Watched Tyus Battle on TV at Peach Jam | The Boneyard

Watched Tyus Battle on TV at Peach Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Battle can really stroke it. Has hit whole bunch of threes but team is trailing.

His teammate, number 11, Brice Athens (sp), is a nice little underclassmen PG.. He's been active on defense, and has driven it to the lane a few times and has a nice 3 point shot.

On the other team is Brisco, who has the nice smooth game but its not a great athlete, not a good fit for UConn. Is very strong and is able to finish with contact, but I preferred the more athletic and better outside shooting guard.

Battle's Team Scan is coming back, down just 2. Battle is the game's leading scorer.

Reaction Score
Battle has a nice stroke, but needs to work on his game off the bounce and learn to create for himself. He's still young and hopefully will work on that over the next two years.

Reaction Score
DogMania said:
Battle has a nice stroke, but needs to work on his game off the bounce and learn to create for himself. He's still young and hopefully will work on that over the next two years.

I don't think we should settle. We should be focusing on guards who have Ray's size and shooting ability, but also have the quickness and creativity of Kemba and the clutchiness of Shabazz.

Ideally, any guard we sign would also be dating Kate Upton, so the TV cameras would show her a lot at Gampel. That could only help recruiting. But I think we can afford to be flexible there and accept most of the younger SI swimsuit models (the older ones might not appeal to recruits as much).

Reaction Score
I don't think we should settle. We should be focusing on guards who have Ray's size and shooting ability, but also have the quickness and creativity of Kemba and the clutchiness of Shabazz.

Ideally, any guard we sign would also be dating Kate Upton, so the TV cameras would show her a lot at Gampel. That could only help recruiting. But I think we can afford to be flexible there and accept most of the younger SI swimsuit models (the older ones might not appeal to recruits as much).
If I was 18 (again) I think Ollie could convert my average playing arse into a Kemba Walker clone. I guess what I'm saying is that even a decent HS guard will leave UConn a great 'collegiate' guard.

Just watch what he does with T-Sam.

Reaction Score
Briscoe is a real nice player but I'm okay with us not being in the running anymore also DM, agree…..;)

Reaction Score

Maybe this wasn't his best game. I've watched film of him where he can create his own shot easily off the dribble.. step-back jumpers in the defender's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom