Week 3 Thread | The Boneyard

Week 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Burnley and Man U still double bagels.

Also, Bob Diaco intends to run a 3-5-2 against and Stony Brook and has referred to LVG as an "aspirational" peer".

Reaction Score
I'm on Vaca out west this weekend, so won't be catching any of todays games. Will be waking up at 5:30 tomorrow to watch Spurs v Liverpool on my iPad though.

That's a shame Man U drawing w/ Burnley, a real shame ;)

Reaction Score
I messed up bad picking so many Man City players for my fantasy side. Their early schedule has had some stiff competetion.

Looking forward to Chelsea-Everton. I can't stomach college football right now.

Reaction Score
The Swans are off to a great start. Their schedule has been favorable, but they are handling their business nicely. Well done Stoke, too!!
I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning... Come On You Spurs!!!!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Great win again today. I think the best move Swansea made this transfer market was bringing back Sigurdsson. He's been involved in a goal in each game has transformed the midfield. While I didn't like seeing Davies go to Spurs, I think the swap worked out well for us.

Reaction Score
Swansea definitely getting the better results from both transfers. I really like Sigurdsson (sp?). Davies is struggling to unseat Rose (who frustrates the hell out of me) and get regular BPL minutes w/ Spurs so far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stupid challenge by Dier, but thediving/flopping still remains a big problem in soccer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great goal by Moreno....and the wheels are now off the Spurs bus. It's been a FANTASTIC sports weekend for me. :mad:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Great goal by Moreno....and the wheels are now off the Spurs bus. It's been a FANTASTIC sports weekend for me. :mad:
Ah, there's that familiar sting of UConn football and Spurs losing decisively on the same weekend.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Is there a BPL requirement that Top 4 teams get a PK to start the second half against Spurs? When it went to half 1-0 I called that PK, I only messed up the card (thought it would be red).

And I am tired of Townsend. His first touch leads to a Moreno goal. That he is our first option off the bench is a big problem.

Reaction Score
And if you're going to give PK's for "shirt grabbing" in the box then give them for all offenses. WTF. Lovren's was worse than Dier's and in a more dangerous scoring position (not the corner of the box near the end line).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tottenham giving up a 3 spot killed me today. First 3 goals of Lloris' season.

Reaction Score
Ya, Liverpool capitalized on each mistake Spurs made, Spurs couldn't return the favor (although Liverpool played a pretty clean game and didn't give up any easy opportunities - save Chadli's point blank chance early on when both defenders went to cover Ade'). Sterling's finish when one defender didn't push up enough and kept the play onside, and Townsend's turnover in his first 10 seconds off the bench gave up 2 of the goals, and the PK on a stupid challenge by Dier leading to the flop gave up the PK.

Today was a similar pattern to LY, when Spurs struggled against a top side the Sunday after a Europa League Thursday game.

Reaction Score
Lester is giving Arsenal a run for their money now.

Gotta be one of the worst sports weekends for me in a while.

Reaction Score
Lester is solid. Arsenal should have gotten the 3 points, but Lester's 1st 3 games in the BPL were Everton, @ Chelsea, and Arsenal. 3 of last years top 5. To come out of it w/ 2 points is a good start. Big test will be how they hold up over the remaining 37 matches and Cup play. I like what I've seen so far tho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Arsenal's history of early season injuries and flat play to start the season continues. Still, compared to Man U, the Gunners are on fire. Chelsea looks to have the best form to date.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arsenal's history of early season injuries and flat play to start the season continues. Still, compared to Man U, the Gunners are on fire. Chelsea looks to have the best form to date.
I think it's gonna be Chelsea's to lose this season. I agree Arsenal still looking not all together. Playing Sanogo up top, ugh. Hopefully now Wellbeck can help out.

Reaction Score
I think it's gonna be Chelsea's to lose this season. I agree Arsenal still looking not all together. Playing Sanogo up top, ugh. Hopefully now Wellbeck can help out.

I was reading that Mourinho is deadly good in his second season whereever he is coaching. Right now, their lineup just looks perfect. They made Everton's defense look foolish and had an answer for everything. Everton's defense looks so bad that I dumped Tim Howard in fantasy.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Howard is on my bench, but I may have to make a change if Lloris doesn't play after giving up 3 goals this weekend.

Reaction Score
Howard is on my bench, but I may have to make a change if Lloris doesn't play after giving up 3 goals this weekend.
Bench Lloris when Spurs play City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool, start him against everybody else. I meant to sit him this past w/e and start Fabianski from Swansea (who ended up with 7 points v. Lloris 3), but was on vaca and totally forgot to do it. Spurs struggles defending those 4 clubs, everyone else they seem to defend pretty well against, on average.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Bench Lloris when Spurs play City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool, start him against everybody else. I meant to sit him this past w/e and start Fabianski from Swansea (who ended up with 7 points v. Lloris 3), but was on vaca and totally forgot to do it. Spurs struggles defending those 4 clubs, everyone else they seem to defend pretty well against, on average.
Thanks for the advice. In Lloris's defense at least one goal wasn't his fault. It was a penalty kick given to Liverpool on a foul in the penalty area. It was a soft penalty called on some World cup level flopping, but truth be told, it could have been a make up call. Deir had a play earlier in the game that should have been carded and wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom