We NEED to win | The Boneyard

We NEED to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For college basketball.

And, because being the team that cost that group of freshmen a title would feel good (conversely, it would hurt too much to give Cal another title).

Too bad we are DOOMED!!

Reaction Score
...and the media will get to say they were right with their #1 pre season ranking...

Reaction Score
I know in 04 and 11 the Duke and UK FF games were basically the defacto title games, but its gonna feel good to knock off a traditional "blue blood" in the title game after playing Georgia Tech and Butler. I was rooting for UK to win, Wisconsin has no juice behind them.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm guessing everyone outside of SEC territory will be pulling for UCONN. Maybe even a few LCC fans!

Reaction Score
I know in 04 and 11 the Duke and UK FF games were basically the defacto title games, but its gonna feel good to knock off a traditional "blue blood" in the title game after playing Georgia Tech and Butler. I was rooting for UK to win, Wisconsin has no juice behind them.
I want to win. I don't care if we played Western Kentucky: no one can take away a fairly won title.

Kentucky is the more athletic team. They don't play great defense, but damn if they aren't going to be the more difficult team to beat in the championship game due to their athleticism.

Reaction Score

Me too.

Reaction Score
I want to win. I don't care if we played Western Kentucky: no one can take away a fairly won title.

Kentucky is the more athletic team. They don't play great defense, but damn if they aren't going to be the more difficult team to beat in the championship game due to their athleticism.

I agree, but it feels far better to have the game acknowledged afterwards, unlike the Butler title game where it was only acknowledged in the state of CT and clowned by the rest of the country. I mean, imagine having the '99 title game played in this era of social media and rapid reactions. Obviously a win is a win, but it feels great to have the whole sports world talking about it, instead of just dismissed completely.

Reaction Score
I agree, but it feels far better to have the game acknowledged afterwards, unlike the Butler title game where it was only acknowledged in the state of CT and clowned by the rest of the country. I mean, imagine having the '99 title game played in this era of social media and rapid reactions. Obviously a win is a win, but it feels great to have the whole sports world talking about it, instead of just dismissed completely.
People are already complaining about how UConn will have played a 1, 3, and two 8 seeds in the National Championship.

If it were Kentucky with a 1 or 2 seed, sure. It's a Kentucky with an 8 seed, so the people who care will complain about it no matter what.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, if Our Heroes are able to get the W on monday, people will say that UK was just a bunch of freshmen. And if it had been Wisconsin that won, then they'd say it was a boring Big Ten slow-down team , even though this year's Wisconsin is not based on that formula. Either way, Fluke Fluke Fluke narrative. Who cares... we know who we are!

Reaction Score

Hate to break it to you but if we win the big story will be why didnt Uk win the national title? what went wrong? calipari has solidified himself as one of the great coaches bla bla bla. believe me its going to be all about how uk blew their chance at a title.

Reaction Score
The stakes here are enormous. A UK win completely validates Cal's system and ensures they get #1 recruiting classes from now until eternity.

Calipari has amassed three final fours, four elite eights, a national title, and a 18-2 tournament record since arriving in Kentucky. His system was validated a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom