Weekly Recruiting Update | The Boneyard

Weekly Recruiting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very interesting stuff with Lyle. Do we take him if he wats to commit, or is he simply an insurance plan should something unforeseen happen in the next 2+ weeks? I for one, think he is the kind of talent you take if you can get. I'm pretty high on him despite the possible issues, and would love to add yet another dynamic ball handler. However, it could impact the Dorsey 2015 sweepstakes, and if I'm high on Lyle, I'm VERY high on Dorsey. Like I said, it'll be interesting to watch his recruitment play out. Don't see the combo with Alexander at this point, haven't been hearing a lot of buzz about that recently

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Very interesting stuff with Lyle. Do we take him if he wats to commit, or is he simply an insurance plan should something unforeseen happen in the next 2+ weeks? I for one, think he is the kind of talent you take if you can get. I'm pretty high on him despite the possible issues, and would love to add yet another dynamic ball handler. However, it could impact the Dorsey 2015 sweepstakes, and if I'm high on Lyle, I'm VERY high on Dorsey. Like I said, it'll be interesting to watch his recruitment play out. Don't see the combo with Alexander at this point, haven't been hearing a lot of buzz about that recently

Bird in the hand is better than a dozen in the bush. I hate the thought of passing up solid recruits for the opportunity to compete with all of the other schools out there for the potential to land another solid recruit. If we are high on Lyle and he wants to come here, then we should snatch him up.

Reaction Score
Yea not much today. My first quarter hasn't even ended yet.
Lol, kinda gives you a peek into how long it's been since I was in HS. I was thinking on a college level.

Reaction Score
Bird in the hand is better than a dozen in the bush. I hate the thought of passing up solid recruits for the opportunity to compete with all of the other schools out there for the potential to land another solid recruit. If we are high on Lyle and he wants to come here, then we should snatch him up.
Agreed. At this point, I'd take Lyle for sure, if he wanted to commit, over having a decent shot at Dorsey.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Agreed. At this point, I'd take Lyle for sure, if he wanted to commit, over having a decent shot at Dorsey.

Plus, Lyle just makes me happy because of the pain he's caused Louisville. Quentin Snyder a top recruit, decommitted from Louisville because they got Lyle's commit. Lyle then decommitted. If we pick him up, that would be almost as good a parting shot as beating Louisville in the AAC tourney. Never mind, it wouldn't come close to as good as beating Louisville in the tourney. Maybe close to as good as sweeping the regular season home and away. No, not close to as good as that either. Yeah, so close to as good as beating Louisville at home this year. That's the ticket.

The best parting shot. Sweeping Louisville and getting Lyle.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How about a frontcourt in the future of Diamond Stone and Chance Comanche?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Wonder if KO and staff told him purvis and cassel weren't true points? Pretty sure they think they are inline for some time at the one spot.

Reaction Score
Ollie is watching Lubin now. Here's a tweet from someone at the workout:
@BrandonClayPSB: #OTRHoopsReport: '14 @UConnMBB verbal Rakim Lubin has a frame tailor made for the AAC. Solidly built PF for @CoachKO_UConn. Hard to box out!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Ollie is watching Lubin now. Here's a tweet from someone at the workout:
@BrandonClayPSB: #OTRHoopsReport: '14 @UConnMBB verbal Rakim Lubin has a frame tailor made for the AAC. Solidly built PF for @CoachKO_UConn. Hard to box out!
What kind of frame is needed in the new AAC?

Reaction Score
Some more on Lubin. I asked the guy who was at the workout how Lubin did and here's what he said:
@BrandonClayPSB: He looked good. Top 100 caliber prospect. Will post a "Prospect Eval" tomorrow.

I'll link his article tomorrow when he posts it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Some more on Lubin. I asked the guy who was at the workout how Lubin did and here's what he said:
@BrandonClayPSB: He looked good. Top 100 caliber prospect. Will post a "Prospect Eval" tomorrow.

This is music to my ears.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Who is this guy? Does his opinion hold any kind of merit?

Reaction Score
Pain in the butt question - I dig reading your recruiting updates, but is there any chance you can put a star rating with a player's name from any of the various scouting sites? While I know stars don't mean much in the end game, it may give a bit more of an idea for some folks like me that don't dive that deep for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
Pain in the butt question - I dig reading your recruiting updates, but is there any chance you can put a star rating with a player's name from any of the various scouting sites? While I know stars don't mean much in the end game, it may give a bit more of an idea for some folks like me that don't dive that deep for whatever reason.
On the recruiting page on the blog there is the targets and there rankings. It's not up to date right now but I'm actually working on a massive update for sometime in the next few days. I'll post the link when it's done.

Reaction Score
On the recruiting page on the blog there is the targets and there rankings. It's not up to date right now but I'm actually working on a massive update for sometime in the next few days. I'll post the link when it's done.

Thank you... I feel like an idiot now, but it's worth it to find out that's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom