Watching highlights of the AAC championship game | The Boneyard

Watching highlights of the AAC championship game

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Here is some of what I want to talk about:

I mean, how often does basketball get that beautiful? If Uconn plays like this in the NCAA tourney, doesn't it seem like another banner for the Huskies? Isn't this the depth and diversity of talent we were expecting from this squad in October of 2015?

In short, who else in WCBB can replicate this caliber of basketball? Notre Dame has its own brand of offense that's pretty damn lethal, but it doesn't take long to call roll after the Irish.

Here, we were treated to uconn's blend of unselfish passing, high-low and low-high interior ball movement, strong, aggressive rebounding and drives to the hoop, and an overall team FG% that has a dramatic, positive effect on the number of assists in the game.

I loved what I saw. Six more performances like that? Yes, please.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Well said Alex.

Some of the most devastatingly beautiful BB in living memory.
And the focus was on the offense...the D was classic as well.

No team can stand up to that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Basketball can be a beautiful game. Under Geno, it often is.

Check out the sequence starting at about 3:30. Stewie gets the block, and MoJet corrals the ball and turns on the jets, blowing by Courtney Williams and everyone else. She makes a mad dash toward the basket, then abruptly pushes the ball into the right corner, where Kia Nurse has measured the 3-pointer. 3 points for Kia and another assist for the whirling dervish wearing #4.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Gabby was begging for the ball and didnt get it... she had to go after the offensive rebound with the putback

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Gabby was begging for the ball and didnt get it... she had to go after the offensive rebound with the putback

Gabby is like the terminator. She can't be bargained with or reasoned with, she doesn't feel pity or remorse, and she absolutely will not stop until she has rebounded the ball that caromed off the basket.

Reaction Score
This is beautiful basketball and I love how little they dribble the ball. Yes we have a well oiled machine here. Go Girls and get your Championship.

Reaction Score
They played like a team on a mission for title 11 but they are having fun doing it. Did yall see during the run in the second half when Kiawah made her 3 how excited KLS and Moriah was including the bench?? What's so scary about going into the Tournament is Kia Nurse is playing better making shots either from 3 or a lay up.

Reaction Score
Loved Tierney's fiery "that's a flagrant!" when Williams pulled Stewie down.
There were at least two of those "submarine" or undercutting fouls committed on Stewie that game, one by WIlliams and another by Ferreira. Another one much earlier in the season from Cable of ND. I dont know if there were others in other games, but those three stand out for me.

I agree with Lawlor that they should be called flagrants. The foul looks innocent, but a player with two feet on the floor who shoves from behind an opponent who is up in the air is seriously endangering the jumping player and is not making a play for the ball. It's great that Stewie wasn't injured, but those are not common variety fouls, IMHO.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There were at least two of those "submarine" or undercutting fouls committed on Stewie that game, one by WIlliams and another by Ferreira. Another one much earlier in the season from Cable of ND. I dont know if there were others in other games, but those three stand out for me.

I agree with Lawlor that they should be called flagrants. The foul looks innocent, but a player with two feet on the floor who shoves from behind an opponent who is up in the air is seriously endangering the jumping player and is not making a play for the ball. It's great that Stewie wasn't injured, but those are not common variety fouls, IMHO.
Welcome to the world of posting

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

And are frequently found in those ND games.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Gabby is like the terminator. She can't be bargained with or reasoned with, she doesn't feel pity or remorse, and she absolutely will not stop until she has rebounded the ball that caromed off the basket.

Gabby was like +24 or +26 for that game in 18 minutes of play.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
and Shea was rocking the red skirt

But it looked like CD was wearing a patchwork quilt for a skirt. Granted we were in double nosebleed seats so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
But it looked like CD was wearing a patchwork quilt for a skirt. Granted we were in double nosebleed seats so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked.
YOU of all people way up there... thought you'd be front row opposite side of the UConn bench

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is the most beautiful basketball I have ever seen played by a UCONN team. I am not saying it is the best all-time team or anything else just that this team plays with a flow and beauty at both ends of the the court that is simply wonderful to watch. Just fantastic.

Enjoy it while we can.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Loved Tierney's fiery "that's a flagrant!" when Williams pulled Stewie down.
She's got coach written all over her. I wonder if she can be a coach AND raise cattle?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My favorite highlight: Seeing Morgan move so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom