Watch Kia 7 AM Today on ESPN3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watch Kia 7 AM Today on ESPN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree that, with her build and hair bun, Kia resembles Nicole Powell.

Even her movement reminds me of Powell, as well as the erectness with which she carries her body. Many similarities.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Noticed on replay -- when Mozambique hit a few shots late in the game, after Kia had gone to the bench (probably thinking she was done for the day), the Canadian coach put her back in for perimeter defense and ball control -- at least I assume those were the reasons. She is clearly one of Canada's core players.

Having said that, I don't think she will be in UConn's starting lineup, but it's possible. There is an open position at the 2 for which she could possibly beat out Saniya and the other freshmen.

Interesting that Kia got more minutes than Nirra Fields, a sophomore at UCLA.

Courtney Pilypaitis looks very different (and in my opinion better) than she looked when she played for Vermont. Also smiles more.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Noticed on replay -- when Mozambique hit a few shots late in the game, after Kia had gone to the bench (probably thinking she was done for the day), the Canadian coach put her back in for perimeter defense and ball control -- at least I assume those were the reasons. She is clearly one of Canada's core players.

Having said that, I don't think she will be in UConn's starting lineup, but it's possible. There is an open position at the 2 for which she could possibly beat out Saniya and the other freshmen.

Interesting that Kia got more minutes than Nirra Fields, a sophomore at UCLA.

Courtney Pilypaitis looks very different (and in my opinion better) than she looked when she played for Vermont. Also smiles more.

IMO, Nurse is light years ahead of Chong. I don't anticipate Chong ever starting for UCONN, but I can envision Nurse starting from day 1.

Reaction Score
Nurse,more confident and stronger...But not a good shot...Chong a way better shot.Who will start between Chong,Nurse and Gabby at the 2.....a toss up....At the 2,I lean toward Gabby,knowing her BB talent....but time will tell.Only time will tell.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
IMO, Nurse is light years ahead of Chong. I don't anticipate Chong ever starting for UCONN, but I can envision Nurse starting from day 1.

Chong has terrific offensive skills but seems better suited to using them with the ball in her hands. I wouldn't write her off yet though. Jefferson looked even more lost most of her freshmen year and then took an enormous leap.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
At the 2,I lean toward Gabby,knowing her BB talent....but time will tell.Only time will tell.

I'd be shocked if Williams starts anytime soon. She's coming off her second knee surgery in 1-1/2 years and may not even be 100% until well into the season. I do wonder if Ekmark could play shooting guard because UConn could use more outside options.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Williams starts anytime soon. She's coming off her second knee surgery in 1-1/2 years and may not even be 100% until well into the season. I do wonder if Ekmark could play shooting guard because UConn could use more outside options.
Sorry Silicon Husky...I should have of mentioned ..."If healthy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom