Way OT: So we're at the base of an active volcano | The Boneyard

Way OT: So we're at the base of an active volcano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
in a rain forest in Costa Rica on Wednesday, and as we're leaving I ask a guy to take a photo of us . As I hand him my camera, I notice that he has a Rutgers cap on. I tell him that we're fans of the Uconn women, and he starts to hand the camera back. I quickly tell him,though, that I'm a great fan of CViv, and he tells me how much he loves CViv, and then takes our photo. We had a good laugh together in that very remote place. Such a small world!

Reaction Score
in a rain forest in Costa Rica on Wednesday, and as we're leaving I ask a guy to take a photo of us . As I hand him my camera, I notice that he has a Rutgers cap on. I tell him that we're fans of the Uconn women, and he starts to hand the camera back. I quickly tell him,though, that I'm a great fan of CViv, and he tells me how much he loves CViv, and then takes our photo. We had a good laugh together in that very remote place. Such a small world!
I was hoping to hear about a sacrifice made for healthy bodies this year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know sometimes it is necessary to lie to get what you want, but do your really want to post it all over the internet afterwards?!:p

Reaction Score
I know sometimes it is necessary to lie to get what you want, but do your really want to post it all over the internet afterwards?!:p

stringer has won 900 games, is in the hall of fame, has taken 3 different teams to the final four, and many of her players have done well in the wnba. i find it hard not to appreciate those accomplishments, though many on this board don't. lie about being a fan? hardly. i certainly don't mind expressing my admiration for one of the great coaches . it has always puzzled me that so many so-called fans of women's basketball like you and others on this board have so very little positive to say about her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
stringer has won 900 games, is in the hall of fame, has taken 3 different teams to the final four, and many of her players have done well in the wnba. i find it hard not to appreciate those accomplishments, though many on this board don't. lie about being a fan? hardly. i certainly don't mind expressing my admiration for one of the great coaches . it has always puzzled me that so many so-called fans of women's basketball like you and others on this board have so very little positive to say about her.
Hey - I was just yanking you chain!
I do respect Cviv as a defensive mastermind and as a legend of the game. I also think she is challenged on the offensive end and needs a good assistant to help her run that side of the ball. The Uconn/Rutgers rivalry was great when they had their run even even when their was that kerfuffle. That and the CD connection and disappointment are the two areas that might affect some boneyarders opinions.

Reaction Score
Hey - I was just yanking you chain!
I do respect Cviv as a defensive mastermind and as a legend of the game. I also think she is challenged on the offensive end and needs a good assistant to help her run that side of the ball. The Uconn/Rutgers rivalry was great when they had their run even even when their was that kerfuffle. That and the CD connection and disappointment are the two areas that might affect some boneyarders opinions.

understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc