SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

According to VerbalCommits, his other offers of note include BC, UMD, and PC.

Reaction Score
i like what KO is doing, really hittin the NE kids with offers. Diarra, gabriel, jones and bruce brown are all top ten kids in NE. not counting heron...

gabriel looks like a terrific prospect, would be a great commit. tremendous defensive upside

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Short Adidas gauntlet mixtape, but damn I have to admit he impressed me and I usually don't let myself be too wowed by a tape.

Reaction Score
Although Gabriel’s intrigued by the Terps, he isn’t claiming any early favorites. He said he’s “wide open” in his recruitment and is taking the process slowly.

“Right now there’s a lot of programs coming at me, and I have to take some visits,” Gabriel said. “The UConn offer I got was big too. That’s a great program and I want to get up there to see them. Providence and B.C., I’ve been to both of those schools and they’ve been on me for awhile now. I like both of those programs.

“I think Georgia Tech is close to offering, Vanderbilt could be offering, and I know Harvard and a bunch of the Ivies are about to offer. So I want to see what all comes in.”

The plan right now is to see as many schools as possible this summer and fall, and then have an idea where he wants to go by November.

“I really want to be able to sign by the early period,” Gabriel said. “I don’t want to drag things out and go through the whole [recruiting process]. I’m hoping to know where I’m going before the winter.”

http://connecticut.scout.com/story/1541824-gabriel-thrilled-with-terps-offer?s=342

Reaction Score
not going to get too many likes with this but he reminds me more of Kentan with slightly less athleticism, and i say that in a good way. i'm maybe the only one on this board that's bullish towards Kentan

Reaction Score
Ran into VP & Co. (Mass Rivals) including Wenyen G. on their way to Connecticut College this morning. The love and respect all these guys have for Jaylen Adams is pretty telling (not surprising). One of the best prospects with them was an 8th grader who "is the next superstar...". Gabriel is 1 of the nicest kids. Expectations from these guys are off the charts for JA especially from VP/WG.

I think the addition of Sterling G. this year (giving JA a period of time to transition) is going to help pave the way for what will become one of the most special players ever at UConn. Just the vibe given off by others who know way more than I do about this special player and kid.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Inaccurate thread: there is nothing serious about the BC basketball program or any other sports program at that vile institution!

I would've listed any school that happens to be in a P5 conference as an "offer of note". I'm not going to pretend that every kid in New England has the same deep-rooted hatred for BC that is present in our fanbase.

Reaction Score
I would've listed any school that happens to be in a P5 conference as an "offer of note". I'm not going to pretend that every kid in New England has the same deep-rooted hatred for BC that is present in our fanbase.
Maybe not hatred but the reality is their bball program hasn't been relevant in 20 years.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Maybe not hatred but the reality is their bball program hasn't been relevant in 20 years.

Not disagreeing with you there. But I think any time a school in the ACC offers a kid we're in on, it's worth mentioning at the very least. Doesn't matter if it's Duke/UNC or Wake/BC.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Is Ollie making a concerted effort to recruit locally more this season? Or just coincidence?

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing with you there. But I think any time a school in the ACC offers a kid we're in on, it's worth mentioning at the very least. Doesn't matter if it's Duke/UNC or Wake/BC.

This is a UConn board. A touch of sarcasm is inherent in most posts. And certainly in any post that mentions that despised campus to our north.

I am blessed: neither of my sons would even wanted to visit the campus. They ended up at RIT and Fordham.

Reaction Score
He reminds of T-More era Ajou Deng (that's a big compliment). Long, skilled, but I'm not sure he's a 3. Thought the Facey comp was pretty accurate too.

Reaction Score
Is Ollie making a concerted effort to recruit locally more this season? Or just coincidence?
hes been recruiting the best players in New England/New York

Reaction Score
We seem to be going head to head with the Terps a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom