Watch ESPN | The Boneyard

Watch ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else having trouble? Tried to watch a replay of last night's game. It went through to the first break. Then lots and lots of commercials, back to near the end of the first half, then more commercials, then end of game! Tried Tulane game with similar results. :(

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yes, it's corrupted. I mentioned in the game thread that I hope HuskyGames.com can still get it uploaded. I assume they take it off the DVR in which case it'll probably be available later today.

They have the Tulane game. They do NOT have the East Carolina game as of yet.

Reaction Score
Anyone else having trouble? Tried to watch a replay of last night's game. It went through to the first break. Then lots and lots of commercials, back to near the end of the first half, then more commercials, then end of game! Tried Tulane game with similar results. :(
"RECORD IT"

Reaction Score
Thanks. I suspect they cannot get the E Carolina game because it was only on ESPN3, so not able to DVR.
Yeah, I don't have a DVR so no recording for me. I depend on Watch ESPN and Huskygames!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've had many, many problems with the replays on ESPN3 this entire season. I can't even find where to report the problem to.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks. I suspect they cannot get the E Carolina game because it was only on ESPN3, so not able to DVR.
Yeah, I don't have a DVR so no recording for me. I depend on Watch ESPN and Huskygames!

They never got the first AAC game against Cincy last year either so you're probably right; probably won't get the Carolina game.

Reaction Score
I watched the East Carolina game replay no problem. The Tulane game is completely unwatchable on replay. There's a contact spot right on the top of the main page. You can chat with them if you want. Otherwise you can leave a complaint. Probably won't do much good, but can't hurt.

Reaction Score

It was a bit trial and error but I was able to watch the entire game on replay last night. I just tried to skip the first part (the long commercial) multiple times at the commercial and eventually was able to get to the point where the score was 19-17 or something like that when Stewie was completing the second of back to back 3-pt play, and it is smooth sailing from then out.

What a game!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
and eventually was able to get to the point where the score was 19-17 or something like that when Stewie was completing the second of back to back 3-pt play, and it is smooth sailing from then out.

You got really lucky then because I tried 10 times to watch it and it would either stop entirely or jump ahead to the second half.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yup

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yes, it's corrupted. I mentioned in the game thread that I hope HuskyGames.com can still get it uploaded. I assume they take it off the DVR in which case it'll probably be available later today.

They have the Tulane game. They do NOT have the East Carolina game as of yet.

Good luck to anyone looking to post the EC game for download. From what I could see it was only available as a stream and not as a broadcasted game. I'm hoping someone pulled it even if it is in 480p. I'll take a low-def post over nothing anytime.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I've had many, many problems with the replays on ESPN3 this entire season. I can't even find where to report the problem to.

You can report a problem here off the ESPN main page
ESPN_mainpage.gif

Reaction Score
Have you noticed with all their videos you can't ff or rew? You don't have control of the cursor; it jumps all around. Very annoying.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Have you noticed with all their videos you can't ff or rew? You don't have control of the cursor; it jumps all around. Very annoying.

Yes! It didn't used to be that way. Whenever I try to move the cursor ahead or back, it screws it up about 80% of the time. Argh!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow... and we call the "kids" spoiled brats

Reaction Score
wow... and we call the "kids" spoiled brats
What? We pay for those replays through their sponsors and their own ads. It's not like ESPN provides these out of the goodness of their hearts.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What? We pay for those replays through their sponsors and their own ads. It's not like ESPN provides these out of the goodness of their hearts.
LOL_600X315.png

invest in cable TV along with a DVR... and all your problems will go away. yeah yeah yeah I know budget, fixed incomes etc.... so that means you gotta settle and appreciate what is available (not to mention HuskyGames who has NO, ZERO sponsors and still get held to the same standard as ESPNWatch smh)

Reaction Score
It is not spoiled to wish that a feature offered on the internet worked properly. I don't see anyone wanting to "boycott ESPN!" or anything silly, just wishing that their Watch ESPN worked properly. Similarly, I don't think wishing the game was already on Huskygames is being unappreciative (tho maybe impatient!). I think we are all immensely grateful for that resource. :)
I did get a response when I informed ESPN of the problem. It seemed a stock response on how to get your computer to stream properly. I did let them know that others are having an issue and the problem is likely on their end.

Beautiful day today with plenty to do other than rewatch the game! :p

Reaction Score
SPOILED? Of course we're spoiled. After all, we are UConn fans who have had the immense joy and pleasure of watching the UConn women take the sport to a level that has never been seen before. I confess that I have been spoiled over the years by watching these amazing women and wonderful coaches and staff work their magic game after game. And I've enjoyed every minute of it. I also hope I am spoiled with #11 in a few weeks as well.:)

Reaction Score
Some of these games are online only. I don't see how a DVR would help. It's unfortunate, because I've been wanting to watch some of the other WCBB games as well. Waste of a TV subscription...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Some of these games are online only. I don't see how a DVR would help. It's unfortunate, because I've been wanting to watch some of the other WCBB games as well. Waste of a TV subscription...
cancel it and see how that works out for you... we miss a game or 2 or cant get a replay and we want to cancel the subscription after enjoying 95% of the season, weird (shrugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom