watch the Stanford-Washington halftime for Geno | The Boneyard

watch the Stanford-Washington halftime for Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just announced that he's going to respond to certain criticisms of UConn's dominance.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Well, Shaughnessy has been a first class hack for years, so there's that.

My wife, who is admittedly not a big basketball fan, thinks blowouts are boring. I tell her not to look at the score, but to focus on each possession, each defensive stand and to try to see the excellence.

toadfoot

Reaction Score
Well, Shaughnessy has been a first class hack for years, so there's that.

My wife, who is admittedly not a big basketball fan, thinks blowouts are boring. I tell her not to look at the score, but to focus on each possession, each defensive stand and to try to see the excellence.

And just for the record, I also love the blowouts

Reaction Score
What gets me mad is everyone thinks UCONN is bad for the game. Why is that? Do u obviously think UCONN gets every kid they want year in and year out? There are plenty of programs that sign all Americans year in and year out. Plenty of programs sign the number one recruiting class. What are these programs doing wrong? Why is UCONN so good? Well GENO and company get the right kids to come to UCONN. They get the best out of there players. It's not GENO or uconn's fault cause they play with a higher standard. It's the rest of the basketball world to catch up. UCONN is no different then the programs like Baylor, North Carolina, Maryland, South Carolina and many others who continue to bring in high school all Americans. UCONN loses many players they would like to sign but they continue to win with the players they bring in cause GENO and company is the best at developing there talent and what players fit there needs. So enough with the crying and do something about it. UCONN works hard and makes things look easy which anyone who knows anything about basketball and sports it's far from easy!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is an easy write for Shau etc. to pander to the worst instincts of the male sports fan. A wanna be pandering to never weres. You never get that from male athletes. Quite the contrary. Durant is a big fan of Stewie's, etc etc etc.

Reaction Score
It is an easy write for Shau etc. to pander to the worst instincts of the male sports fan. A wanna be pandering to never weres. You never get that from male athletes. Quite the contrary. Durant is a big fan of Stewie's, etc etc etc.

^^^^THIS. My first reaction was Shaughnessy trying to maintain his cred with the manly-men sportfans. CHB indeed.

toadfoot

Reaction Score

This is about more than just pandering to male sports fans, or pandering to fans of male sports. As tremendous as the internet is at informing, educating and entertaining, it's also led to what I would call "click-thru" journalism. It's not about facts, truth or even common sense, but about generating "clicks", which translate to revenue. The more outrageous the statement, even when the author doesn't believe it, the better for the click rate.
It's all about money.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is about more than just pandering to male sports fans, or pandering to fans of male sports. As tremendous as the internet is at informing, educating and entertaining, it's also led to what I would call "click-thru" journalism. It's not about facts, truth or even common sense, but about generating "clicks", which translate to revenue. The more outrageous the statement, even when the author doesn't believe it, the better for the click rate.
It's all about money.

You're right, but as you said, it is one of the reasons. Locker room crotch adjusting is still big among hack sports journalists.

Reaction Score
The shameful truth is that this man uses his position to tear something down so he can stand on it and be more visible. The facts would suggest that his own work does not merit any serious attention, so he needs to stand on the shoulders of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom