Watching USC | The Boneyard

Watching USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am struck by how hard Staley has her team playing. They are very active on defense and I can see them competing for the SEC title. Staley is going to make some noise once she gets White in the program.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes, if she could consistently contend for NCs, have every one of her games televised, and send a slew of alumnae to professional and Olympic glory, it'd be a comparable sell to uconn for a top national recruit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since when did Southern Cal join the SEC ? I know they are coached by a former WNBA great.... but thought it was Cynthia Cooper.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Strongly disagree, South Carolina is no match for Lady Vols and Ky. I'll be surprised if they finish 4th in the SEC. Sure they play hard, but they are playing Savanah State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Strongly disagree, South Carolina is no match for Lady Vols and Ky. I'll be surprised if they finish 4th in the SEC. Sure they play hard, but they are playing Savanah State.

Its gonna be interesting to see who finishes 3rd in the SEC. At the end of last season, I would have thought that Vandy would have a shot at a top 4 finish.... but they have run into injury problems and transfers

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Staley seems to have USCar going in the right direction over the last few years and generally moving upward in the tourney except for last year's early exit. With the SEC constructed the way it is, this would be a doable time for the Gamecocks to rise to the top of the class there, though it's hard to say from their schedule how good they are.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I try to base my assessments on what I see players do, not as much on against whom they are doing it. There is some real talent on that team and they are quite athletic. Coates, a MCDAA, is going to be a good one. She has long arms and is very agile at 6-4. Coates and White should be a really good set of bigs. Welch is a tremendous athlete and is a Jr and the other two most impressive players, Mitchell and Dozier, are Sophs.

I think that they have the talent to compete with any team in the SEC.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes, if she could consistently contend for NCs, have every one of her games televised, and send a slew of alumnae to professional and Olympic glory, it'd be a comparable sell to uconn for a top national recruit.

Didn't take all that for Mulkey to land BG, just a slew of text messages. Didn't take all that for Delaware to land EDD.

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree, South Carolina is no match for Lady Vols and Ky. I'll be surprised if they finish 4th in the SEC.

Top to bottom, the SEC is weak. It wouldn't be that surprising.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, Staley did get to watch Geno's approach up close and personal at the National Team's training camp in Las Vegas back in October. ;)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Didn't take all that for Mulkey to land BG, just a slew of text messages. Didn't take all that for Delaware to land EDD.

Delaware didn't land EDD. EDD fell into their laps. There's a difference.

Reaction Score
I am struck by how hard Staley has her team playing ...

And I am struck by your transparent p1mping on the UConn board for USC to land Wilson. Tell me - do you often do this on other boards? Have you made similar efforts on the Baylor board for recruits to go somewhere else besides Waco?

Reaction Score
And I am struck by your transparent p1mping on the UConn board for USC to land Wilson. Tell me - do you often do this on other boards? Have you made similar efforts on the Baylor board for recruits to go somewhere else besides Waco?
Really?

Reaction Score
Really?
I guess I'm not really surprised. You can always expect EastTexasTrash to abuse his visiting privilege and the tolerance of the Admins here, not to mention other posters.

So I should not be struck by ETT's transparent p1mping to derail UConn. Why it's tolerated here completely eludes me, however.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Top to bottom, the SEC is weak. It wouldn't be that surprising.

I think the top two teams in the SEC are very good. After that, a dropoff. Sort of like the AAC. (I'm not yet buying into Arkansas until they play someone )

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I guess I'm not really surprised. You can always expect EastTexasTrash to abuse his visiting privilege and the tolerance of the Admins here, not to mention other posters.

So I should not be struck by ETT's transparent p1mping to derail UConn. Why it's tolerated here completely eludes me, however.
Yeah, not a huge fan. Don't be fooled by the Texas in our names, we aren't remotely similar.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Yes, really. I have it on good authority that what recruits hear is "didja read what ETT wrote on the Boneyard about where you should go?"

I know right!? :rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Delaware didn't land EDD. EDD fell into their laps. There's a difference.

That was actually my point. It is possible that a player lands in a team's lap just due to circumstances.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes, really. I have it on good authority that what recruits hear is "didja read what ETT wrote on the Boneyard about where you should go?"

I haven't said anything about where any recruit should go. I use that power very wisely.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ETT - I was actually quite disappointed in SC when they played NC - I was expecting more from them, but I thought at both ends they were not very organized and played more like individuals than a team. I had expected more from a Dawn coached team.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think the top two teams in the SEC are very good. After that, a dropoff. Sort of like the AAC. (I'm not yet buying into Arkansas until they play someone )
I refuse to be impressed by Arkansas. I made that mistake a couple of years ago.

While it is popular to downgrade the strength of the SEC as a conference, make no mistake that Tennessee, Georgia, Vandy, South Carolina for sure are "real"; LSU may be. I saw Florida play Georgetown today and was not impressed, although they won in ot - but they are not a pushover either. My point is that I think all those teams can handle the Arkansas I am used to seeing, I'm not impressed by the Little Sisters tour.

Reaction Score

If you think the OP was sinister try playing it backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom