Weird out in Washington | The Boneyard

Weird out in Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
First Washington State smacked the Wash Huskies on the road on Friday, now the Huskies are returning the favor at WSU. I guess both teams got sick on their own home cooking.

Similar situation in the Colonial Conference as Hofstra pulled a big upset over James Madison on the road, though the Pride lost their home game with JMU two weeks ago. Strange things happen.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And WSU loses by 40 at home to the Wash Huskies after beating them on the road on Friday by 11 on the road two days ago. Alternate universe there, or a celebration party got out of hand in between.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Two factors - neither of which I am going to bother researching further:

- Washington is a significantly better team than WSU - I'll say this based on having actually seen them.

- both depend on significant contributions from a limited number of players. Perhaps the key players had bad days.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Two factors - neither of which I am going to bother researching further:

- Washington is a significantly better team than WSU - I'll say this based on having actually seen them.

- both depend on significant contributions from a limited number of players. Perhaps the key players had bad days.
Of the two possibilities offered, I'll go with no. 2. Before yesterday's game both teams were rated almost the same in Sagarin and they still are within 3 points of each other. Massey predicted Washington to win the first game at home 77-69 and they lost 78-76, while they were predicted to lose the away game 74-72 and they won by 40, 83-43.

I'm guessing the Huskies just felt so embarrassed by Friday's play that they came out with something to prove all 40 minutes long out at Pullman.

Reaction Score
First Washington State smacked the Wash Huskies on the road on Friday, now the Huskies are returning the favor at WSU. I guess both teams got sick on their own home cooking.

Similar situation in the Colonial Conference as Hofstra pulled a big upset over James Madison on the road, though the Pride lost their home game with JMU two weeks ago. Strange things happen.
Hey, Drexel's in 2nd place and Delaware almost beat them at home yesterday. I went to the game and it came down to the last shot.
Great game to watch although we were disappointed at the end.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Happened with Stanford/Cal as well...
Three of the PAC teams have better road conference records than home records, especially WSU which has won only two PAC games at home, though with two winnable games remaining for next weekend. Arizona State and Cal also have better road conference records, which is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom