Washington Post article on Maryland game | The Boneyard

Washington Post article on Maryland game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was one comment on the article:

"why do the MD coaches huddle at timeouts and talk to each other instead of the team?"

I didn't notice it on TV but I think that is funny, they can talk to each other anytime without calling a timeout. LOL!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Even more interesting was that both posted comments to the article were critical of Brenda's coaching.I wonder how many more readers will comment in the same manner especially after her contract extension being announced earlier in the day.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I guess it's more bitterly disappointing for them because they really thought they had a chance. Many of us knew differently. Given UCONN's lack of depth at the moment, it's highly possible teams could play even with UCONN for 36 minutes. But it's a 4o minute game. Duke is the only team I'd worry about but hopefully by then we will have the 2 amigos back...

Reaction Score
There was one comment on the article:

"why do the MD coaches huddle at timeouts and talk to each other instead of the team?"

I didn't notice it on TV but I think that is funny, they can talk to each other anytime without calling a timeout. LOL!

A lot of coaches huddle during time outs from the NBA on down. Geno doesn't do it, but Phil Jackson always did and probably had some influence on the increasing practice of coaches huddling up prior to speaking with the players.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno's one brain is as valuable as four. Just teasing. Adjustments, reminding about the clock and game situation, and things to watch for are fine but Geno has said before that many time you can't give lots of details because in the midst of the haze of battle the players can't absorb too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom