone get 15 consecutive picks to a school without actual substance to rumors. Not saying we're screwed, but we're behind.
3 out of 28 guys had Stone to Maryland. At one point we had a slew of crystal ball picks in a row. Then all the experts changed their picks to Wisconsin. Then he committed to Maryland.

I'm not saying we're ahead or behind Duke right now, all I'm saying is things can change so until he commits elsewhere I believe we have a legit shot.

Reaction Score
Crystal Ball picks are fluid. They are a solid indicator of the current flow, in my opinion, but really aren't accurate predictions until other signs start popping up: the recruit's taken all his visits, a coach visited him out of the blue, schools are backing off, etc. Haven't seen any of that with Gabriel yet.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think we might want to do ourselves a favor and move on here. Disappointing, but that's how these things go sometimes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think we might want to do ourselves a favor and move on here. Disappointing, but that's how these things go sometimes.
The benefit of having guys like Enoch, Larrier & Diarra already on board is that we don't have to move on here. We can afford to spend recruiting resources trying to take Gabriel into the bottom of the 9th - and if we strike out, we're still ok.

I'd be more disappointed if we pulled out early than if we hung in as long as we could and still lost out.

Reaction Score
Seems like someone like Gak could still be had as a developmental piece if they decide to go that route. In his latest interview he mentioned UConn as a school that was still heavily involved.

Reaction Score
ofcourse its the pangos dude dropping that info ha

Maybe he knows something we don't(mentioning Duke doesn't really require inside info) but I literally haven't heard Zona mentioned once with Gabriel, seems hella random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom