Weekly Recruiting Update and Second Live Period Report | The Boneyard

Weekly Recruiting Update and Second Live Period Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Thanks 3. Interesting trends at PF. Stock up Abu, Robinson, stock down Black.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks 3.

One player with 11 looks, one with 7 and three with 5.

Two Questions: When you list numbers are coaches stating they are watching so and so players? Or are some players getting looks only because they are on same team as a player the coaches are really interested in?

Reaction Score
Two Questions: When you list numbers are coaches stating they are watching so and so players? Or are some players getting looks only because they are on same team as a player the coaches are really interested in?
For the first question, no. Coaches can't publicly talk about recruits at any time or else it's a violation. I find out who the staff is watching based off tweets by recruiting analysts, like Bossi, Meyer, etc. They always list the colleges at the games they are at with the names of the teams playing. From there I look up the teams rosters and look for the players UConn has offered and are recruiting. For the second question most of the players the staff are watching they are after hard. For example Abu and Oubre.

Reaction Score
I think the Terrell views are just based off of him being on the same AAU squad as Malik Abu, seems like Borges has inside info that they're not recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Having trouble finding info on him, but Paris Brass looks really nice in this video! Very, very athletic with long wingspan. First clip was a carry though!

Reaction Score
Wow, Dominique Uhl, young German, looks like he can potentially be better than our previous German recruits if he commits. Hopefully staff keeps going after him.

Reaction Score
And here is Kevin Zabo. Looks like he can fill the true PG spot as well as anyone.

Reaction Score
I think the Terrell views are just based off of him being on the same AAU squad as Malik Abu, seems like Borges has inside info that they're not recruiting him.
I think they are recruiting Terrell because they watched his team a few times even when Abu wasn't there.

Reaction Score
Good work, 3.

Here is another update from ESPN on Okonoboh, Abu & Terrell: Ollie, Crean check out Okonoboh in Pa.

Goodluck Okonoboh (Boston/Wilbraham & Monson) – He had head coaches Tom Crean (Indiana), Billy Donovan (Florida), Mark Gottfreid (N.C. State) and Kevin Ollie (UConn) on hand earlier in the week along with assistant coach Nate James (Duke). The nation’s No. 4 center saw minutes in only one game in the second tournament of the week, but that didn’t stop UConn from following him throughout the week as assistant coach Glen Miller kept tabs.

Abdul-Malik Abu (Marblehead, Mass./Kimball Union Academy) – Abu arrived on Saturday night, so too did Ollie (UConn) and Ed Cooley (Providence) as both local programs are pulling out all the stops to land the talented forward. Of course, that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Abu’s recruitment, but there was no mistaking the timing of the three Saturday night arrivals.

Jared Terrell (Weymouth, Mass./Brewster Academy) – The three local schools – Boston College, Providence and UConn – coordinated their coverage across the board while Rhode Island appeared to be hunting a steal with head coach Danny Hurley and all three assistant coaches stopping in during the course of the week. Two other programs that were front and center throughout the week were St. John’s and Cincinnati, with assistant coaches Tony Chiles and Darren Savino, respectively, while Johnnies head coach Steve Lavin also came through for a day.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I like the Abu/Terrell package deal. At first, I was concerned getting Terrell would create a logjam at the 2 spot but I don't think so anymore.

14' line up (assuming Abu, Terrell, and another PG) could end up looking something like this...

1- Samuel/K. Joseph (I love his game)
2-Purvis/Terrell
3-Calhoun/Hamilton
4-Facey/Abu
5-Nolan/Brimah

This is provided Daniels and Boatright are gone. Also, I am only showing Abu/Terrell with a possible PG and not speculating on any other potential players.

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton will be in that starting lineup somewhere.

Kevin Zabo is a step down from the other PGs we are recruiting.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen that Uconn is no longer recruiting Terrell anywhere else beside Borges. I think he would be a great get, and given time could develop into a great player. Impossible to keep out of the lane, just needs a jump shot. Especially if he an Abu want to play together. We're in good position.

Reaction Score
I think borges is going on old old info on Terrell

could be right, as someone else noted in the other post he was using outdated links and references for the other guys we're recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom