We Have a Magic Bench | The Boneyard

We Have a Magic Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It somehow managed to pull off a reverse disappearing act for Nolan and Calhoun.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Both more comfortable off the bench today. In Nolan's case it's been 2 games now where he looks more relaxed yet aggressive. Nice to see Omar get his shot to fall too. He needs to start closer to the basket, then move further out. I used to feel the same way about Jamal Coombs-McDaniel game. He can be helpful from many spots on the floor, but can't just roam the 3pt line and go 1-7. Must do more. Today he did.

Reaction Score
Both more comfortable off the bench today. In Nolan's case it's been 2 games now where he looks more relaxed yet aggressive. Nice to see Omar get his shot to fall too. He needs to start closer to the basket, then move further out. I used to feel the same way about Jamal Coombs-McDaniel game. He can be helpful from many spots on the floor, but can't just roam the 3pt line and go 1-7. Must do more. Today he did.

Bingo on Omar! He does better at taking it to the rim & mid range, once he hits a few shots, his confidence goes up. Today it was very obvious. Confidence is everything.

Reaction Score
Bingo on Omar! He does better at taking it to the rim & mid range, once he hits a few shots, his confidence goes up. Today it was very obvious. Confidence is everything.

I have really been saying this about him all year, from game 1 almost, and the reason I say this is because this is exactly what he did last year, about midway thru, he started developing his game close to the basket, and before you knew it, he was hitting from all over the court.

The only one on the team who can hit 3s without being perfectly set is Shabazz.

Reaction Score
Omar mixing it up definitely was nice to see. Started with a couple drives to the goal and then a couple 3s in the 2nd half was just what he needed.

Nolan had a solid game off the bench as well.
Hard to believe he's just about our only inside scorer. For a lefty big guy, he's got pretty good FT mechanics & form.

Kromah had a quiet but solid game today.

Reaction Score
I have really been saying this about him all year, from game 1 almost, and the reason I say this is because this is exactly what he did last year, about midway thru, he started developing his game close to the basket, and before you knew it, he was hitting from all over the court.

The only one on the team who can hit 3s without being perfectly set is Shabazz.

I agree. Omar wasn't a high level recruit for shooting 3 ptrs. He slashed & had a great mid range game but he's gone away from his strength. I've said the same thing as you. Wow, we agree? LOL I say if you're not hitting from out, take it in closer to the hoop. It builds player's confidence. Omar did that today. Plus he rebounded. He obviously responded. Good for him.

And Bazz was Bazz, solid all around. Not much to say, which hasn't been said.

Reaction Score
Didn't get to watch the game today, but saw that Brimah only got 5 min. Didn't look like he was in foul trouble or anything so did we just stick with the nolan, daniels, giffey frontcourt?

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Didn't get to watch the game today, but saw that Brimah only got 5 min. Didn't look like he was in foul trouble or anything so did we just stick with the nolan, daniels, giffey frontcourt?
Brimah got 2 stupid, avoidable fouls within 3 minutes of the game starting so KO took him out for the half. Phil came in and played well in the second so KO stuck with him at the 5.

Reaction Score
I don't know how I feel about Omar going to bucket. Looks to settle for contact rather than taking a good shot. And he doesn't even draw contact most of the time! A couple times today he tossed up just silly shots towards the basket that had no chance.

Reaction Score
I don't know how I feel about Omar going to bucket. Looks to settle for contact rather than taking a good shot. And he doesn't even draw contact most of the time! A couple times today he tossed up just silly shots towards the basket that had no chance.

Yes they weren't pretty but he's moving in the right direction with his game. He also got his hands on the ball defensively and made things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom