We need to make better friends with Michigan St | The Boneyard

We need to make better friends with Michigan St

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to be part of that Nike event in 2017 if we aren't already.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Should give these four teams a distinct advantage in recruiting over other teams with all the perks the players will receive going to the events. No way the NCAA is going to stop it given who's going.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
One thought - what differentiates this from a pre-season tournament and why would it be exempt? That would be a pretty big advantage.

That being said, I don't see what stopping us from trying to replicate this sort of event. I honestly think we have a big enough name that we could get other Blue Bloods to go along w/ us. Who cares if we are being copy cats?

Reaction Score
Forget about the other teams. The real tragedy is that UConn won't be able to go see Motown the Musical in 2018 with the other teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We'll get there (again) in 2-3 years. Ollie has already started, especially in that he fears no team. I think some of this is the by-product of losing our HOF coach.

Reaction Score
I wish UConn would start innovating like this. I'd love to see an annual series with some of the other schools who have won at least 3 NCAA Tourney Championships. The full list is:
  • UCLA - 11
  • Kentucky - 8
  • Indiana - 5
  • UNC - 5
  • Duke - 4
  • UConn - 3
  • Kansas - 3
  • Louisville - 3
An 8 team tourney every year (Champions League?) is unfortunately probably too much to ask, but if I were Warde, I'd try to get UCLA, Indiana, and Kansas on board, and play 3 games each against the others across the country throughout the season. I don't think the traveling together and Motown the musical are necessarily required, but games in NYC, Chicago, and LA are a great idea, especially with those teams. Each school has a game in their own time zone, and is within a 2 hr flight to one of the venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom