Watching TN-MD is just like watching UCONN-Dayton... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watching TN-MD is just like watching UCONN-Dayton...

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
These are seniors! Seniors! No poise! What was that shot by Burdick? Graves passes out instead of getting the 2?

actually Graves is a junior, but your point stands

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
These are some of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen down the stretch. What was Graves trying to do there? And that airball by Burdick with 19 seconds left on the shot clock?

Reaction Score
LOL Jordan Reynolds. Jesus. I almost feel sorry for TN fans at this point.

Reaction Score
Good thing Holly took that quick timeout after her team got a fast break lay up to go up 3.

Over coaching at it's worst.

Reaction Score
With DeShields and Russell next year tennessee should be good. Glad they did not made it this season to the final four.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Ok then. TENN blew it for Pat. We play Maryland.

Reaction Score
Except it is hard on the eyes. Why are both teams in home colors? Should one not be in white or gray? Yellow is right next to orange in my Crayola box.:)

God these colors they have are awful!!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Maryland's guards finally starting playing down the stretch and manged to win the game. They have got to play a better game against UConn, otherwise no contest. Glad to see Lady Vols lose. With the Lady Vols shooting 4 -23 this should have been a 20 point blow-out instead of a 1 possession game with a minute left.

Reaction Score
Aww, Izzy and Bashaara sitting at the end there. I've got no problem with them, even given the uni they wear. Good careers, even if the team didn't have what it took to make a Final Four.

Maryland has had a few games where they shot very well from 3 early in the tournament. They will need some of that again to stand a chance against UConn. Their interior game isn't going to cut it, I don't think. All in all, it's a favorable matchup in styles for UConn provided they continue their good play.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Well sorry guys...we just weren't good enough to get to y'all and the beating you'd give us. Go pummel MD now and get to the C'ship! Y'all have been fun this year on here. Maybe I'll stick around. :)

Reaction Score
Well sorry guys...we just weren't good enough to get to y'all and the beating you'd give us. Go pummel MD now and get to the C'ship! Y'all have been fun this year on here. Maybe I'll stick around. :)
There's always next year, and no sane person thinks Tenn isn't going to be one of the top 5 teams next year. Adding DeShields will provide much needed help on offense, and a couple others recover from injuries. Next year I think we'll see an above average number of really good, competitive teams. I think the sport is starting to get close to a critical mass in terms of talent. You saw in this tournament what the men's has had for a while, and that's lower seeds having a legitimate shot at making a deep run. If not for being in UConn's bracket, Dayton would have had a great shot at making the final four as a seven seed, and if not for blowing a big lead late, the Zags would have made the elite eight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With DeShields and Russell next year tennessee should be good. Glad they did not made it this season to the final four.
Have we heard anything about Russell's feet? Is she 100%?

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Have we heard anything about Russell's feet? Is she 100%?

From what we've been told, she's coming along well. She's been practicing with the team since the end of Jan/first of February and has been fully cleared.

Reaction Score
Stick a fork in Tn, they're done! If WCBB is played for 500 more years the Lady Vols will NEVER make another FF!
Wow it was just announced that Diamond DeShields has been named playing coach at TN starting next season with Holly Warlick as her head Asst., Since they can't pay DD she will be coaching for her scholarship! They just made official what everyone knew was going to happen anyway!

Reaction Score
Except in very slow motion!
It remind me of when Uconn played MN in the final four and how each team was in non stop motion, and then TN played Duke and the announcers kept asking why everyone was just standing around. Last night Uconn Dayton was a great game to watch. It's what basketball should be. TN MD was boring. It shows you what can happen when all 10 players on the court can actually score. MD can't say lets use Dayton's formula against Uconn because their bigs can't shoot from the foul line let alone 3 point line. John Wooden was looking down last night and smiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom