WBB- Alabama and Auburn dustup | The Boneyard

WBB- Alabama and Auburn dustup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And this is why the SEC is such a great conference. Two teams battling for last place and they still have the spirit to slug it out and pull no punches.

I hope SMU and Houston take note of this and can do the AAC proud when they meet up again in another month.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Might regret not using an emoticon, Dobbs...

For my part, I thought this sort of thing only happened in Texas...:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

One of the players involved was a transferee from Baylor I think.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

Don't think you can get banned for just doing a little conference cheerleading; I think you have to question the way someone distorts his numbers. But we'll see. :oops::confused::(:cool:

Reaction Score
Not as one-sided as Griner-Barncastle. One ref took a little incidental abuse too.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Alabama and Auburn hate each other. I know how that is because most Gamecocks would pull for the Russians or alien invaders against Clemson. You guys don't know what you're missing by not having a hated in-state rival.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Alabama and Auburn hate each other. I know how that is because most Gamecocks would pull for the Russians or alien invaders against Clemson. You guys don't know what you're missing by not having a hated in-state rival.

Its even worse for Bama-Auburn....... cause they are in the same conference as well. Hate between schools and their respective fanbases is vastly underrated. :)

Reaction Score
Its even worse for Bama-Auburn.. cause they are in the same conference as well. Hate between schools and their respective fanbases is vastly underrated. :)

is it as bad as the love between UNC and Duke ?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
We do have Yale. Does that count? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, guess we may have to go a little off-state to BC, but that's like beating a dead Eagle, except when they play Duke.

Reaction Score
The worst part of it was cleaning up all the loose change when the roll of nickles burst open. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
is it as bad as the love between UNC and Duke ?

Im sure Bama-Auburn is worse than anything in the ACC. Just imagine if both schools were relevant in WCBB.... then it would be really something to see.

In the ACC.... Duke-UNCCheat is childs play compared to the hate between UNCCheat and NC State. :eek: The Devil-Heel rivalry gets more attention due to the fact that they are usually both at/near the top of the ACC in WCBB... so the games have alot more on the line.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, I mistook a future daughter-in-law's brother for a UNC student when he was really at NC State, and I think that put the kibosh on my son's relationship with his then steady. Things have moved on, and I will remember not to confuse Virginia with the Virginia Tech in future conversations with in-laws.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We do have Yale. Does that count? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, guess we may have to go a little off-state to BC, but that's like beating a dead Eagle, except when they play Duke.

BC has such a minuscule fan base that it probably isn't comparable; plus they're not really good in anything. :cool: The reason many in-state rivalries are so heated is because the fans work together and in some cases are related. Many of the players on both sides went to high school together or at least competed since they were children. When I was in college, my dorm door was plastered with bumper stickers and many of them directed hate towards Clemson.

A few examples:

th

559499_10151201129317351_1331152036_n.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You may have missed it, but there was actually a TV special a couple years ago on the Auburn / Alabama rivalry. And if I recollect correctly, isn't that the one where someone poisoned the iconic trees at the other school?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You may have missed it, but there was actually a TV special a couple years ago on the Auburn / Alabama rivalry. And if I recollect correctly, isn't that the one where someone poisoned the iconic trees at the other school?

A rabid Bama fan poisoned the trees at Auburn.... someplace called Toomer's corner or something like that

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Obviously the ACC has no pride. Last night VTech and Wake Forest went at it in the battle of the conference winless and though there were 47 combined PFs, no rhubarbs. How boring!

If teams are going to be the doormats of their conferences, they should be required to stage a fight when they get together so that the conference can get a little attention on CBS Sports site and other sites that have a "raging-women only" policy. If the conferences are not going to supply good filler content for the non-football season, what good are they?

Reaction Score
The 2 main participants in the Alabama-Auburn fight got suspended for 2 games each (1 game mandatory per NCAA for flagrant 2 foul call, and the SEC "accepted" each school's additional 1 game suspension). The Alabama player who was ejected for coming off the bench received no suspension.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn football fans are well-aware of the USC and "Clempson"/Tater rivalry. When UConn played USC in the Papa John's Bowl a few years ago, Clemson fans swarmed the Boneyard, telling us to "kill the Coots". Problem is, we liked the USC fans for the most part and the Clemson fans were pretty obnoxious so we told them to STFU.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
UConn football fans are well-aware of the USC and "Clempson"/Tater rivalry. When UConn played USC in the Papa John's Bowl a few years ago, Clemson fans swarmed the Boneyard, telling us to "kill the Taters". Problem is, we liked the USC fans for the most part and the Clemson fans were pretty obnoxious so we told them to STFU.
Clemson fans like to do that, bless their hearts. We call them "taters" and they call us "coots". That was one bowl game I didn't attend. I had about a 15 year consecutive MBB home attendance streak going at the time and we had a home game that day. After you guys killed us that day I was glad I stayed home. I wouldn't mind a home and home in football. I'd take any opportunity to visit New England in the fall.

Reaction Score
My daughter graduated from Clemson. Good school and nice place. In addition to "coots" they have some other names for USC ("Southc*cks", etc). I'm a college football fan, alum of a bigtime football school, so I enjoyed their football tradition. Town of Clemson population is 14,000, 35,000 while school is in session. Football stadium holds 80,000, so game days are crazy. The company I worked for at the time had a luxury box at Death Valley, controlled by the HR department (they recruited engineers from Clemson). Was nice to be able to use it to host my daughter and her boyfriend on homecoming day, etc.

BTW ND murdered the Clemson WBB team today.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My daughter graduated from Clemson. Good school and nice place. In addition to "coots" they have some other names for USC ("Southc*cks", etc). I'm a college football fan, alum of a bigtime football school, so I enjoyed their football tradition. Town of Clemson population is 14,000, 35,000 while school is in session. Football stadium holds 80,000, so game days are crazy. The company I worked for at the time had a luxury box at Death Valley, controlled by the HR department (they recruited engineers from Clemson). Was nice to be able to use it to host my daughter and her boyfriend on homecoming day, etc.

BTW ND murdered the Clemson WBB team today.

I'm not surprised; we beat the Tigresses by 58 back in November.

Reaction Score
Just before their game with Texas A&M yesterday Auburn announced they have dismissed Hasina Muhammed, their recently-suspended and newly re-eligible participant in the dust up with Alabama. Dismissed from team only, not school. On track to graduate in May.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99